Obi-Wan Kenobi

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If there is no JEJ, this show is dead in the water. I like Ewan but not enough for some fucked up version of Vader.
He's a 90 year old man in dubious health who can't travel. All his scenes for Coming 2 America were filmed remotely. It would be sad if they choose not to tap him to reprise once more, but Matt Sloan and Scott Lawrence both have solid Vader voices.

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
Most of the Vader content last few years hasn't been voiced by James Earl Jones by the way. His last time voicing was in Rogue One and it was only a few lines, but video games he's voiced by various dudes, Jedi : Fallen Order it was some guy named Scott Lawrence and it was just fine (again, few lines).

Vader's VOICE isn't hard to replicate, it's the delivery and mannerisms that make or kill Vader.

You're not going to get James Earl Jones at his age long enough to voice a character for a multi-season series, even if not a character who appears often.

Xevy

Log Wizard
Good chance Kumail is a droid. He's got the sassy droid personality.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Same thought. He's a great Darkest Timeline Legolas in Homeland.

Wait what....

It seems that I have been under the impression that Pedro Pascal and Rupert Friend were the same person, for years. I liked him in Homeland, so I was happy to see him get a part in Game of Thrones and then get his own show in Mandalorian.

This is the second time this has happened this year. A couple months ago, I found out Kanye West and P-Diddy are also different people...

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Barellron

Trakanon Raider
Pedro Pascal, Rubert Friend, and Orlando Bloom may be different textures on the same mesh.
But Sean Combs and P-Diddy are definitely the same person.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Christensen may not ever be up for an acting award, but he really isn't as bad as the terrible writing and direction of the prequels made him seem.
If he were in the final three films they would have nominated him for an Oscar for outstanding performer as he stood out above everyone else.

• 1Like

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
I hope he's received well in this, I'd love to see another Jumper movie

• 2Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Christensen may not ever be up for an acting award, but he really isn't as bad as the terrible writing and direction of the prequels made him seem.
He got no direction from Lucas at all. EM has an interview where he basically shits all over Lucas and the making of the films.

• 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Thats right the prequels actors weren't given any notes, and according to George all that mattered is what's visually happening on the lens. He liked Hayden's eyes-- I guess he thought they were going to deliver his shitty lines.

Ewan just had to wing the whole thing, and that's why his performance has a strong improv vibe and SNL-esque energy to it. You can literally feel George Lucas flicking the camera on suddenly and Ewan having to almost do an audition for every scene since George was too busy eating.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
  • 1Edgelord
  • 1Salty

Fucker

Log Wizard
yeah, your career is so low that you have to reprise a role you despised. all according to plan!
He liked the idea of OWK, but hated Lucas' nonexistant direction. He has a giant pile of money and is dating this hag

otk28dy9swv61.jpg

• 1Picard
  • 1Salty

Fadaar

That guy
he was one of the very few good things in the prequels so hopefully with proper direction and writing he can enjoy himself this time

• 1Like