NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
You’re a bit of an idiot to even mention that, where have you been the past 8 months? Everyone in this thread knows I was selling gpus and quite content with it and not like I was the only one in the thread that did it. Fact remains a 3080 at msrp is a unicorn, also last I saw evga raised prices of all cards by $20 just today or yesterday. Bitcoin may be down a bit but Eth went back up along with the value of said cards. It will be a while before shit changes, just wait to see how bad and thirsty people get this holiday season.
That's your defense? No one said anything? And other people were doing it too?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Grim1

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, that's done, right? When's this shit all coming crashing down?

The excessive demand for chips isn't going away for a while. New fabs have to be built and that takes years. So with covid and increased demand, along with the shutdown of ports for a while, the backlog that has to be filled is not going away soon.

Covid definitely broke the camel's back, but it was coming anyways. Everything these days, even toasters, have chips. And some things like electric vehicles require a lot more chips than the old generation of cars.

If they get covid under control (assuming they want to) then we might see a return to normalcy sometime late next year, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
That's your defense? No one said anything? And other people were doing it too?
Are you retarded? What is there to defend? If anything I wish whoever linked Stellar in here linked it 3 months prior when the market was booming with higher “resell” value 😂😂😂😂. Fuck when I was doing it I was only charging +200 per card, nowadays that would be considered generous. I regret all those 3080 FEs I sold under $1000.

Tide27

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There wont be a " return to normal ". Just like the govt siezing power and never relinquishing, the economy has been disrupted in such a way that it will never come back down for the foreseeable future.

Hourly wages have doubled, housing has seen the largest short term increase in history, the govt handed out trillions of " free " money to big businesses and people to stop working, rent across the board is exploding.

I dont see any way to put the genie back in the bottle. Businesses that arent subsidezed by the govt to weather this storm are gonna get fucked.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
The excessive demand for chips isn't going away for a while. New fabs have to be built and that takes years. So with covid and increased demand, along with the shutdown of ports for a while, the backlog that has to be filled is not going away soon.

Covid definitely broke the camel's back, but it was coming anyways. Everything these days, even toasters, have chips. And some things like electric vehicles require a lot more chips than the old generation of cars.

If they get covid under control (assuming they want to) then we might see a return to normalcy sometime late next year, but I wouldn't bet on it.
I meant whatever's been built upon a whole ton of people not working. High prices are related, but definitely another matter.

Fartbox

Trakanon Raider
Similar story - we've got ~400 GPUs left to sell in an aircraft hangar we use for storage. All from a bot I built a while back for arbitrage + price monitoring. Didn't expect the shortage to last this long, so ramped everything up to capitalize on it a while back.

• 2Faggotry
  • 1Barf
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Man i remember when BestBuy would drop and i could get 5-6 cards a drop. Then the autobots rolled in and by the time your add to cart turns yellow all the cards are entirely gone. I am not sure what genius thought making cards be online only was the way to go, but i feel this would have worked out better just making them store only and limiting how often you could buy a card like how Microcenter does.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
This is shipping

and

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Prebuilts are fucking trash. They have garbage PSUs, terrible motherboards, and usually cheap ram. Plus, it's probably put together by Chong Chang Ching.

Build your own. The only thing that's tough to find are GPUs. They're available, you'll just have to pay out the ass for them. Problem is, technology is passing you by while you wait for a situation to get "better", when it's only going to get worse.

I thought I was a fucking retard for spending $800 on my 6700 XT. Now? I don't regret it for a second.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Yep its what many of us here did. Its not too late, lol. They are around. $1700-$2500. Depending on specs.
I'm sitting here with a new mobo psu, ram and cpu, with a fucking gtx 1650 from the closet. It's too late.:(

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm sitting here with a new mobo psu, ram and cpu, with a fucking gtx 1650 from the closet. It's too late.:(
Just enter the Newegg raffle and enter for the GPU only stuff. Only do the combo entries if you need a PSU, monitor, etc.

I scored myself, my dad, and a buddy GPUs using that method.

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Prebuilts are fucking trash. They have garbage PSUs, terrible motherboards, and usually cheap ram. Plus, it's probably put together by Chong Chang Ching.

Build your own. The only thing that's tough to find are GPUs. They're available, you'll just have to pay out the ass for them. Problem is, technology is passing you by while you wait for a situation to get "better", when it's only going to get worse.

I thought I was a fucking retard for spending $800 on my 6700 XT. Now? I don't regret it for a second.
Not all are trash. You will pay some for the good ones though. I used CLX and have had great service with them. CPU started to overheat and found that the liquid cooler was not working right. They paid for the shipping and even upgraded the liquid cooler for my trouble. Also, it is so nice to have technicians that speak clear English and know what they are talking about.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Just enter the Newegg raffle and enter for the GPU only stuff. Only do the combo entries if you need a PSU, monitor, etc.

I scored myself, my dad, and a buddy GPUs using that method.
Yeah I've been doing that with no luck. Can't believe I'm begging the gpu gods for a fucking $700 3060ti.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not all are trash. You will pay some for the good ones though. I used CLX and have had great service with them. CPU started to overheat and found that the liquid cooler was not working right. They paid for the shipping and even upgraded the liquid cooler for my trouble. Also, it is so nice to have technicians that speak clear English and know what they are talking about.
Oh, I agree. After the hassle that is USB controllers, wiring, RGB lighting, etc.? I'll just pay the premium the next time and go with one of the super high-end/reputable vendors. I realized after putting together my last system that it's probably the last self-build I'd ever do.

If I wasn't so obsessed with RGB, I'd do my own builds any day of the week. But with all the lighting, fans, AIOs, wiring, cable management, etc. now? Fuck that.