NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
This is too fucking funny to me. Everywhere I go on this forum I see the lot of you singing the praises of capitalism, how it saved billions from starvation, yadda, yadda, yadda, the whole nine. Which is great and all, I love capitalism. I love democracy. But as soon as CAPITALISM gets in the way of you man babies getting your hands on the latest toy so you can play your vidya games with MAX PIXELS you all turn into a bunch of card-carrying ANTIFA members, crying and pounding the ground because CAPITALISM didn't go in your favor and you don't want to pay what the FREE MARKET DEMANDS for your new little toy.

Shall I start referring to you all as.... fair weather capitalists?

This is what getting BTFO looks like. Well done, dude.

giphy.gif

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Legitimate scalpers I dont really care about. Botters/scripters can play in traffic

Exactly, if a scalper wants to get up early to wait in line/f5 it like everyone else who gives a shit? That is their prerogative because they actually stand to lose money if they misjudge things.

Again, it is up to the retailer to prevent this botting shit and they fucking refuse to do it because they are giant pieces of shit.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pretty sure Amazon and other retailers had 0 online stock. Hasnt been a single person that said they got one (outside of spronk)

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
spronk spronk did you get your card from Amazon US? People are confused as to whether Amazon even launched any stock

yes a single TUF card was in stock for ~30-50 cards in the morning, one or two may have popped in or out all day but most have not been for sale. A few people got the ASUS TUF, like I know at least 4-5 in one of the 3080 discords. There were a few preorders from last week that all got cancelled. A few people bought a zoltac from amazon germany but its a question mark whether that'll ship. Some people also ordered from overclockers UK

i cancelled mine though

these cards are gonna come back in stock, in fact nvidia flickered for about 15 seconds ~15 mins ago and 2-3 people were able to get one. probably nvidia slowly going through and cancelling orders they are sure were botted

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is too fucking funny to me. Everywhere I go on this forum I see the lot of you singing the praises of capitalism, how it saved billions from starvation, yadda, yadda, yadda, the whole nine. Which is great and all, I love capitalism. I love democracy. But as soon as CAPITALISM gets in the way of you man babies getting your hands on the latest toy so you can play your vidya games with MAX PIXELS you all turn into a bunch of card-carrying ANTIFA members, crying and pounding the ground because CAPITALISM didn't go in your favor and you don't want to pay what the FREE MARKET DEMANDS for your new little toy.

I’ve always felt this way about any product and scalpers. Someone stepping in with bot programs to deny products to people at a companies asking price to create an artificial supply problem to inflate the price is too much like price fixing to me. Companies feel this way as well or shitty programs like Captcha and purchase limits wouldn’t exist. Consumers don’t want scalpers and Companies don’t want scalpers to the extent they spend money trying to prevent it. I believe there are even anti scalping laws? Ordinances? I’ve seen scalpers get in trouble outside of venues in the past. The only people that like scalpers are scalpers and money is no object people.

• 2Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

It's crazy how human beings are apparently so stupid they're incapable of holding two viewpoints that are, at very best, loosely related.

"Go capitalism!"
"Oh maybe we shouldn't let 8 year olds work in steel mills"

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
It's crazy how human beings are apparently so stupid they're incapable of holding two viewpoints that are, at very best, loosely related.

"Go capitalism!"
"Oh maybe we shouldn't let 8 year olds work in steel mills"
Lmao comparing you not being able to play your vidya games with MAX PIXELS to child labor. Fuck you guys are pathetic lmao.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I put a pre-order into this random site called Pro-Vantage last week for the Zotac 3080 - after the shit show this morning I e-mailed them to cancel and they couldn't cancel it as it was on the way to me tomorrow. Lulz. Definitely going to pop it in the case tomorrow and run through its paces but still very interested to see AMD's offerings.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So I put a pre-order into this random site called Pro-Vantage last week for the Zotac 3080 - after the shit show this morning I e-mailed them to cancel and they couldn't cancel it as it was on the way to me tomorrow. Lulz. Definitely going to pop it in the case tomorrow and run through its paces but still very interested to see AMD's offerings.
I have an order in with them too and was told the same thing but I'm still not optimistic. I'll shit my pants if it actually ships. They did charge my card though so I guess they think it's going to ship? But yeah I'll be astounded.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I got the tracking today and it's in Ft Worth Tx, scheduled for manana from FedEx(about 3.5 hours from here). Prettttty pretty good. Wish it was a different card as I'm reading the Zotacs are slightly underpowered (though quiet and quite cool). We'll see! They also had MSI/EVGA as well for pre-order but I didn't wanna pre-order a ton of cards. More fool me