Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
10% performance over 3080, I can't imagine anyone wanting that thing

I've been playing around with ESRGAN to upscale images with "AI" but 11GB isn't enough vram to do much with higher resolution images/video. I have this crazy idea of taking my LOTR extended edition blu ray and using Gigapixel or ESRGAN to upscale it to 4K. I've done single frames and the amount of extra detail is noticeably better to my eyes. So far Gigapixel works fine with 11GB but I can't use most of the better filters with ESRGAN.

Sauron's hand (1080p clipping)

1600722747346.png

Gigapixel AI 4K

Background is a little "cleaner" which is their anti noise, but the detail in the armor seems to be improved.

1600722847184.png

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Fucking shit man all these companies are going the Nintendo route and limiting stock to create hype. I'd do it too if I owned a company. I just want my god damn video card.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not to mention all of the websites, bar Amazon are apparently run by potatoes. Every time one of these fuckers gets some stock the website is assploded within seconds.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
"Please DDoS us immediately"

I was able to add one to cart but she's dead now, jim.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Fucking shit man all these companies are going the Nintendo route and limiting stock to create hype. I'd do it too if I owned a company. I just want my god damn video card.
Nintendo is in a totally different situation. They don't put cutting edge tech in their devices, so it's not a manufacturing yield issue. But for CPUs, GPUs and new consoles, the chip yields are so low at the beginning, like 90% of the chips are basically scrap, and they're selling new product at a loss at the start due to the yield issues. Then yields improve and you see stock increase and they start actually selling at a profit.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Best Buy briefly had one model in, sold out after it had me adjust my shipping :|

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Also the corona shit probably fucked up a lot of things, terrible year for new releases of anything.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
The Ventus is a rebrand of the Armor line - I remember how god-awful the 2080 Ventus and 1080 Ti Armor were. Might even be better off with the stock cooler (which is nowhere as good as people seem to think - it's novel and fits in 2 slots, but still way worse than a big ass 3-slot heatsink/3 fan combo).