NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
For a non joking reply though, I always get anxiety and remorse after spending big money on stuff like that. I never do it unless I know I could, and it's something I legitimately want, but I always feel guilty about spending the money.
Yeah zero remorse because I know it’s future proof. After reading this thread and seeing what people paid for their scalped cards it’s probably cheaper how I did it considering everything else I’m getting put into the rig. I just did that sweet deal spronk spronk or Xexx Xexx linked.

Plus I needed to upgrade everything anyways.

Last edited:

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Now this guy is so fed up with not getting a new card, he just built a voodoo 5

My first 3D card. Diamond Monster Voodoo 2. Bought it for Unreal 1, Quake 2, and Everquest.

Tom's hardware review still up. Look at this bleeding edge tech. :eek:

• supports tri-linear filtering without a performance hit, resulting in even better image quality
  • supports edge anti-aliasing
  • supports bump-mapping (software only)
  • Voodoo2 will also only run in full screen mode
  • one Pixelfx2 has now got enough performance to render in 800x600 fast enough, so that it makes sense using 4 MB frame buffer, enabling resolutions of up to 800x600, however it will be up to the card manufacturer if 2 or 4 MB frame buffer will be used

7nKQWY7hKfdPuitHTCab9d-970-80.jpg

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah zero remorse because I know it’s future proof. After reading this thread and seeing what people paid for their scalped cards it’s probably cheaper how I did it considering everything else I’m getting put into the rig. I just did that sweet deal spronk spronk or Xexx Xexx linked.

Plus I needed to upgrade everything anyways.
Eh it's not really that cheap, but at least it's somewhat available. Like I was comparing the build and the same thing minus the fancy Alienware case(just a generic thermaltake case) I could buy for the same price with a whole watercooling setup(preinstalled) at some other shop. But have to "preorder" and who knows when they get the 30xx, while Dell apparently still had a few available. That's in Europe too where availability is probably even worse than in the US.

I've been wondering if I should though, my current PC is fine, but I'm tempted to switch. I think I'll wait a bit though, probably switch sometime in the summer so I have a fancy new PC to play a 8years old mmo. Maybe the production issues are somewhat less important by then. Not holding my breath though, shit fucking sucks. I want a PS5 too but I don't want to bother doing fancy shit and it's the same annoyance.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I've been wondering if I should though, my current PC is fine, but I'm tempted to switch. I think I'll wait a bit though, probably switch sometime in the summer so I have a fancy new PC to play a 8years old mmo. Maybe the production issues are somewhat less important by then. Not holding my breath though, shit fucking sucks. I want a PS5 too but I don't want to bother doing fancy shit and it's the same annoyance.
Yeah that’s the deal though. Maybe it gets better and 3080’s TI’s are available. I’m not waiting around until summer or 2022 to save $200.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who wants to bet there's tons of 11th gen intel parts available because nobody wants them?

• 1Worf

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah that’s the deal though. Maybe it gets better and 3080’s TI’s are available. I’m not waiting around until summer or 2022 to save $200.
Oh, I remember everyone saying the 3080TI was coming by the end of 2020!

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Biden signed an executive order which I am sure will help with the chip availability and graphics cards.

• 6Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This doesn't seem like a bad deal given current 3080 availability. I almost pulled the trigger last time Dell had a 3080 deal, but ended up driving 3 hours to get the one from microcenter.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

rad

Lord of Guk
Hell I was the one doing the “hmm should I” due to card shortage and she said “stfu and get it before price goes up!” like it was AMC stock or something.

She just wants to play POE and Diablo next to me on the older box.

They build a lot of room into their pricing for the discount game to be played. Get some of that money back, no shame in it.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
They build a lot of room into their pricing for the discount game to be played. Get some of that money back, no shame in it.
I was originally confused by what you meant because I was like yeah no way sending it back.

So your saying if I threaten to send it back they’ll knock a couple Hundred bucks off? Lol that’s bad ass and I’ll try it why not.

1614451096904.gif

Last edited:

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Yeah might as well, worst case they give you a return number and a ticket thing to print to return it but you can just ignore it at that point it's not like they actually care if you don't return it, and and best case they'd give you a discount, although I feel it'd be money to buy more stuff rather than an actual discount, I don't know, still can buy a spare HDD for storage or some other shit.

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
looks like this gen is pretty much done. There's no reasonable way any kind of availablity will be there this year. Time to wait for 40x0 and hope that the hashrate is nerfed to something stupid low like 10% from what it is now

• 1Worf

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
looks like this gen is pretty much done. There's no reasonable way any kind of availablity will be there this year. Time to wait for 40x0 and hope that the hashrate is nerfed to something stupid low like 10% from what it is now

So much fucking lost revenue. Insane.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Member when everyone raged and scoffed at the idea of buying $1000 GPUs when Nvidia launched the 2000 series?

Also its still the second best position to be in; selling every single thing you make.

Last edited: