NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Do 3080s exist?
Come over later and I'll whip one out.

In truth, it's working really well so far. Undervolted it a bit and eliminated all the coil whine and cut the power cons by a ton.

Still pretty anxious to see the AMD, but won't be upset to play CP2077 on this mother fucker

spronk

FPS noob

dizzie

Triggered Happy
One of the staff at overclockers.co.uk posted today that they won't be fulfilling the 3080 pre-orders for the popular brands until 2021. 3070 launch looks like it's also going to be a washout as they are expecting somewhere around 4-5% of the volume they ordered to be available the first couple of weeks. That's a few hundred cards or so.

AMD released some guidelines for their partners.

ds - Copy.png

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
One of the staff at overclockers.co.uk posted today that they won't be fulfilling the 3080 pre-orders for the popular brands until 2021. 3070 launch looks like it's also going to be a washout as they are expecting somewhere around 4-5% of the volume they ordered to be available the first couple of weeks. That's a few hundred cards or so.

AMD released some guidelines for their partners.

View attachment 311281
If my time wasn't so valuable and precious I'd look up the morons who were claiming they would "buy a 3080 at MSRP in October" and have a hearty laugh at their expense.

Maybe next October shitheads.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Don't worry y'all, the internet's premiere industry insider larper (IPIIL) says there are many thousands of cards coming soon.

• 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 1 user

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have a standard Gtx 1080 running on a Predator monitor (27" 1440p 165mhz) and I plan to upgrade completely when the dust settles (probably early 2021). I genuinely don't understand all the hysteria with these cards. The cards we have available now run shit more than adequately.

Last edited:
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I have a standard Gtx 1080 running on a Predator monitor (27" 1440p 165mhz) and I plan to upgrade completely when the dust settles (probably early 2021). I genuinely don't understand all the hysteria with these cards. The cards we have available now run shit more than adequately.
For me personally it’s just because I have an ancient 970 and don’t want to spend $500+ on a 1080 when the new cards are so much better or equal to performance per dollar. If I had a 1080 right now I wouldn’t give a shit about the new cards at all. I’d wait a year until the next gen and the current gen price drops a bit.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>

Igor is usually pretty reliable. I want to #believe. Come on AMD, drop a tactical nuke on these fuck nugget Nvidia faggots.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If a card can run AAA games at 1440p 144hz on ultra then I am satisfied.

But I stopped checking stock on these paperweights a few weeks ago. Holding out hope for team red

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Mongo969

Trakanon Raider
If you really want Nvidia the EVGA notify me is the way to go. Got this email yesterday. 8 hour window is not too shabby. FYI I did my notify on 9-24-20.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 24G-P5-3987-KR and this product was marked as being in stock on 10/19/2020 at 9:17 AM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 8 hours to complete your purchase from the time of receiving this email, if not complete within 8 hours of receiving this email, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

Direct Product Link: 24G-P5-3987-KR

Thank you, EVGA Sales Team

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
Got mine in from Best Buy last week (got lucky hanging around the site after the gigabyte vision was announced to stock). Did a full build to replace my 970/4790k and can finally game on my 3440×1440 I bought on sale a while back. They do exist!

RGB set to obnoxious!

poXMEoX.jpg

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got mine in from Best Buy last week (got lucky hanging around the site after the gigabyte vision was announced to stock). Did a full build to replace my 970/4790k and can finally game on my 3440×1440 I bought on sale a while back. They do exist!

RGB set to obnoxious!

poXMEoX.jpg
MC Hammer, a sheep, and a terminator head.

Excellent theme 👍

Fadaar

That guy
If you really want Nvidia the EVGA notify me is the way to go. Got this email yesterday. 8 hour window is not too shabby. FYI I did my notify on 9-24-20.

Dear Valued Customer,

This email is being sent in response to your request to be notified with availability updates for product 24G-P5-3987-KR and this product was marked as being in stock on 10/19/2020 at 9:17 AM PST.

Please use the unique URL to complete your purchase. Due to this being a limited supply product you have 8 hours to complete your purchase from the time of receiving this email, if not complete within 8 hours of receiving this email, the product will become unavailable and you will need to enter the notify queue again.

Please Note : You must be logged into the EVGA website and your profile email address MUST match the address that you used to sign up for notify.

well I put my name in 2 weeks after you did (Oct 6th) so hopefully I can snag mine in a few weeks

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>

Dear Valued Customer,

Nice I put mine in on 9/25 so hopefully soon for me.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm

That's how I got a 2080TI myself, but this release whenever they had any stock they never even let the emails go out. They would make stock available, then the site would slow to a crawl and while the first 100 people who saw it were already trying to check out with all 50 cards, Jake Freeman or whoever would go on social media and tell the world they have cards in stock. Their own public relations guy helped DDoS them. Everyone was pissed so they instituted a queue based on whoever signed up for their notifies. I'm a little perturbed because I didn't sign up until early Oct for a 3090 because for the 3080 their notify system was completely useless and I didn't think it would matter for a 3090. Now it's all that matters but if you sign up today you're not getting one until at least 2021 most likely. I should get an email for a 3080 pretty soon but I doubt i'll buy one, I need the extra VRAM and unfortunately Cuda too, so I'm definitely in the "I hope AMD destroys Nvidia" camp this gen but I likely won't get any AMD anyway.

So no, it's not a good way to go anymore, but it used to be before their retarded announcements of stock on already extremely popular item.