NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>

Screenshot 2020-09-19 143225.png

Definitely will be waiting for a 20GB 3080

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm confused how they're remaining open at all. I've been hearing about this for at least a year

Well maybe the pandemic is driving retail rent prices down or they are getting some governmental support during it to pay rent. With that stock I don't see how they stay open a month, better known as when the rent is due.

Been thinking of buying a new motherboard, err I mean chair yeah that's it. We don't have a fry's however.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Well maybe the pandemic is driving retail rent prices down or they are getting some governmental support during it to pay rent. With that stock I don't see how they stay open a month, better known as when the rent is due.

Been thinking of buying a new motherboard, err I mean chair yeah that's it. We don't have a fry's however.
I saw a video about that stuff and it was before the pandemic like last year or something, they've been on life support in most of their shops for a while now but somehow are still not closed yet.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Eventually as in maybe a year from now. The market for GPUs was fucked even before the 3080 came along. 20X0 stock is still scared and people were reselling their used 2080s above retail as recently as last month. The coming of Cyberpunk and the Christmas holiday are only going to continue to amplify the demand.

I'll post the receipt once I buy one in a few months. You can pay me back out of your profit from all those cards you sold.

spronk

FPS noob
could be fake but someone at amazon compiled a list of shipments they have scheduled for AIB 3080 cards and the dates, the numbers are pallets of cards and each pallet is like 30 cards. The EVGA twitter guy also mentioned a restock of thousands of 3080s in the next week or two. Still not enough for the demand, but hopefully it means a lot more are coming up. I imagine with no new iPhones this year, production lines in China are pretty much split between PC parts, PS5, and xboxes.

At8N5qh.jpeg

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
could be fake but someone at amazon compiled a list of shipments they have scheduled for AIB 3080 cards and the dates, the numbers are pallets of cards and each pallet is like 30 cards. The EVGA twitter guy also mentioned a restock of thousands of 3080s in the next week or two. Still not enough for the demand, but hopefully it means a lot more are coming up. I imagine with no new iPhones this year, production lines in China are pretty much split between PC parts, PS5, and xboxes.

At8N5qh.jpeg
You should be able to fit a hell of a lot more than 30 cards onto a pallet.

Nola

Trakanon Raider

At8N5qh.jpeg
Thousands as in two thousand (which is nothing) or more like ten thousand cards?

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
What CPU are you guys looking to pair with a 3080? Or are you guys waiting for Ryzen 5000 series?

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
I'm not sure on some of his numbers, 3080 on 3950x down to 3600xt downclock to a 3600.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What CPU are you guys looking to pair with a 3080? Or are you guys waiting for Ryzen 5000 series?

I'm waiting on the 5000 series to see what they bring, but if it isn't a huge upgrade, I'll be going for a 3700x with the intent of buying a cheap(er) 12 core in a few years when they are older and AM4 is being phased out (possibly after the series).

dizzie

Triggered Happy

I read that you ideally need a 3600 or 8700k to avoid any real bottlenecks. Waiting myself, I'll do a build early in the new year when all this hypes died down.

• 1Solidarity

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I read that you ideally need a 3600 or 8700k to avoid any real bottlenecks. Waiting myself, I'll do a build early in the new year when all this hypes died down.
Tomshardware shows that i3-10100 is still pretty good at 4K.

• 1Like