NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I really only need a 6800 XT for my TV-computer. I really don't want to buy an Alienware. Does any other vendor sell 6800 XT prebuilts that aren't dogshit?

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm eyeing a pre-built because it seems the best way to get a card without the gouge. Assuming you need the rig as well.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I got a notify for a EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 ULTRA the other day but at 1400 it was way too much.

Yeah I really didnt like paying that price but it was either continue to wait and wait and wait or pay some mutoid scalper.
Do you guys realize EVGA is one of the few vendors that haven't really gouged their shit? 3080ti's from MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS are all $1800+ basically.

Would have bought it and resold it for a couple hundred bucks or whatever, because even at that markup it's cheaper than other AIB's.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Do you guys realize EVGA is one of the few vendors that haven't really gouged their shit? 3080ti's from MSI, Gigabyte, and ASUS are all $1800+ basically.

Would have bought it and resold it for a couple hundred bucks or whatever, because even at that markup it's cheaper than other AIB's.
I asked everyone I knew IRL if they wanted it for MSRP and they said no.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I asked everyone I knew IRL if they wanted it for MSRP and they said no.
It's for sure expensive, but it's the "cheapest expensive" out there for that model at least. I don't think it's worth the price over the 3080. Paying way too much for not enough performance gain.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
ouch, 25% performance hit from virtualization security in Windows 11. Fortunately can turn it off, but otoh it is kinda nice to have it on for normal shit.

I've been running Win 11 since it was made available and apparently I have this turned on. Unclear how to turn it off, but I also don't feel like my game performance is any worse than when I was on Win 10...

• 1Barf
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I don't have cats or like cats.
1633357734855.jpeg

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Rais

Trakanon Raider
Just got a Gigabyte Aorus rtx 3090. I unboxed it and thought I had the wrong thing. This fucking thing is bigger than my cat and weighs like 30lbs give or take 20lbs.

I visited Newegg to track my other order and on the listed combos you could get was this and a mining motherboard for 2200. Thought it was an error but I decided to try it. Shows up the next day. That’s the only benefit of living in Los Angeles. You get everything from Amazon and Newegg the next day.

If you’re looking for cards keep an eye out outside their raffle.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user