NVidia GeForce RTX 40x0 cards - x2 the power consumption, x2 the performance

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I think anyone that calls out Nividias bullshit has a poor relationship with them.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
And consumers keep buying, so they(either/or) don't really care.
Well they were like the only choice for a while if you wanted high end. Now that AMD stepping shit up, its time to go AMD. And even Intel is coming along although they have a ways to go, eventually they will get there.

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Maybe Nvidia found out that AMD's midrange card will beat the 4080 12GB or get very close.

• 2Like

spronk

FPS noob
the 12GB 4080s were also apparently benching under 3090 ti's which is not something you want to get out there for now, best to keep it clean and say the entire 40xx lineup is faster than the entire 30xx lineup.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
And even Intel is coming along although they have a ways to go, eventually they will get there.
1665788595173.jpeg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Good they saw people bitching about them being douchebags and pulled it.

• 1Like

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Intel did pretty bad, but again it was their first try. As consumers should hope they do good and be competitive. 3 good GPU makers are better then 2. We'll see how they do in a couple generations. Can't imagine the money and trial and error it takes to get going, or even come close to what the current two are making.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Intel did pretty bad, but again it was their first try. As consumers should hope they do good and be competitive. 3 good GPU makers are better then 2. We'll see how they do in a couple generations. Can't imagine the money and trial and error it takes to get going, or even come close to what the current two are making.
I give it a few years before Intel cancels the program.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I give it a few years before Intel cancels the program.

I don't think so. For their first foray into the graphics card business, I think they did OK. I think Intel of all companies will get it right sooner than later. Lets just hope they make the smart business decisions to keep the program aloat.

• 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I don't think so. For their first foray into the graphics card business, I think they did OK. I think Intel of all companies will get it right sooner than later. Lets just hope they make the smart business decisions to keep the program aloat.
I know this is probably full of copium and random plot holes - but I wouldnt have started the arc 750 at the price point they released. I would have made the margins razor thin (or a loss leader) and tried to get it down as close as I could to 150 bucks. I feel like it would completely reset the price of video cards in general - a lot more people would at least have a card thats as powerful as a 3060. By extension giving intel tons of new customers to their video line in order to perfect their software. Creating a point where customer and business alike will associate the intel name with a graphics card.

Intel releasing a card thats unproven and is missing software rich features that Nvidia has for only 40 bucks more in the 3060 just sounds dumb.

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Intel has a long history of giving up on product lines that they spent a lot of money developing. Optane is the most recent. Further, the largest problem with the Arc is the drivers. Intel has had shit video drivers for as long as they've been making graphics chips, so I don't expect them to change. If we go by history alone, the Arc line of products better be sleeping with both eyes open.

Fucker

Log Wizard
I know this is probably full of copium and random plot holes - but I wouldnt have started the arc 750 at the price point they released. I would have made the margins razor thin (or a loss leader) and tried to get it down as close as I could to 150 bucks. I feel like it would completely reset the price of video cards in general - a lot more people would at least have a card thats as powerful as a 3060. By extension giving intel tons of new customers to their video line in order to perfect their software. Creating a point where customer and business alike will associate the intel name with a graphics card.

Intel releasing a card thats unproven and is missing software rich features that Nvidia has for only 40 bucks more in the 3060 just sounds dumb.
Intel doesn't do thin margins. They will give their usual giant discounts to oems like Dell and HP, though.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
This isnt their first though. They created a big discrete card back in 2010 or 2011 that ended up being a massive failure;

The more you know. Looks like they did a better job this time around though. Don't get me wrong. It isn't great, but doesn't suck ass per reviewers.

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
nvidia is worth (stock market cap) twice as much as intel. Thats kinda nuts for anyone who was doing PC stuff in the 90s. How the mighty have fallen.

meanwhile microsoft is worth now $1.70 trillion, over 17x as much as intel, and Apple is sitting at $2.2t. They were all more or less equal for most of the 80s and 90s with Intel leading for the longest time.

• 1Like