NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I added some of these babies to my set up and it may have been overkill for my office. Like 1/3 max volume and you can hear it outside and on the other side of the house. Time to go down the rabbit hole of sound dampening foam.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
man now i feel like a retard giving my 1080ti to a friend for free
Same about my 1080. Gave it to a coworker's kid so he could play APEX on PC instead of his console. Ex-coworker too since I changed jobs like 2 weeks later.

Though I did save a child from a life of peasantry so there's that.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
RE Village system requirements now on Steam
  • MINIMUM:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-7500 / AMD Ryzen 3 1200
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti with 4GB VRAM / AMD Radeon RX 560 with 4GB VRAM
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance (when set to Prioritize Performance): 1080p/60fps. ・Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. ・NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT required to support ray tracing. System requirements subject to change during game development.

• RECOMMENDED:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • Processor: Intel Core i7 8700 / AMD Ryzen 5 3600
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX 5700
  • DirectX: Version 12
  • Additional Notes: Estimated performance: 1080p/60fps ・Framerate might drop in graphics-intensive scenes. ・NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 or AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT required to support ray tracing. System requirements subject to change during game development.
Capcom seems to be asking for more cores now that consoles have 8c/16t. Would have been stupid if they wanted a current gen card.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
Miners aren't the problem, you guys are.

To be fair, miners have been a constant for a while, they surged back again somewhat recently because Bitcoin prices went up a bunch again but the shortage was a real thing before that too. The higher demand is likely a large problem, how many ppl in this thread that were sitting on 1080s and 1070s and looking to upgrade to 30xx because it was such a large boost and at an "affordable" price too unlike the 20xx series? It's just kind of a nice shitstorm, with corona production delays, higher user demand, higher mining demand and large amounts of chips being bought for the new console gen at the same time. The fact there's shortages in other sectors than just GFX means it's obviously not just mining, I doubt miners are using cars or playstations to generate bitcoins.

• 1Like

Lenas

Trump's Staff
It's just kind of a nice shitstorm, with corona production delays, higher user demand, higher mining demand and large amounts of chips being bought for the new console gen at the same time. The fact there's shortages in other sectors than just GFX means it's obviously not just mining, I doubt miners are using cars or playstations to generate bitcoins.

Yes that's exactly the point of the video

Melicant

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've had my 3080 mining off and on for about a month now with a net of about $200. Mostly overnight with a pretty conservative clock. I just click a few buttons to start/stop and change afterburner profile. 1 year full warranty so I'm not overly concerned about issues in that time, and if it happens after I'll have made more than enough to cover any issues.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't wait for governments to start buttfucking Bitcoin. I give another 2-3 years.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I can't wait for governments to start buttfucking Bitcoin. I give another 2-3 years.
It’s like Kronos. They’re waiting for the boxers to be maxed out and account ban time.

• 1Worf
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Got a buyer that will buy my other video card for $400. That covers the rest of the cost of my 3080 and I will finally have it paid off. At least this gpu shortage was good for one thing.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So got notified the 3080 PC I ordered @ ibuypower had gathered parts and went to assembly. Odds of getting it sooner rather than later?

Kiki

Log Wizard
So got notified the 3080 PC I ordered @ ibuypower had gathered parts and went to assembly. Odds of getting it sooner rather than later?

it takes a few days for them to do burnin and stuff. Most the wait is over at least.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Dell pumped it out instantly once that happened. Probably sooner!

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Who cares about switch who buys that shit anyway?. AMD is in both PS5 and new Xbone and they seem to be doing fine. Well as fine as can be expected.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Who cares about switch who buys that shit anyway?. AMD is in both PS5 and new Xbone and they seem to be doing fine. Well as fine as can be expected.
Doing fine? They're not selling nearly as many consoles as they could, which means not selling as many games for those consoles as they could since that's where they actually make the money with the licensing, which is the same as losing money.