NVidia GeForce RTX 40x0 cards - x2 the power consumption, x2 the performance

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
so did microcenter just take back your 3060ti, 3080 no problems? I assume unopened within christmas return window is why?
No problems at all. Both were opened; both were in my case, in fact. Both were also in the regular return window so Christmas didn't affect that. They checked to make sure the card was in there but it was just a quick visual. MC is great and I always buy there if they have what I want. They also will price match Newegg, Amazon (if seller is Amazon), and other legit stores.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
For >2 years everyone has been complaining that GPUs were always sold out.

Now they're complaining that they're not sold out fast enough.

Now everyone thinks that it's a failed launch if you can actually buy the thing that you want.

You're completely missing the point. The complaint is that price correction is being lazy, so it should hurry up already. Them being available is great. Them being listed over MSRP means that they're pricing themselves out.

Last edited:

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This is what Tuco Tuco and I were rooting for during the scalping days. The manufacturers should just use scalping prices so no one is scalping them anymore. Turns out that no one is buying them anymore now, they were too late to the game on price hikes.

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
This is what Tuco Tuco and I were rooting for during the scalping days. The manufacturers should just use scalping prices so no one is scalping them anymore. Turns out that no one is buying them anymore now, they were too late to the game on price hikes.
NVIDIA, AMD, Intel etc should normalize having their own bidding shopping websites for when price hikes come up again. If they build that system now and auction off batches of stuff at around MSRP they can take advantage of it in the future.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

Big corporate ships take too long to turn.

pokemon what GIF

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
NVIDIA, AMD, Intel etc should normalize having their own bidding shopping websites for when price hikes come up again. If they build that system now and auction off batches of stuff at around MSRP they can take advantage of it in the future.

A lot of companies reorganized their business model to be more direct-to-consumer or atleast more digital during COVID. These dudes haven't innovated in decades.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Well, they're both selling way more direct, first party cards now. AMD through their website, Nvidia through their exclusive partner BestBuy when they realized they couldn't build website that could handle the demand.

spronk

FPS noob

my buddy in arizona said his microcenter had 50+ 4070tis in stock when he dropped by today morning to buy the SN850X SSD

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't know what other 40x0 cards are like but these seem to overclock well. I've seen overclocks with +500 core clock and +200 memory clock without much thermal difference.

The micro center by me definitely had a ton of 4070 TI stock.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
AZ doesn’t have a Microcenter. I wish it did.

Nor does Vegas :( after our Frys went full retard (swapped out anything anyone cared about that would come to Frys for and in it's place became a de facto as-seen-on-TV store) and then folded.

Still kinda bitter.

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Had a 4080 FE in my Best Buy cart this morning but just didn’t want to bother with selling my 3080Ti.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Nor does Vegas :( after our Frys went full retard (swapped out anything anyone cared about that would come to Frys for and in it's place became a de facto as-seen-on-TV store) and then folded.

Still kinda bitter.
100% agree. Sometimes I would just walk around that store for my lunch hour and look at parts for build ideas.

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Very steady trickle of 4090s through Newegg today, some up for 10-15 minutes at a time.

Otto

Managed to grab a Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC through NewEgg. They seem to be coming in and out of stock a lot lately.

Have to retire my beloved Corsair Air 740 cube case because there is no room for the front fans with the card installed. This card is HUGE.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

meStevo

<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I grabbed the liquid cooled MSI. Miles Morales in 4k at 170fps is incredible, lol.

• 1Like

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Managed to grab a Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC through NewEgg. They seem to be coming in and out of stock a lot lately.

Have to retire my beloved Corsair Air 740 cube case because there is no room for the front fans with the card installed. This card is HUGE.
Yeah, I grabbed the liquid cooled MSI. Miles Morales in 4k at 170fps is incredible, lol.

You guys dropping $2k on a GPU?