NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
CPU temp is issue. I throttled the fan to a lower RPM and it took about 15 secs to hit 90C . I will certainly get better cooling for it but this seems way drastic for the workload. An 11th gen i7 having issues with something as simple as OW

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff, I didn't change anything. I thought CPU was 2.50GHZ why do I keep showing Freq bouncing around and going much higher? Is this asus shit doing overclocking things? I"m plain jane I just want my CPU running stock, but BIOS=scary.

Capture.PNG

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Did you take off the heatsink and see how the thermal paste is applied if any? Possible that or the heatsink not being mounted properly is the problem.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Did you take off the heatsink and see how the thermal paste is applied if any? Possible that or the heatsink not being mounted properly is the problem.
pretty sure it's this turbo shit. I"m watching a youtube video and becoming an expert. Fucking stealing my pixels. Going to start clicking shit in the bios wish me luck.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I'm kind of dumb when it comes to this stuff, I didn't change anything. I thought CPU was 2.50GHZ why do I keep showing Freq bouncing around and going much higher? Is this asus shit doing overclocking things? I"m plain jane I just want my CPU running stock, but BIOS=scary.

View attachment 347617
Procs today do their own thing depending on load. Yours should hover anywhere from 800mhz all they way to like 4.9 or 5.0 Ghz. Not sure the top end but thats what turbo does.

I would invest $150 and get yourself an All in one watercooler setup. Or ask a buddy or some shop to do it for you. Depending on the air cooler they installed, it could be just a POS not doing anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
Fuck yeah I fixed it! Thank you internet Friends! I went into cpu power management and turned Turbo off, I left that Intel Turbo something or other on. Just the one that said just "turbo" and now it's 20C cooler and fan chilling at 700 RPM even in game. With no change in FPS.

It would probably be okay with a much better cooling system just bugs me that it's amping it up when there is zero need for it.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
But turbo should be on you fool, lol. This is just a temp fix by cutting off one of the wheels on a bike because its going too fast.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
It might something oem related from whoever the motherboard manufacturer is, not the intel turbo boost. Some of that shit is hilariously bad on how much power they put into the chip vs what it really needs and just generate too much heat.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
But turbo should be on you fool, lol. This is just a temp fix by cutting off one of the wheels on a bike because its going too fast.
If it's all-core turbo enhancement, it's out of Intel's spec. But tons of motherboard manufacturers make it the default despite it being out of spec.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Wasnt that from The Prophecy? Or some other horror movie from late 90s /eary 2000?

edit:

Never mind it was Red Dragon.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
An 11th gen i7 having issues with something as simple as OW

Welcome to present day Intel. 11th gen is actually no better and often a little worse than 10th in many cases.

As other have said, disabling turbo is a stopgap, as with turbo enabled is how the CPU is intended to run.

I would seriously consider moving the guts to a new case with better cooling. Often times a case with great airflow can be quieter than one designed for looks or noise dampening as it allows all the fans to run slower.

• 2Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 2 users