Obi-Wan Kenobi

Miguex

The lad himself
<Gold Donor>
speculation is that this could be the May 4th special event. The way the shows and their lengths seem to line up makes it possible. Boba Fett till end of January-ish, Andor Feb to end of April, Kenobi right after that possibly, although that would be back to back to back with almost no break. I believe Andor is 12 episodes.

Pogi.G

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kind of looking forward to this. Hopefully the writing is on par with The Mandolorian but with bringing back Hayden Christensen, I have serious doubts because no amount of excellent writing can make up for that.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
And people still think they aren't going to jam Mara Jade into Boba Fett this December.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob

Mando ends next week, then Moon Knight is in March through April so makes sense

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
And people still think they aren't going to jam Mara Jade into Boba Fett this December.

Currently the only way back from the EU graveyard is through Dave Filoni. Unfortunately Mara Jade simply doesn't have an advocate in Lucasfilm, not in the Hidalgo/Kennedy side and not on the Filoniverse side.

Filoni is expending all of his pull to bring his babies into the mainline live action canon, which now includes Thrawn from the EU, but if he hasn't already brought in Luke's love interest in the Filoniverse, it would be up to the KK side of the house to bring Mara in, and since they hate Luke and anything to do with Luke, we'll most likely never see Mara Jade in the canon ever.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Currently the only way back from the EU graveyard is through Dave Filoni. Unfortunately Mara Jade simply doesn't have an advocate in Lucasfilm, not in the Hidalgo/Kennedy side and not on the Filoniverse side.

Filoni is expending all of his pull to bring his babies into the mainline live action canon, which now includes Thrawn from the EU, but if he hasn't already brought in Luke's love interest in the Filoniverse, it would be up to the KK side of the house to bring Mara in, and since they hate Luke and anything to do with Luke, we'll most likely never see Mara Jade in the canon ever.

I was just about to post exactly this the other day. Filoni can't get Mara Jade past Lucasfilm on his own. It's too major of a decision for the IP.

But before I completely kill the rumor I need to see the Ahsoka series in full.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
The thing is Mara Jade would fill in a very large gap in the JJ Abrams rendition of Luke: how did he become so bitter and dissolute about the Jedi.

When we see Luke in Book of Boba Fett, he's neck-deep in the same Jedi orthodoxy that caused Anakin's fall and made Ahsoka quit the order. Even with his first student he's insisting in that emotional detachment that caused the rift within Anakin. But when we see Luke two decades later he's this bitter old man whose last act as a Jedi was almost killing a youngling, who just happened to be his nephew.

The most plausible cause for a character drift that dramatic is something every guy (especially his father) would understand: pussy.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>

But Mara Jade checks a diversity box. That's gotta count for something. If KK brings her back, it would probably be a black trans queer though, so I'm not really rooting for that.

I don't understand why she is somehow off limits? They've said all of the old EU is now legends. That means those people were possibly real, but the stories told about them were inaccurate. She doesn't have to be Luke's lover.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Caliane

why the fuck would anyone want Mara Jade? The Mara jade you like, would not fit in the current timeline/storyline. Any Mara jade that shows up, still has to end up with Luke being a crusty tittie milk drinking nephew killing sad sack. They would have to fundamentally alter HER and their storyline.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
But Mara Jade checks a diversity box. That's gotta count for something. If KK brings her back, it would probably be a black trans queer though, so I'm not really rooting for that.

I don't understand why she is somehow off limits? They've said all of the old EU is now legends. That means those people were possibly real, but the stories told about them were inaccurate. She doesn't have to be Luke's lover.

Not really off-limits more like there's nobody advocating for the character the same way Filoni/Favreau are advocating for all the clone wars/rebels characters and KK/Hidalgo are trying to keep their sequel trilogy characters relevant.

She's almost certainly gonna be a sister/inquisitor from Dathomir if they bring her into the canon. No Talon Karrde and no Imperial Hand in the Filoniverse but there's definitely a lot of roles she could fill that involve being a force-sensitive imperial agent of some sort.

And if she's Dathomiri, she would almost certainly be a diversity hire for sure. Even the second sister in Fallen Order was a diversity hire:

elizabeth-grullon-photo-1.jpg

• 1Like

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
why the fuck would anyone want Mara Jade? The Mara jade you like, would not fit in the current timeline/storyline. Any Mara jade that shows up, still has to end up with Luke being a crusty tittie milk drinking nephew killing sad sack. They would have to fundamentally alter HER and their storyline.

So you thought Mara Jade's only defining characteristic was who she fucked? That was the thing I liked least about her.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Not really off-limits more like there's nobody advocating for the character the same way Filoni/Favreau are advocating for all the clone wars/rebels characters and KK/Hidalgo are trying to keep their sequel trilogy characters relevant.

She's almost certainly gonna be a sister/inquisitor from Dathomir if they bring her into the canon. No Talon Karrde and no Imperial Hand in the Filoniverse but there's definitely a lot of roles she could fill that involve being a force-sensitive imperial agent of some sort.

And if she's Dathomiri, she would almost certainly be a diversity hire for sure. Even the second sister in Fallen Order was a diversity hire:

elizabeth-grullon-photo-1.jpg
I can get behind this if she's getting milked by Luke every episode.

• 1Like

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
I don't think anyone seriously expects Mara Jade being brought in from the cold. KK/hidalgo want nothing to do with Luke and the Filoniverse wants nothing to do with the sequel trilogy.

But I do think that if they bring Mara Jade in at all, it would be to answer how Luke became so bitter and disenchanted with the Jedi order to the point where he was that titty-sucking hermit we see in the movies.

That answer could be how Sith Inquisitor Mara Jade (again no Imperial Hand nor Talon Karrde organization in this timeline) found Skywalker, Luke almost kills the inquisitor but nurses her back to health. He turns her to the light side, gets to know her and they fall in love. Jedi emotional attachment plot bomb explodes and she somehow turns back or leaves or dies or whatever and to his credit Luke just mopes and goes bitter instead of going full-on sith lord. Until a few years later and he senses the sith influence in Ben and then he breaks for good.

Luke's estrangement from the Jedi is a huge gap that Lucasfilm could plumb over several properties. But it'll be so polarizing for the fans unless they execute it perfectly that I wouldn't be shocked if they just avoid it altogether. But if they try, the most likely way would be the same way that Anakin fell.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't want an explanation as to how Luke became what he was in the sequels.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Luke's estrangement from the Jedi is a huge gap that Lucasfilm could plumb over several properties. But it'll be so polarizing for the fans unless they execute it perfectly that I wouldn't be shocked if they just avoid it altogether. But if they try, the most likely way would be the same way that Anakin fell.

Worst case they can just put a blindfold on and hand it to Rodriguez. He'll hack something together.

• 1Worf

Hoss

<Gold Donor>
I don't want an explanation as to how Luke became what he was in the sequels.

Yes, this. The problem with what philsey is saying is that I'm still rooting for them retconning that shit. If they actually start trying to backfill and explain parts of it, I will lose hope.

phisey

Buzzfeed Editor
Like I said, they wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole precisely because it's so divisive that it would undo whatever goodwill they've earned back from the fans through Mando and Filoni/Favreau's work.

Both factions from Lucasfilm aren't particular eager to revisit the Skywalker saga. Favreau is intent in developing the Filoniverse and KK/Hidalgo were even considering creating another trilogy in a different galaxy altogether (until Rian shat the bed).

Cybsled

In terms of timeline, we’re almost 18 - 20 years prior to when Kylo kills all the students. That gives them a lot of wiggle room to play around in and sidestep the matter