NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Wow this 3080 ti is a massive card. It's nearly twice the size of my 2070 super. I almost didn't think it would fit.
I wasnt sure my mobo was going to be able to handle the weight of my 3090. So I inserted another post in the area to help hold it. The things are huge and heavy lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I almost didn't think it would fit.

Season 4 Episode 10 GIF by The Office

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Finally getting to PC GOW, glad it has that FidelityFX, shit chomps at 4k. 10GB vram and 12GB ram use.

spronk

FPS noob
if you want a 3050 try the newegg shuffle, i've entered 2 of the 3 or 4 days its been up and gotten a "win" every time. I didn't bother, since it looks like the card is worse than my 5 year old 1080ti (lol) but it was like $400, which seems kinda nuts for the performance

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
if you want a 3050 try the newegg shuffle, i've entered 2 of the 3 or 4 days its been up and gotten a "win" every time. I didn't bother, since it looks like the card is worse than my 5 year old 1080ti (lol) but it was like $400, which seems kinda nuts for the performance
Ya, I wouldnt buy a 3050 unless I was just desperate for a card and didnt have any other options. Especially at 400? But the 3050's Im seeing for the price vs performance, are all in the 200-250 range which I think is pretty fair if you're in that situation. Especially since you're getting the extra VRAM that hurt the 900 series for not having, more than anything. Though its still a power hog and its insane to me that it still demands that much.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I’ve entered every day and nada. I’m only going after the $250 ones though

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I wasn't sure if I would get a new PC when my current would die or finally become too old. 6 years old, I7-5820K and GTX980 since I do most of my gaming on consoles these days.

Well the day finally happened and my PC passed away, MB died on me.

So big decision to make, do I get a new PC or not. I finally decided to get a new one after all, while most of my gaming is on console I still play some stuff on the PC, and more importantly stuff that I play on PC is with friends.

Getting parts is hard and expensive. So I decided to go pre-build with an HP Omen with a 3070. Now the parts are good, but I had serious concerns about airflow since it has only 1 fan in front, 1 in back and 1 fan for CPU...not an AIO. The price was right though and it was available.

No surprised, airflow was total shit, CPU was running at 55°C on idle, and playing Black Desert Online was running at 75°C and peaking at up to 97°C. I wasn't happy with that.

So I got a new case, AIO and now CPU on idle is around 38°C, and Black Desert Online runs at around 48°C with peaks at 64°C. So the max temperature in new case was lower by 11°C than average in the Omen case.

Anyways, got a new PC. It's running great. Probably paid a bit more than I should have due to having switched case and getting an AIO, but under the circumstance it was worth it I think.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Omens are good at base price but airflow is shit - the new omens coming out that are the 45L fix this issue if i remember correctly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Omens are good at base price but airflow is shit - the new omens coming out that are the 45L fix this issue if i remember correctly.
Yeah they do have pretty awful airflow, I bought one a year or so ago in a frenzy and it was priced pretty well but the thermals were terrible so promptly sent it back. Otherwise, they are pretty good bang for the buck in terms of specs - fixing their thermals would make them pretty attractive as they look nice as well (better to my eye than other prebuilts - looking at you alienware).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Paste goes here, right? To smooth out the gaps between the pins?

1643766816013.png

• 2Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 2 users