Obi-Wan Kenobi

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
It isn't a continuity error.
Yep, Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead. He had lost 3 limbs and was burned to fuck. Even Palpatine was amazed he was still alive, and said that his hate was the only reason he survived. He was then shuttled off to be Vader'd. At which point Obi-Wan had already split with Padme into hiding.

Honestly he should know who Kenobi is but this is also 10 years later and Kenobi looks like a hobo. Was there a lifespan of the order 66 control? Never really thought about that aspect of it. Like are clones still compelled to kill/report any Jedi they come across or do they all feel like absolute shit bags now? I know in Bad Batch the clones were still gung ho about their duty for the most part but some were already starting to waiver and that was set weeks/months after order 66 initially happened. That could be a really interesting angle to play with but don't know if this show would have room for it. Will probably be explored in Ahsoka's show.

I think it was just an Easter Egg at this point. It was just to show what had happened to the Clone Troopers since Order 66. They kinda got the Vietnam soldier treatment after the new Stormtroopers were brought in. I think more of that will be shown in Bad Batch. I assume Rex also got word out to more clones about the chip and more had them removed.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Honestly he should know who Kenobi is but this is also 10 years later and Kenobi looks like a hobo. Was there a lifespan of the order 66 control? Never really thought about that aspect of it. Like are clones still compelled to kill/report any Jedi they come across or do they all feel like absolute shit bags now? I know in Bad Batch the clones were still gung ho about their duty for the most part but some were already starting to waiver and that was set weeks/months after order 66 initially happened. That could be a really interesting angle to play with but don't know if this show would have room for it. Will probably be explored in Ahsoka's show.
They should make a spin off with these guys. Call it...The Journals of Jangos Fett.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Fadaar

That guy
Yep, Obi-Wan thought Anakin was dead. He had lost 3 limbs and was burned to fuck. Even Palpatine was amazed he was still alive, and said that his hate was the only reason he survived. He was then shuttled off to be Vader'd. At which point Obi-Wan had already split with Padme into hiding.

I think it was just an Easter Egg at this point. It was just to show what had happened to the Clone Troopers since Order 66. They kinda got the Vietnam soldier treatment after the new Stormtroopers were brought in. I think more of that will be shown in Bad Batch. I assume Rex also got word out to more clones about the chip and more had them removed.

There's a few episodes in Rebels that show Rex's old buds and they have an encounter with Imperials. I can't remember exactly what the stormtroopers said but it was something to the effect of "you guys did your time, please don't interfere" without being outright hostile like they usually would. Also the inhibitor chip played a pretty major role in Bad Batch season one, Wrecker in particular with Rex being the one to help them remove it. Crosshair also but he just straight up stayed on the Imperial side even after his chip was removed. A to-be-concluded story arc there. So yeah wouldn't be surprised if there's more of that kind of thing going on in season 2.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
My general opinion of the first 2 episodes is that it's not as aggressively shitty as Boba Fett was but it's not good.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i've come to the conclusion that these disney+ 6 episode shows are actually a huge hinderance to story telling. they are too short for the plot of a tv show and too long for the plot of a movie. if the writers try to think about it as a tv series, they have to cram too much story without the time to explain most of it and if they think of it as a movie, there's too much time so they have to add filler that doesn't really matter or go anywhere.

i remember someone who was a part of "sherlock" talk about the writing process. they only made 3 episodes per season, but each episode was an hour and a half. i think it might have been benedict cumberbatch, but they said they had to completely rethink the pacing and storytelling nature of it all based strictly on the episode and season size. i very much get the feeling that these disney+ shows, ESPECIALLY the star wars ones, aren't thinking about that. it's like they aren't even really thinking about the runtime of their episodes and just film the script until they get to whatever stopping point they are told. why else would you get an hour long episode 1, and then a 34 minute episode 2?

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Disney buys star wars for 7 trillion dollars.

Won't pay writers $9 per hour to save 7 trillion dollar investment.

Another SW fn garbage pos

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
i've come to the conclusion that these disney+ 6 episode shows are actually a huge hinderance to story telling. they are too short for the plot of a tv show and too long for the plot of a movie. if the writers try to think about it as a tv series, they have to cram too much story without the time to explain most of it and if they think of it as a movie, there's too much time so they have to add filler that doesn't really matter or go anywhere.

i remember someone who was a part of "sherlock" talk about the writing process. they only made 3 episodes per season, but each episode was an hour and a half. i think it might have been benedict cumberbatch, but they said they had to completely rethink the pacing and storytelling nature of it all based strictly on the episode and season size. i very much get the feeling that these disney+ shows, ESPECIALLY the star wars ones, aren't thinking about that. it's like they aren't even really thinking about the runtime of their episodes and just film the script until they get to whatever stopping point they are told. why else would you get an hour long episode 1, and then a 34 minute episode 2?
All these "writers" are thinking about is how many creatures, weapons and droids that can be turned into a toy they can cram into a single episode.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

the thing with Sherlock was that the show didnt air every year. those three episodes were the culmination of many months of planning for each one and they likely had people breathing down their neck to make them faster, but Mark Gattis told them to fuck off and the episodes will be done when they are done. the last season was the only one that felt like it was "rushed" and they still took a year to produce those 3 episodes.
15 episodes over the course of 7 years. 4 seasons. 5 or 6 months to produce each one.

these SW Disney+ shows dont have a Mark Gattis crafting a complex storyline with a big WTF moment by the end of each episode/season. they just exist to advertise the Star Wars brand. they are consumable entertainment and only s2 of Mandolorian we actually got some fire out of any of them. those two Mando episodes in Boba Fett, they unraveled the WTF from s2 ,so now its just existing again.
iu

and now fuck you, i have to go rewatch Sherlock again.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
People think some old, strung out Clone Wars war vet that has clearly been living the hobo life in a city riddled with crime and drugs is going to remember some dude their "clones" met 10+ years ago?

LOL like Gavinmad Gavinmad said, you guys went from assuming this would be bad to actively wanting it to be bad and trying to find excuses for why it is.

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Yes, everyone loves a white man lead. Look at the critical and audience acclaim for Morbius.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
So I just watched this, unlikely 95% of the other Star Wars garbage (still haven't watched ep8 or 9.)

This show is goofy, cartoony and a little dumb with the occasional moment of goodness when they just let Ewan McGregor actually try to act.

But most of the complaints in this thread are fucking stupid lol.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I just watched this, unlikely 95% of the other Star Wars garbage (still haven't watched ep8 or 9.)

This show is goofy, cartoony and a little dumb with the occasional moment of goodness when they just let Ewan McGregor actually try to act.

But most of the complaints in this thread are fucking stupid lol.
What are most complaints being stupid?

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
I am halfway through the first episode and I am really trying to be optimistic.

The scene at the Jedi temple was terrible, random, and unneeded. Wtf was with the parkinsons camera holder.

Too many humans on Tatooine.

The random Jedi finding Obiwan just acting like some cringe nobody. You would think a Jedi would be more reserved, not some frantic spastic retard.

But my biggest gripe: THE THIRD SISTER ACTING IS FUCKING TERRIBLE. WHY THE FUCK DID THEY CAST HER.

Is this Kathleen Kennedy or what? The Mandalorian and Boba Fett were great, how do you fuck this up so badly?

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Just finished episode 1 and I thought it was bad. Leia was horrible and dont see how so many people enjoyed her, Ewan and Smits were the only good parts for me. shrug
yea eps 1 is garbage, tv sitcoms have better child actors and do blacks just get actor roles cuz of affirmative action?

i'm talking full house for little white girls

and family matters for Kang nogs

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Finished Episode 2, yeah, the 3rd sister is uber gay and killed the only favorable villain (besides inquisitor Kung Lao).

I don't mind Leia, I get why she is the way she is. Adult Leia was kind of the same.

Ewan is a masterclass.

I hope the rest of the season isn't over-the-top 3rd sister fucking cringefest. How do they not see how bad that character is? I bet the woke Disney board stepped in and made thd call honestly.

THE WOKE MOVEMENT IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
ok eps2 is just as bad, they just had that nogress do pointless parkour for 10minutes

• 1Double Worf
  • 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
the thing with Sherlock was that the show didnt air every year. those three episodes were the culmination of many months of planning for each one and they likely had people breathing down their neck to make them faster, but Mark Gattis told them to fuck off and the episodes will be done when they are done. the last season was the only one that felt like it was "rushed" and they still took a year to produce those 3 episodes.
15 episodes over the course of 7 years. 4 seasons. 5 or 6 months to produce each one.

these SW Disney+ shows dont have a Mark Gattis crafting a complex storyline with a big WTF moment by the end of each episode/season. they just exist to advertise the Star Wars brand. they are consumable entertainment and only s2 of Mandolorian we actually got some fire out of any of them. those two Mando episodes in Boba Fett, they unraveled the WTF from s2 ,so now its just existing again.
iu

and now fuck you, i have to go rewatch Sherlock again.
That picture highlights the problem with Star Wars.

The first two Star Wars movies were made by adults and included things they wanted to see. 3rd movie, Lucas threw in Ewoks to sell toys to children and that when the whole IP lept off the tracks.

The Prequels were made exclusively to sell shit to kids.

The last three movies were made to sell shit to grown men who still play with action figures and legos and with plots and stories and characters that only appeal to grown men who argue about what color light sabers should be.

Little kids don't watch Star Wars anything unless their parents hold them hostage in front of the TV. Nor do little kids play with or want Star Wars toys.

Star Wars is retarded and silly exactly because they are catering to their core market.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Finished Episode 2, yeah, the 3rd sister is uber gay and killed the only favorable villain (besides inquisitor Kung Lao).

I don't mind Leia, I get why she is the way she is. Adult Leia was kind of the same.

Ewan is a masterclass.

I hope the rest of the season isn't over-the-top 3rd sister fucking cringefest. How do they not see how bad that character is? I bet the woke Disney board stepped in and made thd call honestly.

THE WOKE MOVEMENT IS DESTROYING EVERYTHING.
from the limited spoilers i read and i wont be a dick and spoil anything, but the "third sister" is a big part of the plot for this show
I am halfway through the first episode and I am really trying to be optimistic.

The scene at the Jedi temple was terrible, random, and unneeded. Wtf was with the parkinsons camera holder.
lol, the digital shaky cam made me LOL in real life and say out loud, "is Michael J Fox filming this?" i also said to myself if this shit is all digital shaky cam i was going to nope right out, but it seems they limited it to that one scene for no goddamned reason. i never even knew digital shaky cam was a thing
yea eps 1 is garbage, tv sitcoms have better child actors and do blacks just get actor roles cuz of affirmative action?

i'm talking full house for little white girls

and family matters for Kang nogs
maybe when they are a main character, but the little black hustler kid working with Kumar was pretty good. much better than that retard Revan/Reva.

Disney/Lucasfilm knows this show is not ready for prime time so they are already doing the "Star Wars fans are toxic and racist" thing to cover themselves before the backlash over this show hits the fan.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
from the limited spoilers i read and i wont be a dick and spoil anything, but the "third sister" is a big part of the plot for this show

lol, the digital shaky cam made me LOL in real life and say out loud, "is Michael J Fox filming this?" i also said to myself if this shit is all digital shaky cam i was going to nope right out, but it seems they limited it to that one scene for no goddamned reason. i never even knew digital shaky cam was a thing

maybe when they are a main character, but the little black hustler kid working with Kumar was pretty good. much better than that retard Revan/Reva.

Disney/Lucasfilm knows this show is not ready for prime time so they are already doing the "Star Wars fans are toxic and racist" thing to cover themselves before the backlash over this show hits the fan.
LOL. Racism is always their excuse. Whats her name from Star Trek and Guardians of the Galaxy got no hate. I wonder why!

• 1Like