Obi-Wan Kenobi

joz123

Potato del Grande
God this show is boring as shit. If Mando shows up by episode 3 or 4 then it might turn around.

• 2Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Expectations is also probably a big issue, I think this year I have been battered by Foundation, Wheel of Time, Moon Knight, Picard, and other absolute trash dumpster fire shows into thinking "hey if a show doesn't mention how ICE and cops are racist institutions that create a nazi future" - a literal speech and plotline of Picard - then we think its not too bad.

We watched Stranger Things season 4 this weekend too and its a night and day difference in cinematography, sets, directing, writing, dialogue, etc. I've almost forgotten what a good show is supposed to be like. Both are PG-14 shows too aimed at basically the same audiences, so its not like its comparing to premium adult drama which isn't fair.

On the other hand i don't really care that much about what happens to the chars in ST, its been too long since I last saw them, but I still really like most of the characters of Obi-Wan. But yeah, you can tell so many of the people involved are not masters of their craft, like a good director would have just cut all the stupid Leia chase stuff and just had an instant catch (changes absolutely nothing) but a newbie director/writer don't know mediocre from great.

Hopefully we get a Vader-focused episode, while its 100% member-berries shit I'll take that over baby Leia and Blinquisitor. I have a feeling Blinq is gonna get rehabilitated and spun off into their own show, but I wonder if the severe negative feedback to that character will change those plans.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
McGregor is great but he has nothing to work with.

Inquisitors are super hammy and the Jogger Inquisitor is a horrible actor. The Leia girl is annoying. The plot and action sequences are cartoonist.

McGregor deserved better than this schlock of a plot and these terrible co-stars

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Was funny to see Flea from RHCP though lol. Was like "wtf?".

Definitely anothet amateur hour production, similar to Ep 7-9.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
McGregor looks good and the guy playing Uncle Owen too, but otherwise this looks like it was written by fucking retards.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was ok, I do like that they portraying Obi-Wan as a broken man, this is how I always thought he should be after what happened to Anakin and the Jedi.

I still think that for the most part that Star Wars is suffering because of their inability to move past the Skywalker era and characters. This show for example, we know Leia will be fine, we know Obi-Wan will be fine, it takes away a lot of the tension. The writing might not be great but it’s tough to write something when you cant create any sort of sense of danger and are limited in character development because we know how the character is at the end.

I think that’s why the story will somewhat be more about Reva since she’s a new character, so they can play with her origin and have an attempt at a redemption arc which may or may not succeed…we don’t know because unlike Obi-Wan she’s not in future movies…

It´a probably why The Mandalorian works better than most, while it’s set in the Skywalker era, it’s a new character so not limited by any canon.

Doing Ashoka after the event of Rebels also leaves her pretty much open to anything which will give the show a lot of freedom and may help.

I’ll continue watching because I did enjoy even if it wasn’t as good as I wish, I always like Ewan as an actor.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought it was ok, I do like that they portraying Obi-Wan as a broken man, this is how I always thought he should be after what happened to Anakin and the Jedi.
Well in ~6 years he'll be back at the peak of his game.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
She's certainly not doing any worse of a job of portraying someone with dark side impulses as Hayden Christiansen did, but that's a pretty low bar.

The real problem with this Star Wars crap is that even before Disney got the franchise, they proved you can make a ton of money even when you put out COMPLETE FUCKING GARBAGE.
I just think the complaints about her being "over the top" are ridiculous. Almost every "Sith" force user is portrayed as completely over the fucking top in Star Wars. From video games, to books, to movies, TV shows, etc. They've almost universally been complete caricatures of "evil".

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
I think its reasonable to assume Ben doesn't know Vader = Anakin, as far as he knows Anakin actually died on Mustafar. Did Ben see a holovideo in the prequels of Palps calling Anakin Darth Vader? He saw him slaughter the younglings but dunno if he ever saw his new name.

The odder thing is Leia now has canon encountered Ben when she was 10 years old, so her plea in ANH to Obi-Wan, "You helped my father in the clone wars, we need your help again you're our only hope" really should be "Hey you saved my ass 8 years ago we need your help again". Minor nitpick with the only real answer being that this was written 50 years later, so I can let it slide.

It also doesn't really make much sense that now one Inquisitor knows that Leia is Obi-Wans "weak spot", why Vader/Emperor wouldn't eventually figure something out, use her more, etc. Hopefully that is not forgotten or overlooked since thats a new in show story beat they have to address.

yoda said it to OBI wan in ep3 … OBI says “I will not kill anakin” yoda says “the boy you trained gone he is , consumed by darth Vader”

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Why is most of this thread about race crap, man it’s just Star Wars… I wonder if there was uproar over lando way back when .

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it really is just silly that shows like this and star trek get so overly focused on "diversity" when every scene has at least one alien in it.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Definitely anothet amateur hour production, similar to Ep 7-9.

This is really how it all feels since Disney started making these TV shows. All these SW TV shows have cartoonish, paint-by-number plots. The characters are all 2 dimensional and have no depth. I'll give them credit for keeping up the level of SFX and set designs but the rest of it is just so... amateurish. There's just no better way to describe it.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Why is most of this thread about race crap, man it’s just Star Wars… I wonder if there was uproar over lando way back when .

Nobody cared about Lando, or Winston from Ghostbusters, or Ripley from Alien, or Vasquez from Aliens or the female medic or pilot.

The issue in the modern era is that it's so obviously a box ticking exercise, meaning the story comes second to the diversity checklist. And if that's the case then you need to ask "how else is diversity driving the narrative?" - do they need to make sure the black woman has to be a protagonist not an antagonist, has to be a "strong" black woman. All female identifying characters have to be "strong" so that girls have positive role models. Hey, let's throw in a gay character because why not!

Or - "we really like this script and we want to buy/produce it, but we don't like the fact you're a straight white man writing about african-americans - so we are gonna run the script through our diverse writers room and clean it up for you!"

• 1Like

Vanessa

Uncle Tanya
<Banned>
I heard there's a leaked ending out there... I have avoided any time of "areas" online that would be discussing this but I'm curious if this is it:

Reva is the little padawan (don't think this is too prescient) and she's a quisling; joining the inquisitors to get TO Vader as she knows it was him the whole time (like Agatha!) and her capture of ObiWan is how she will get an audience with him to do so. She dies protecting Obi-Wan and fighting Vader.

I know at least ONE of you has heard of this leak and knows. Is this what it is? T or F ??? (if F, I don't want to know details how I got it wrong! Just a simple F is great, thanks in advance!)

Please keep discussion of leaks in spoilers.
My own predictions of what I think will happen is now a leak when in reality the person who confirms or denies it should spoil THEIR results. Unreal.

You heard it folks... no more "I wonder if this will happen next" talk without spoiler tags.

Last edited:
  • 1Pathetic

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
I heard there's a leaked ending out there... I have avoided any time of "areas" online that would be discussing this but I'm curious if this is it:

Reva is the little padawan (don't think this is too prescient) and she's a quisling; joining the inquisitors to get TO Vader as she knows it was him the whole time (like Agatha!) and her capture of ObiWan is how she will get an audience with him to do so. She dies protecting Obi-Wan and fighting Vader.

I know at least ONE of you has heard of this leak and knows. Is this what it is? T or F ??? (if F, I don't want to know details how I got it wrong! Just a simple F is great, thanks in advance!)

Please keep discussion of leaks in spoilers.

• 1Pathetic

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Haven't loaded this up yet but if that is real... Clearly they aren't trying to catch her. Best they could come up with is have a little girl run away and her dads pretend they can't catch her? Is the rest of the show like this?