NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Nola

Trakanon Raider
I'm not sure how reliable these sources are but if AMD can release a card close to the 3090, better than the 3080, less money and fix their drivers I may have to go with Big Navi this generation.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
That is a lot of ifs that have been asked every time AMD has released cards for a long time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
That is a lot of ifs that have been asked every time AMD has released cards for a long time.
Not to mention that if it was true, which it isn’t, the result would just be that no one is able to get their hands on the Navi cards either.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Typically drivers aren't built from the ground up (I write them sometimes) but just iterated upon for new generations. Did they get their shit together with drivers this gen? That would be the key indicator.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Just looked at my Amazon account and they cancelled it. Didn't give me any sort of notification though.

My got iced as well.

I'm a little relieved. I didn't really want a Zotac card and I don't think it would fit in the case I'm looking at the hardest anyways.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That Zotac card is long AF but it's really quiet and hasn't broke past 70C so far in testing. Not enamored with the Zotac benchmarking tool (Firestorm) but it works fine in Afterburner. Much quieter and cooler than my 1080TI, which is kind of surprising given the gulf in power draw, but it's also a much (MUCH) bigger card. Interested to see how the thermals and noise on the 3090 are this week.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X

That is true. BUT their track record on the CPU side as of late has been phenomenal. I will this one time give them the benefit of the doubt here.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
That Zotac card is long AF but it's really quiet and hasn't broke past 70C so far in testing. Not enamored with the Zotac benchmarking tool (Firestorm) but it works fine in Afterburner. Much quieter and cooler than my 1080TI, which is kind of surprising given the gulf in power draw, but it's also a much (MUCH) bigger card. Interested to see how the thermals and noise on the 3090 are this week.

God I'm so jelly right now you bastard. You doubling up frames now coming from the 1080ti?

• 1Like

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Less than 10 years ago AMD did have a better GPU than Nvidia. So not like its beyond the realm of possibility for their 6000 series to best Nvidia's 3000, especially considering its being made by TSMC and not Samsung.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
God I'm so jelly right now you bastard. You doubling up frames now coming from the 1080ti?

Basically ya - I have no RTX games to test though so waiting on something there. Also, it's not doing too wonderfully on 3dMark (compared to even 2080TI's) but that could be a driver issue or 3dMark issue. Basically in WOW at max settings it's over 150+ fps and no hiccups. Tony Hawk maxed out, Avengers maxed out (mostly). Not sure why I'd ever need much more card than this for my UWD 1440p monitor. Some time down the road when 4k becomes cheaper I can see upgrading again (like I did from 1080TI to 3080). Oc'd it a bit to 1830MHZ and it's holding stable but now seeing temps rise to 75C+. Don't like that and the difference is really negligible so just put it back to stock and temps still staying at 68Cish under full load. Surprised by how quiet and cool it is, never had a Zotac but so far so good.

Still want to see AMD though, have a good feeling they're going to give us something tasty!

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Aazrael

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Installed my 750w PSU today in anticipation of tuesday when the 3080 arrives. It is going to be a snug fit in the Fractal Define Mini C. Around 5mm clearence on the front fans in theory. Hope it fits or I'll have to go shop for a bigger case also.

Will the 3090 release the same time on the 24th as the 3080 did on the 17th? Might just try order one but it is a lot of monays so not sure.

Last edited: