NVidia GeForce RTX 30x0 cards

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Welcome to the 48" OLED club. 💪

I had the CX48 on release, but i went "down" to the AW OLED but the size change just bothered me to no end so i flipped it and went back to another 48 inch.

Everything just feels right again.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Kinda want a 48" above my G9 (have a 32" currently) but then wonder if I'd ever use the G9 again.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I have my 32" mounted on an arm to the side that I swing over when I need the extra tabs. Still comes in handy even with the big real estate.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Im torn on bigger screens like that for desks. Your peripheral vision is going to have to learn minimap placement and shit like that in games all over again. You also "should" splurge for a second bigger monitor just for the aesthetics of it, cause a small monitor stacked/tied to a big monitor looks ridiculous.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Im torn on bigger screens like that for desks. Your peripheral vision is going to have to learn minimap placement and shit like that in games all over again. You also "should" splurge for a second bigger monitor just for the aesthetics of it, cause a small monitor stacked/tied to a big monitor looks ridiculous.
I was thinking two small, slim-bezel monitors, stacked, off to one side of the main TV-sized monitor.

Not sure what the best sizes would be.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I was thinking two small, slim-bezel monitors, stacked, off to one side of the main TV-sized monitor.

Not sure what the best sizes would be.
Im just spit balling, but I personally would just be trying to match the height of the main monitor as close as I could. Ive never seen a setup like you're proposing though - just a slim vertical on both sides of the large horizontal. I'm sure you'll figure out what doesnt drive you up a wall everytime you sit down at your desk.

I'm extremely skeptical of the performance projections this guy believes the 40xx series will produce. It'd be fantastic, but I just don't see an ~80% performance increase happening in a single generation.
Teraflops ≠ which he stated in the video. I think he's overshooting his prediction as well, but damn dude.. at 450 watts, it better be fucking pushing something close to those numbers. The video card alone is going to be costing roughly 10 bucks a month in the average persons electric bill.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Eh, a 3080 is already 350-380, a 3090 is 375+. I doubt they're getting that big of a performance boost out of just 75 watts.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
prices dropping like rocks
Craziest GPU generation I can recall. I imagine there is a ton of Ampere inventory sitting around and the prices will keep tanking right up to 4090 release. I saw someone in a discord I'm in snag a 3090 for $750 already. Crazy

• 1Solidarity

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
They solved Mist Mist issue!

I bought one of these:

And then I put in a dedicated, isolated ground circuit for my PC shit.

Also, I never want to play games in the summer after working in that room all day anyway so it really doesn't matter lol.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
C1 came in and got it hooked up and loaded up COD: Warzone to test it out. Holy fucking screen tearing and flicker batman.

I'm finally getting the screen tearing worked out but the fucking FLICKER!

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
C1 came in and got it hooked up and loaded up COD: Warzone to test it out. Holy fucking screen tearing and flicker batman.

I'm finally getting the screen tearing worked out but the fucking FLICKER!
Oh no! Doesn't the C1 have VRR so should be fine?

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Oh no! Doesn't the C1 have VRR so should be fine?

The biggest issue with tearing was that the display wasn't set to 120hz. Once I got that fixed the tearing mostly fixed itself. Now it's just the flicker...

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The biggest issue with tearing was that the display wasn't set to 120hz. Once I got that fixed the tearing mostly fixed itself. Now it's just the flicker...
4k/120 is a lot of fucking data to push through a HDMI or Displayport cable. Make sure your HDMI cable or whatever has the bandwidth rating to handle it.

• 1Like