NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
speaking of monitors, what is the "go to" monitor now? I know there's those giant 35" super wide ones. LG has one that's 5k resolution. Pretty nice, but pretty expensive. It's only 60hz though.

Everyone is saying that high refresh rate is an end game, so what type of monitor are they using?
Alienware 34". A bit late to the party though. The older model (3418) was cheap for a long time, but now they are hard to find from reputable vendors and the new model (3420) is out and not discounted a whole lot yet. Nothing could really compete with the 3418 at $600-700, but there's probably some competition with the 3420 all the way at $1k.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Water cooling my video card was the best decision. It runs so much cooler, and it's actually quiet. I've had so many video cards over the years that are just loud as fuck from fans/coil whine.
What I hate about water cooling GFXs is that you have to wait like a month or two to get watercooling solutions(generally the backplates replacements first and then the pre assembled water cooled cards). I wish Nvidia themselves(and AMD) started selling water cooling cards and stuff.

I've been seriously considering switching though next card, it doesn't look too complicated to do. I think when the cards are closer to release I'll get a kit to try on my old computer and see how it works out, so I don't fuck up a brand new card in the process.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
What I hate about water cooling GFXs is that you have to wait like a month or two to get watercooling solutions(generally the backplates replacements first and then the pre assembled water cooled cards). I wish Nvidia themselves(and AMD) started selling water cooling cards and stuff.

I've been seriously considering switching though next card, it doesn't look too complicated to do. I think when the cards are closer to release I'll get a kit to try on my old computer and see how it works out, so I don't fuck up a brand new card in the process.
It's pretty easy. It's like 10 screws or something, and unplug the fan. 10 screws back on.

spronk

FPS noob
Alienware 34". A bit late to the party though. The older model (3418) was cheap for a long time, but now they are hard to find from reputable vendors and the new model (3420) is out and not discounted a whole lot yet. Nothing could really compete with the 3418 at $600-700, but there's probably some competition with the 3420 all the way at $1k.

i have the 3418 alienware for about a year now and its fantastic, gSync on it is really nice (although "only" 120hz) and its IPS but no HDR. It cost me ~$500.

The other one I remember debating on was one of the LGs, I think this one
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B086XLLG28

which does FreeSync not gSync but I think the new nvidia cards will turn FreeSync into gSync or something? I dunno.

I know this ASUS is also really great albeit its 27", 2560x1440 not widescreen, but does up to 165hz
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07WQ4FXY9

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
It's pretty easy. It's like 10 screws or something, and unplug the fan. 10 screws back on.
I meant the whole watercooling shit(installing the pump, cutting the tubes, checking everything, filling it up etc), haven't ever used it, did watch some videos a while back though and overall it's not really complicated as long as you're careful about what you're doing. The GFX part specifically doesn't look any harder than the rest yeah.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Water cooling my video card was the best decision. It runs so much cooler, and it's actually quiet. I've had so many video cards over the years that are just loud as fuck from fans/coil whine.
Same, but now my room gets even hotter since the heat being pulled from the card is now transferring to the room. That said, it's super quiet and dropped my load temps from like 83C to the 30s.

1592403779424.png

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I'm highly doubtful the new 3000 cards will even fit in my Alienware case. Things are already snug in there, and these new cards look HUGE!

Fucker

Log Wizard
I had one but can't remember the brand. A nice voodoo 3 2000. First GPU I ever bought, with my own money too at 13

3DFX was the brand. They bought AIB maker STB so they could make their own cards. It was this move that essentially ended the company.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
3DFX was the brand. They bought AIB maker STB so they could make their own cards. It was this move that essentially ended the company.
That sounds right. We're talking 20+ years ago so it's real hard to remember. I still own the card for sentimental value. How gay is that

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had one but can't remember the brand. A nice voodoo 3 2000. First GPU I ever bought, with my own money too at 13
same here. A friend gave me shit because 16bit color only. I gave him shit because my framerate completely dwarved his riva tnt

Fadaar

That guy
I'm highly doubtful the new 3000 cards will even fit in my Alienware case. Things are already snug in there, and these new cards look HUGE!

Main reason I'm still rocking my Corsair 800D I got in 2010. Fucker has an insane amount of room.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Main reason I'm still rocking my Corsair 800D I got in 2010. Fucker has an insane amount of room.

I got an insanely good price for the Alienware R11 with a brand new 10th gen Intel i7-10700k and a 2080TI card (just under $2800). I was going to wait for the new Nvidia cards to come out, but then I read that they probably wouldn't release until some time in 2021, so I jumped on this deal. I'm sure my PC will be able to run almost any game that's coming out in the next 2 or 3 years, but if I could do it again, I would've waited for the new Nvidia cards, and probably the new AMD Ryzen as well. Oh well, I got impatient. I guess I'll have to wait and see if the new cards will even fit in my case.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A lot of the alienwares have proprietary RTX cards too. A new card legitimately.may not fit. But I'm sure dell would sell you one that would