Obi-Wan Kenobi

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
so if you told your 10 year old child how to change a fuse in your car and gave them a flashlight and made sure they took out "the red one" how would that go?
babyyoda-electrocuted.gif

• 6Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you told your 9 year old to build a droid and a pod racer, how would that go?

This argument is fucking stupid even by the standards of this thread.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you told your 9 year old to build a droid and a pod racer, how would that go?

This argument is fucking stupid even by the standards of this thread.
one was an off the chart Jedi/Sith, the other was a non force user for her entire life. one was raised as a princess and a politician, the other was raised around tech and had an endless supply of spare parts to tinker with and fabricobble up a droid and a pod racer.. but ok

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
so if you told your 10 year old child how to change a fuse in your car and gave them a flashlight and made sure they took out "the red one" how would that go?
Fine? I would hope? I was definitely changing fuses in my stepdad's mid-1970s era Dodge at that age, he definitely wasn't crawling under the dash to do it. There were mostly yellow, orange and red ones, I can visualize it in my mind very well. It had to be 10 or younger because he didn't have that car after that. Around the same age, I could take apart a TRS-80 and identify all the different chips on the main board and where new ones had been soldered on.

By 14 I was building my first home-built computer, without any internet videos to help because they didn't exist yet. Just reading the manuals.

Leah is a smart kid but not an unrealistically smart kid.

Chris

Potato del Grande
one was an off the chart Jedi/Sith, the other was a non force user for her entire life. one was raised as a princess and a politician, the other was raised around tech and had an endless supply of spare parts to tinker with and fabricobble up a droid and a pod racer.. but ok
One was a slave with no education and the other had the best eduation money can buy.

One is the father of the other.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
they were BOTH non force users at the time of this comparison

besides... "look for a red cable, make sure it's plugged in" isn't exactly rocket science

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Fine? I would hope? I was definitely changing fuses in my stepdad's mid-1970s era Dodge at that age, he definitely wasn't crawling under the dash to do it. There were mostly yellow, orange and red ones, I can visualize it in my mind very well. It had to be 10 or younger because he didn't have that car after that. Around the same age, I could take apart a TRS-80 and identify all the different chips on the main board and where new ones had been soldered on.

By 14 I was building my first home-built computer, without any internet videos to help because they didn't exist yet. Just reading the manuals.

Leah is a smart kid but not an unrealistically smart kid.
so you were raised around cars and computers, totally not royalty and politicians?
One was a slave with no education and the other had the best eduation money can buy.

he had no formal education, you wouldnt learn about droid repair in space 3rd grade anyway. he did have a forced education by way of Wato's junkyard.
Gavin is right, this is a stupid argument. bunch of people think a smart kid can just do whatever having never done them before just because they are smart. even savants have a limited range of stuff they can do on their first try.

spronk

FPS noob
The real reason Leia is in the vents the entire episode is child labor laws, she is with the gang but they can't spend a lot of time with her on screen because kids can only act like 3 hours a day (why so many use twins aka Full House twins) so she is stuck in the vents mostly off screen the entire episode.

Thats it.

5q7xcr7ngm691.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Rushed through III-V while reading. Didnt care much for it so far. Why didn't DV walk through the fire? The hound is scared of fire, okay. But couldnt he just force it away or something. Lame. Oooh, lightsabers. Bzzzt, bzzzt. Viper mom suddenly, oookay. Run in the tunnel. Now blmInq wants to waste DV, alriiiight. Fun little escapade, should've wasted her. Oh, STs can't swim was fun. And jedi magnet was back, awesome, sadface no more magnet fun. Wanted more droid with hammer, could've been fun. Was okay in the tunnel I guess. Ahmahgawd can't wait for the conclusion to... what was the story again? Lazor gates you can't walk around? Okay, so, I'm uptodate with the story - what are we bashing now, leia sue?

• 2Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Rushed through III-V while reading. Didnt care much for it so far. Why didn't DV walk through the fire? The hound is scared of fire, okay. But couldnt he just force it away or something. Lame. Oooh, lightsabers. Bzzzt, bzzzt. Viper mom suddenly, oookay. Run in the tunnel. Now blmInq wants to waste DV, alriiiight. Fun little escapade, should've wasted her. Oh, STs can't swim was fun. And jedi magnet was back, awesome, sadface no more magnet fun. Wanted more droid with hammer, could've been fun. Was okay in the tunnel I guess. Ahmahgawd can't wait for the conclusion to... what was the story again? Lazor gates you can't walk around? Okay, so, I'm uptodate with the story - what are we bashing now, leia sue?
if that droid beat up some stormtroopers with that hammer, would have been fun as hell .

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
if that droid beat up some stormtroopers with that hammer, would have been fun as hell .
would have been awesome if the droid had Baskar armor so he was impervious to stormtrooper blaster fire which would at least make "some" sense why he was able to get away from them carrying singed OB1on that planet. and then later when Big Dog Vader comes down to the rebel base to get OB1 the big droid tries to stop Vader and Vader just cuts him in half. at least he would have had a cool poignant death.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also would have been cool if it wasn't so goddamn obvious that it was a dude in droid cosplay.

• 1Worf

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Dumb argument.

One had to learn those skills to survive and feed his mother. The other was bred to be a politician and presumably force fed philosophy, ethics, diplomacy.

Education isn’t some catch-all skill that covers everything. Hence the huge swathe of people with random degrees up to their eyes in debt and doing menial jobs.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
presumably
There is your problem. You are getting mad over your own presumption.

Education isn’t some catch-all skill that covers everything. Hence the huge swathe of people with random degrees up to their eyes in debt and doing menial jobs.
In our world.

This is a sci fi fantasy universe. She owns a droid so it's reasonable that either she made it herself in engineering class or it was bought for her and she learned how to maintain it from the manual.

I can imagine the conversation "no Leia you can't have a droid, who will maintain it?" like it's the same responsibility as feeding a dog.

Anyways Harry Potter can cast spells and they don't teach that in school in real life do they?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

In our world.

This is a sci fi fantasy universe. She owns a droid so it's reasonable that either she made it herself in engineering class or it was bought for her and she learned how to maintain it from the manual.

I can imagine the conversation "no Leia you can't have a droid, who will maintain it?" like it's the same responsibility as feeding a dog.

Anyways Harry Potter can cast spells and they don't teach that in school in real life do they?
he had to go to wizarding school for that, but the tradeoff is he only has a 4th grade education in the real world.

• 1Worf

Izo

Tranny Chaser

In our world.

Pretty sure they teach witchcraft in the uk.

• 1Double Worf

Chris

Potato del Grande
he had to go to wizarding school for that, but the tradeoff is he only has a 4th grade education in the real world.
There's a hilarious fan theory that Hermione is only good at magic because she had a 5th grade education and so can read textbooks, while the pure bloods never went to school and are borderline illiterate (and inbred).

Also applies to Harry and Voldemort although they would have had shitter education being abused/orphans.

• 1Like