NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Depends on if the return pays for shipping.
The $8 for return shipping is a drop in the bucket compared to what scalpers have already made on these. Just bow your head and go sit in the corner until 2022 when these become available.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
They are holding the 20GB 3080, 3070 etc until after the release/announcement of Big Navi in late Oct. This is just early fleecing of 2020 pigeons enamored with nVidia allure; otherwise nVidia wouldn't be rushing these out the door to be sure to snatch them up before doubt sets in. I mean, it could be the ATI/AMD of old but there isn't the old overhype part of the overhype/underdeliver paradigm in play. Its nothing but dead silence, which is a completely different move for AMD Graphics Cards.

I don't know but it sure seems like nVidia are overreacting (cut prices, paper launch, holding cards back for competitor counterpunch) if there wasn't something to fear.

• 3Like

Argarth

On the verandah
They are holding the 20GB 3080, 3070 etc until after the release/announcement of Big Navi in late Oct. This is just early fleecing of 2020 pigeons enamored with nVidia allure; otherwise nVidia wouldn't be rushing these out the door to be sure to snatch them up before doubt sets in. I mean, it could be the ATI/AMD of old but there isn't the old overhype part of the overhype/underdeliver paradigm in play. Its nothing but dead silence, which is a completely different move for AMD Graphics Cards.

I don't know but it sure seems like nVidia are overreacting (cut prices, paper launch, holding cards back for competitor counterpunch) if there wasn't something to fear.

Probably won't be upgrading until early next year anyway, but I really hope you're right.

If AMD really does have something special up their sleeve, I'm going to enjoy just sitting back and watching the fallout.
/evilgrin

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
c27215deec660fee16a78ee0ddebf97c.jpg

Maybe my ancient Silverstone FT02 can tolerate it hanging, monted vertical?

I have the same case, but I think it will get retired later this year. It's been great, but it weighs more than everything else in the condo combined..

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
One step closer to simulation quality graphics. This will be old news in 10 years, as we all bitch about how crappy 128k is and why do 1tb TVs cost so much. Can't wait. :)

• 1Worf

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
Dumb post.

Fuck you lol. It has everything this forum loves.

- Futurism with a hint of Lumi.
- Endless dissatisfaction with the most amazing shit ever.

EDIT: In hind sight, I could have done better. Next time I will try to add more misogyny, homophobia and racism.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 1EyeRoll
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
One step closer to simulation quality graphics. This will be old news in 10 years, as we all bitch about how crappy 128k is and why do 1tb TVs cost so much. Can't wait. :)
At this point, increases in resolution are only compensating for crappy AA. 4k is already close to retina resolution at close range, meaning your retina can't resolve individual pixels already. 8k on a 30" display is over what's needed. At television range? 4k is already way over what's needed.

It may yet happen, because marketing. But the difference between a 8k and a 128k display will be like those audiomaniacs that pretend to be able to distinguish quality difference when they replace their crappy HDMI with gold-plated triple-shielded HDMI cables costing 799$ per feet.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Genuine scalpers don't bother me. You do what you gotta do, I get it. The bots that instantly depleted supply day 1, those guys I wish would get shot in the face. Either by dicks or guns

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Genuine scalpers don't bother me. You do what you gotta do, I get it. The bots that instantly depleted supply day 1, those guys I wish would get shot in the face. Either by dicks or guns

It makes me want brick and mortar one per customer release only. And I hate going to stores. Fuck bots.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
What is the difference between a genuine scalper and a bot?

For me, an electronics scalper who isn't using automation isn't genuine, they're clueless bads.

• 1Like

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What is the difference between a genuine scalper and a bot?

For me, an electronics scalper who isn't using automation isn't genuine, they're clueless bads.
I'm ok with someone having to interact to acquire stock, but I know you're just being argumentative for the memes

Xexx

Vyemm Raider

In the end Nvidia does not care at all - which is to be expected. If they were really concerned they could initiate a plethora of methods to not let this happen at all - ever - sure it would be a bit of a hassle on their part but in the end they could easily (but more time consuming) sift through and prevent most bot running away with cards. I also dont mind paying over retail, i just dont agree with the level of crazy they tried to jack up prices and applaud the bots screwing them over.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
^^^They dont give a shit because the bots are instrumental in building up initial hype. People want things more when they cant have them.

Same thing will happen to the consoles the first 6 mos.

• 1Like