NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So did Amazon decide to Nope out of the launch realizing they would lose more money from being DDoS'd by F5's than they would gain from selling all 4 cards?

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
So did Amazon decide to Nope out of the launch realizing they would lose more money from being DDoS'd by F5's than they would gain from selling all 4 cards?
Amazon is the one site that can handle the traffic.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Nothing but comments of no one getting a card, no one knowing anyone who got one. People not happy.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
10 years ago Nvidia would have had the ethics to do a paper launch.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
Signed up for 5 different retailers to "notify" when it was in stock. Didn't receive a single email from one. F5'ed bestbuy all morning, box was coming soon then sold out. I didn't even have the opportunity to add to cart for it to error out. Granted i have a 2080 super, but i wanted to slide that into my old machine and give it some new life. Guess ill wait till some time next year when one will become available.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
r/Nvidia locked down new posts to prevent angry-posting :D

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 4 users

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
if it's true they released in the high hundreds / low thousands, fucking rofl

• 1Like

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Well they had a few in stock, two of them but there were both gone before the store was open. I bet the employees snagged them for themselves or flip them. Well off to Home Deopt to finish off the honey-do list.

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
What a joke, got all the way to Verify your order on NVIDIA's site just now and it says out of stock now

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Guarantee most of the purchases are made by professional scalpers who have the tools, contacts and motivation to finalize a purchase action faster than consumers.

They should take a demand-centric pricing scheme to defeat scalpers and miners. Start the $ at 3x their current price and reduce it as stock scales up to meet demand. Let's see how many miners / scalpers want to buy an RTX 3080 tomorrow at $2100 when it's going to be $1400 in a month and $700 on Black Friday.

• 2Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Guarantee most of the purchases are made by professional scalpers who have the tools, contacts and motivation to finalize a purchase action faster than consumers.
Stunning analysis.

• 1Like