NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm dubious about 20 GB VRAM cards right now. I don't see the need for that now or in the near future. What's the point of this exactly? by the time we actually need that kind of VRAM, the card itself will be way too slow itself.

I think anyone planning 4K gaming will want the extra VRAM just to be sure. I will wait also.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I see the 3090 FTW in stock on the evga site. Not the ultra elite member one.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
3090's were much easier to snag than 3080's - had a Zotac and an EVGA ready to checkout but chickened out at the last second because I'm not sure the market for these is going to be great - this was 10 full minutes after 8:00 this morning. 3080's were out within the snap of a finger at launch so not sure what that tells us.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
3090's were much easier to snag than 3080's - had a Zotac and an EVGA ready to checkout but chickened out at the last second because I'm not sure the market for these is going to be great - this was 10 full minutes after 8:00 this morning. 3080's were out within the snap of a finger at launch so not sure what that tells us.
What site?

worldx

Trakanon Raider
Finally got the EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA from evga.com, took about an hour and half. Had to register to be elite member and checkout took over 30 mins. Guess it's not in demand and the elite sign up is stopping bots from snatching it up. If i end up keeping it, will probably be my last GPU for a while. This started at 3am hawaii time as the cards were released 6am PST.

EDIT: Ok now it's sold out lol.

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
What site?
Zotac's own site, shit I checked again at 8:30 and they still had the 3090 Trinity in stock but the checkout seemed f'd up for some reason, probably traffic. EVGA was on their own site (the new captcha bullshit is annoying but seems to be working??).

I still want a god damned FTW3 3080!!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also, I've seen launches for every GPU since I was in college (20 years ago) and this is the most demand/hype/lowest stock etc I've ever seen - it also far surpasses anything I've seen with consoles as well. It's crazy how much demand there is right now vs how much stock is available. FOH is a tech/mmo website with a ton of people with disposable cash for stuff like this, and this thread is the slowest moving, by far, of any of the boards I'm on. Also, after 100 pages of this, we have what, 3/4 people on the entire site with the card? Crazy..

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
EVGA just posted on twitter at 9:50 that they were sold out of stock for the 3090 meaning they had stock available to some degree for an hour+. Interested to see what the Ebay situation is for the 3090.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Also, I've seen launches for every GPU since I was in college (20 years ago) and this is the most demand/hype/lowest stock etc I've ever seen - it also far surpasses anything I've seen with consoles as well. It's crazy how much demand there is right now vs how much stock is available. FOH is a tech/mmo website with a ton of people with disposable cash for stuff like this, and this thread is the slowest moving, by far, of any of the boards I'm on. Also, after 100 pages of this, we have what, 3/4 people on the entire site with the card? Crazy..
Eh I think it's comparable to the PS5 and XsX demand we're seeing now. The big difference being that there's a lot more supply of the consoles. A lot of this is due to the conditions we're living in the right now but I also think this is the logical conclusion of what happens when you sell limited quantities of high demand items via ecommerce.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I basically gave up trying to get a 3080 this year. My 980ti will run Cyberpunk somewhat and ill get a 3080 when I can.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Looks like i lucked out in not being able to pay 1500 for a card.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Ladro

Anomaly
I can't remember the last time I used something other than an Nvidia card, but this might be AMD's chance with how this launch has gone.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Finally got the EVGA 3090 FTW3 ULTRA from evga.com, took about an hour and half. Had to register to be elite member and checkout took over 30 mins. Guess it's not in demand and the elite sign up is stopping bots from snatching it up. If i end up keeping it, will probably be my last GPU for a while. This started at 3am hawaii time as the cards were released 6am PST.

EDIT: Ok now it's sold out lol.
Please tell me you do work on this card.. those things were like $1800-1900