NVidia GeForce RTX 50x0 cards - 70% performance increase, but AI > you

Kajiimagi

<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
6,321
11,002
Windows Update is not going to break your PC any more than any other usage, from a hardware perspective. No warranties expressed or implied about your Windows 11 install, however; Microsoft is going to Microsoft from time to time and everyone's install is different but it's voodoo/Cargo Cultism to think that installing SOFTWARE is going to kill your RAM.

Also, it goes without saying, very sorry about your hardware issue as well.
i'm not worried about it 'breaking' my PC I'm worried about it turning on AI bullshit I removed and turned off yonks ago.
 

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
50,475
111,661
I've literally never had a Windows update brick a piece of my computer's hardware across multiple machines on each version of the software - and I've used every version of the software (except ME and Vista) since Win 95.
Windows update bricked a server 2016 virtual machine a few weeks ago.

Monthly reboot to apply updates and it got stuck at loading windows due to overlapping monthly updates. Thank god for working backups.