NVidia GeForce RTX 40x0 cards - x2 the power consumption, x2 the performance

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
$1,700, I know not that far off. I couldn't resist Cyberpunk ultra settings with Ray Tracing at 90+ FPS.
I just bought a brand new PC with a 3080 for less than 1700 at Christmas. I was thinking about waiting, but once I saw the 40XX prices I knew it wasn't gonna be in my price range anytime soon.

• 1Galaxy Brain
Reactions: 1 user

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
Eh 4k was fine before the 4090, now it’s just easier. I sold my 4090 and went with a red devil LE to push my Xeneon Flex.

Where'd you find a red devil in stock?

-edit- Oh nm, I found one on Newegg O_O

Last edited:

spronk

FPS noob

mini doc about EVGAs final GPU days where they hand cranked some 4090s to max out performance, pretty neat. Pour one out for my evga 970

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That vendor in general is awful, virtually a scam without being a scam and an obvious pricing error they would never honor.

gak

<Gold Donor>
Rumor only but fun to look at:

1.jpg

2.jpg

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti aka Next-Gen Titan Pictured A Bit More: Quad-Slot Behemoth With The Largest Founders Edition Cooler To Date

NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 4090 Ti graphics card which is also known as the next-gen Titan has been pictured once again.

This time, we get to see the insanely huge quad-slot cooler that this card is expected to adopt.
While the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti (next-gen Titan) has been pictured a while back by the same leaker, it looks like MEGAsizeGPU has a few new pictures of the card which should give us a status update of the flagship Ada Lovelace-powered design.

Based on the new pictures, we get a glimpse of the exhaust grill which is so massive that it measures at least two slots wide. This huge opening has made NVIDIA move the I/O ports to the side in a vertical orientation compared to the standard horizontal orientation which we have seen on previous cards.

This is also the largest Founders Edition cooler design to date, measuring 4-slots tall and the I/O bracket clearly lists the card as the 699-1G137 SKU or PG137. This is the specific board SKU that was used by this particular graphics card. In previous images, we have seen that this card was also going to adopt a very unique heatsink layout with the PCB attached to the sides of the PCB rather than below the heatsink.

Now the thing about this card is that we can't say for sure if this is a prototype or an actual card that is meant for the retail launch. Previous rumors have indeed pointed out a flagship Ada spec that's going to be labeled as the GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or the next-gen Titan but currently, there are no such plans officially made by NVIDIA.

According to the Kopite7kimi, the next-generation NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or Titan graphics card based on the Ada Lovelace GPU architecture was going to feature the AD102-450-A1 GPU, rocking 142 SMs on 18,176 CUDA cores. The graphics card was said to be equipped with 48 GB of GDDR6X memory running across a 384-bit bus interface. The card should have broken past the 100 TFLOPs barrier even at stock clocks considering the RTX 4090 can already hit 2.8-2.9 GHz boost frequencies casually and the same would've been the case with the TITAN.

The card was said to utilize the higher-end 24 Gbps GDDR6X memory modules, delivering up to 1.152 TB/s of VRAM bandwidth to the GPU. That's a 14% increase in memory bandwidth compared to the existing RTX 4090 flagship which features 21 Gbps memory dies. As for power consumption, the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti / TITAN was going to be insanity with double the TDP of the RTX 3090 Ti, rated at up to 800W.

The leaker reported that the test board for this configuration featured dual 12VHPWR 16-pin connectors. Whether NVIDIA sticks to this plan or radically changes the design and specs of the card remains to be seen.

3.jpg

• 2Mother of God
  • 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Soon it will be GPUs with a slot to add a CPU on it. That will be your computer.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Rumor only but fun to look at:

View attachment 455841
View attachment 455844
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti aka Next-Gen Titan Pictured A Bit More: Quad-Slot Behemoth With The Largest Founders Edition Cooler To Date

NVIDIA's GeForce RTX 4090 Ti graphics card which is also known as the next-gen Titan has been pictured once again.

This time, we get to see the insanely huge quad-slot cooler that this card is expected to adopt.
While the NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti (next-gen Titan) has been pictured a while back by the same leaker, it looks like MEGAsizeGPU has a few new pictures of the card which should give us a status update of the flagship Ada Lovelace-powered design.

Based on the new pictures, we get a glimpse of the exhaust grill which is so massive that it measures at least two slots wide. This huge opening has made NVIDIA move the I/O ports to the side in a vertical orientation compared to the standard horizontal orientation which we have seen on previous cards.

This is also the largest Founders Edition cooler design to date, measuring 4-slots tall and the I/O bracket clearly lists the card as the 699-1G137 SKU or PG137. This is the specific board SKU that was used by this particular graphics card. In previous images, we have seen that this card was also going to adopt a very unique heatsink layout with the PCB attached to the sides of the PCB rather than below the heatsink.

Now the thing about this card is that we can't say for sure if this is a prototype or an actual card that is meant for the retail launch. Previous rumors have indeed pointed out a flagship Ada spec that's going to be labeled as the GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or the next-gen Titan but currently, there are no such plans officially made by NVIDIA.

According to the Kopite7kimi, the next-generation NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti or Titan graphics card based on the Ada Lovelace GPU architecture was going to feature the AD102-450-A1 GPU, rocking 142 SMs on 18,176 CUDA cores. The graphics card was said to be equipped with 48 GB of GDDR6X memory running across a 384-bit bus interface. The card should have broken past the 100 TFLOPs barrier even at stock clocks considering the RTX 4090 can already hit 2.8-2.9 GHz boost frequencies casually and the same would've been the case with the TITAN.

The card was said to utilize the higher-end 24 Gbps GDDR6X memory modules, delivering up to 1.152 TB/s of VRAM bandwidth to the GPU. That's a 14% increase in memory bandwidth compared to the existing RTX 4090 flagship which features 21 Gbps memory dies. As for power consumption, the new NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Ti / TITAN was going to be insanity with double the TDP of the RTX 3090 Ti, rated at up to 800W.

The leaker reported that the test board for this configuration featured dual 12VHPWR 16-pin connectors. Whether NVIDIA sticks to this plan or radically changes the design and specs of the card remains to be seen.

View attachment 455845
"Oh yeah, the electric bill went up $395 and I accidentally burned down the game room? Sorry honey, gotta get ULTRA+ graphics in Minecraft"

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
And the waterblock version of that card will be like the 4090 on the right.
1674968492325.png

Last edited:

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
Picked up one of the MSI water cooled 4090 and man I love this thing. Luckily I had a case that could fit both cpu and gpu radiators. Only thing is I feel like you can get a little more out of it but I haven't found a reason to overclock it since it's running everything at max settings at 4k. Inside of the case is nice and cool now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Picked up one of the MSI water cooled 4090 and man I love this thing. Luckily I had a case that could fit both cpu and gpu radiators. Only thing is I feel like you can get a little more out of it but I haven't found a reason to overclock it since it's running everything at max settings at 4k. Inside of the case is nice and cool now.
Should run EQ like a boss.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users