Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fucker

Log Wizard
My thought was that they are trying to show that stuff as their way of saying Leia is force sensitive, and it's showing in her ability to intuit people's thoughts/intents?

I'm probably giving them entirely too much credit though.
It just comes off as corny and somewhat stupid. It might be more believable if she as a teen, but a little kid...nope. This whole womens empowerment is getting silly.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
At 9 years old Anakin was building pod racers, droids, and won a pod race. He was able to pick out Qui-Gon as a Jedi as well as being overall pretty streetwise. Now you have Leia, who is a tomboy and likes to run around and climb shit in the woods.. who is also being taught how to read people and being specifically trained to be a Senator. Alot of Jedi have natural abilities heightened by the Force. It could have looked better but we also have to give some credit to Leia's lineage as this is obviously still headed down the Skywalker line being potent Force wielders.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty hilarious reading a bunch of neckbeards' comments regarding a world full of literal space wizards and laser swords go, "NUH-UH!!!!!" when a 10 year old figures out Obi-Wan.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Mic Drop
Reactions: 6 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Just finished episode 1 and I thought it was bad. Leia was horrible and dont see how so many people enjoyed her, Ewan and Smits were the only good parts for me. shrug

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Every scene involving the Inquisitor lady is ruined by her awful acting, maybe in the next episodes she does it better so the execs were like "good enough" but right now it's so bad it's distracting. I didn't really care much about the Leia scenes since it's a Disney show anyway, I guess it's okay for their demographics to have a witty, prodigal child running around, interacting with busy adults and doing silly stuff. The woods chase is what you'd expect in a children movie.

What I cared about and I'm intrigued no one speaks about it is the mostly mediocre-to-bad CGI we're having in this show. A lot of scenes already looked way too fake for a big 2022 TV production, most of the backgound scenes have that "flat" feel, with a color filter that offers almost no perspective. It's not okay when you watch that on a big TV, it's also quite distracting especially when the color filter tries to blend CGI props with real props, like some alien faces.

About writing, it's exactly what I expected with sometimes good stuff mixed with cheesy dialogues, boring storylines, stupid scenes and ultra predictable outcomes. I'm only watching this because of McGregor, and to see what they'll do with Christensen. After two episodes my hopes are already quite low, but then again it's a prequel to "A New Hope", so let's have some.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

matsb84

Silver Knight of the Realm
End of episode 2 was somewhat promising - so far though, this has been underwhelming. The writing is pretty poor, but hoping that improves. The CGI isnt good, but i didnt necessarily mind it other than thinking to myself - this looks bad. The Leia/shoot out scene on the roof in ep2 was lame..reminded me of Austin Powers with the guy in front of the slow moving steam roller.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Screen Crush is guessing the little black jedi youngling at the very beginning of the first episode is that inquisitor chick and that when Order 66 came down, that she was part of the group that got captured in that scene with the clones killing the jedi woman. so possibility that she blames OB1 for not saving her and as a result spoilers spoilers spoilers at the end.

• 1Dislike

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
What I cared about and I'm intrigued no one speaks about it is the mostly mediocre-to-bad CGI we're having in this show. A lot of scenes already looked way too fake for a big 2022 TV production, most of the backgound scenes have that "flat" feel, with a color filter that offers almost no perspective. It's not okay when you watch that on a big TV, it's also quite distracting especially when the color filter tries to blend CGI props with real props, like some alien faces.

I watch a 1080p dl because the 2160p rip wasn't up yesterday morning. I thought that cgi was fine. I was also impressed with the atmos sound effects.

The thing I noticed about the production was the sets themselves, or rather the background extras - they all just seem to mill around in a way that doesn't seem very realistic, regardless of what planet they're on

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
At 9 years old Anakin was building pod racers, droids, and won a pod race. He was able to pick out Qui-Gon as a Jedi as well as being overall pretty streetwise. Now you have Leia, who is a tomboy and likes to run around and climb shit in the woods.. who is also being taught how to read people and being specifically trained to be a Senator. Alot of Jedi have natural abilities heightened by the Force. It could have looked better but we also have to give some credit to Leia's lineage as this is obviously still headed down the Skywalker line being potent Force wielders.
I like kid Leia and had no problem with her being incredibly smart and insightful (after all, in just a few more years she'll be actively aiding rebels and talking circles around Imperial officers on Lothal) but despite her abilities I have trouble believing an incredibly sheltered ten year old could conceive of that idea considering how valuable a hostage she is herself. I think it would have made more sense for her to come to the conclusion that he had actually murdered a Jedi and that was why she ran from him. Would have been an interesting inverse of Qui-Gon's first meeting with Anakin too, where Anakin insisted there was no way a Jedi could be killed and Leia believing there was no way a Jedi could still be alive.

• 1Like

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
Only had time to watch episode one, but is the entire series just going to be retcons to fill plot holes / current social issues:

Obi-Wan saving Leia: "Why is Obi just monitoring Luke between Sith and Hope? Girls are just as important as boys! Muh equality!"
Does Leia being adopted ever come up in the original trilogy? Is this just to justify how she could ever come to the conclusion she's a sister to Luke in ROTJ?
Inquisitors roll into town and assume everyone knows what Jedi are, despite 8 years later when Hope starts them being myths? Is that the retcon, that everyone alive during the prequels obviously knew about the Jedi, but just don't mention it for fear of being Inquisitized?

Otherwise third sister is underwhelming as commonly held, why do they even bother bait and switching that a show titled after a white male won't have them as the main character at this point, and super-intelligent Leia doesn't particularly track with the existing material, nor is the kid actress good enough for that dialogue.

P.S. Their treatments of droids are weird - "He's rude to droids!", but will then turn them off and rob them of consciousness to punish someone else. Bizarre.

Edit: I literally didn't recognize Han under the makeup.

Last edited:

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>
first time GIF

I honestly don't understand how half this forum makes it through life just utterly hating EVERYTHING about it.
This show's not good. Not terrible, but definitely not good. There, I hate everything about life.

• 1Worf

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hope starts them being myths? Is that the retcon, that everyone alive during the prequels obviously knew about the Jedi, but just don't mention it for fear of being Inquisitized?
The world building came after Lucas wrote Ep 4 which is why it is full of discontinuities like that one. Back then the Jedi were just some extinct group that had never been expounded on, not a galactically known para-military that had existed for thousands of years.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Inquisitors roll into town and assume everyone knows what Jedi are, despite 8 years later when Hope starts them being myths? Is that the retcon, that everyone alive during the prequels obviously knew about the Jedi, but just don't mention it for fear of being Inquisitized?

I guess you could point to USSR and how people went along with one small lie at a time thus allowing the regime to prosper

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The world building came after Lucas wrote Ep 4 which is why it is full of discontinuities like that one. Back then the Jedi were just some extinct group that had never been expounded on, not a galactically known para-military that had existed for thousands of years.
1000 generation Guardians of peace and justice disagrees

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Is it really any different from 'This was your father's lightsaber, he murdered dozens of young children with it'

zignor 4

Molten Core Raider
He knows Anakin lead the Jedi temple slaughter because he watched the security footage. Iirc he sees a hologram of Anakin kneeling but I don't think there's any audio

I don't remember if Yoda refers to him as Vader when he sends obi wan to kill him.

Regardless obi wan left him for dead, hence the surprise
I just watched a few minutes of RoTS, and it turns out my memory isn't total shit.

When Obi Wan watches the security footage, Palps calls him Lord Vader, and Yoda refers to him as Darth Vader a few seconds later.

So either Obi Wan is a complete moron (either for not making the connection or for completely shutting off all outside information for...no reason at all), or the Emperor kept Vader in seclusion for ten years.

Or it's all just bad writing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users