NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
The people crying and pounding their fists over this shit are the same people who are trying to sell their used 2080tis for $900. They can get fucked.

There are also plenty of people not planning to do that are mad.

I’m not mad just disappointed but like I said earlier, this is what I expected. I am perfectly fine waiting for AMD, or waiting months for a 3080 if it takes forever to get stock in. I’m not raging and I wouldn’t fuck over a seller, but I’m sure there are people who will. That’s all I was saying, I’d be nervous trying to sell one of these due to dumbasses being so mad.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
It's funny because you're so stupid you don't realize that you're making an anti-capitalist/pro-communist statement here.

I can be pro capitalist/anti communist while also thinking scalpers/resellers are unethical scum. I know that might be hard for you to comprehend.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
If AMD can't capitalize of this shit show then I think you have to write them off when it comes to video cards. Those mofos should be pouncing right now.
Fundamental problem here is Nvidia had no capacity at TSMC which is why they went to Samsung but Samsung's process is low yield which results in little supply. AMD has capacity at TSMC to make what they need.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
I can be pro capitalist/anti communist while also thinking scalpers/resellers are unethical scum. I know that might be hard for you to comprehend.
You have a problem with supply and demand? You have a problem with people filling a void in the free marketplace? Go put on your Che Guevera shirt and diddle yourself to the USSR National anthem, you commie faggot.

• 2Like
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fundamental problem here is Nvidia had no capacity at TSMC which is why they went to Samsung but Samsung's process is low yield which results in little supply. AMD has capacity at TSMC to make what they need.

Now would be a great time to “leak” some specs. We all know the node is better already but give us a bread crumb AMD!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
You have a problem with supply and demand? You have a problem with people filling a void in the free marketplace? Go put on your Che Guevera shirt and diddle yourself to the USSR National anthem, you commie faggot.

Wait what void are scalpers filling? There is no void a scalper is filling when demand outstrips supply. If the scalper didn’t exist, people would get their product at a more reasonable price. All a scalper is doing is inflating prices and denying products to people who can’t afford the inflated price caused by not being able to outpace a bot.

It’s a free market and you have the right to buy and sell as you want, but you are absolutely not filling any kind of void at all, scalping is just being a selfish dick.

The argument could be made for scalpers standing outside sporting events and concerts selling tickets could save someone who forgot their ticket or lost it but that’s the only void situation I can think of for a scalper.

• 6Like
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Actually I just thought of the void scalpers are filling. The one in their own wallet. I stand corrected.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Wait what void are scalpers filling? There is no void a scalper is filling when demand outstrips supply. If the scalper didn’t exist, people would get their product at a more reasonable price. All a scalper is doing is inflating prices and denying products to people who can’t afford the inflated price caused by not being able to outpace a bot.

It’s a free market and you have the right to buy and sell as you want, but you are absolutely not filling any kind of void at all, scalping is just being a selfish dick.

The argument could be made for scalpers standing outside sporting events and concerts selling tickets could save someone who forgot their ticket or lost it but that’s the only void situation I can think of for a scalper.
Scalpers fill the void of getting the product into the hands of those who are willing to pay a premium for it. It's quite simple. Plenty of people out there who are willing to pay big bucks to the first adopters here and scalpers are making that happen.

"The argument could be made for scalpers standing outside sporting events and concerts selling tickets could save someone who forgot their ticket or lost it but that’s the only void situation I can think of for a scalper."

Same thing applies here. Forgot about launch day or didn't want to waste your day F5ing on a webpage? Just pay the scalper to do the work for you.

• 1Like

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
My real problem is with these stupid ass retailers, specifically nVidia and EVGA, not taking any precautions to stop the botting. Scalpers are going to scalp. It will happen forever. It is the botting that pisses me off, and exclusively on the seller's side for not making it harder.

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Scalpers are faggots and should be scalped. The only thing they do is increase scarcity of products.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Scalpers are faggots and be scalped. The only thing they do is increase scarcity of products.
Wow Big Phoenix I didn't take you for commie Antifa trash. Hate to hear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • 1NPC
  • 1Faggotry
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 3 users

Aazrael

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Seems I have only one on the way after everything caught up. The other order I thought went through was 15 mins lagged in their system, ordered 2:58pm and it registered in their system as 3:13 so it got stuck in a delivery queue, stated preliminary shipping the 27th so I canceled that one.

I'm happy as hell I got a card on the way that will even fit my case so I dont have to buy a new one, the MSI Ventus was one of the few that were a bit shorter. Time to retire the GTX1070, it does not do well in 1440p.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Seems I have only one on the way after everything caught up. The other order I thought went through was 15 mins lagged in their system, ordered 2:58pm and it registered in their system as 3:13 so it got stuck in a delivery queue, stated preliminary shipping the 27th so I canceled that one.

I'm happy as hell I got a card on the way that will even fit my case so I dont have to buy a new one, the MSI Ventus was one of the few that were a bit shorter. Time to retire the GTX1070, it does not do well in 1440p.

Did you get a FE?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Wonder if lower tier cards in stock now will feel a pinch as people that sold off their 2080's in different flavors look to have "something" till this thing gets straightened out.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Fucking scalper
This is too fucking funny to me. Everywhere I go on this forum I see the lot of you singing the praises of capitalism, how it saved billions from starvation, yadda, yadda, yadda, the whole nine. Which is great and all, I love capitalism. I love democracy. But as soon as CAPITALISM gets in the way of you man babies getting your hands on the latest toy so you can play your vidya games with MAX PIXELS you all turn into a bunch of card-carrying ANTIFA members, crying and pounding the ground because CAPITALISM didn't go in your favor and you don't want to pay what the FREE MARKET DEMANDS for your new little toy.

Shall I start referring to you all as.... fair weather capitalists?

• 3Like
  • 2Truth!
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
dp7q3q88kpn51.jpg

• 1Like