Obi-Wan Kenobi

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
What's the source for this? Certainly nothing I've ever read and I've seen quite a few stories about what JJ Abrams has said was on each characters minds during the bridge scene in TFA. Why otherwise would Han go into a bridge to chat with rando NuVader?

It's a dig. But I want to clarify It doesn't mean scenes weren't shot with that in mind-- however, you have to remember it was all out of order with reshoots. It's quite possible that Kylo Ren was written as Han's son the entire time but they wanted to keep it a secret from the production.

There's a scene with Leia and Han where Carrie Fisher was never given an opportunity to react to Han mentioning their son. In the same vein as ESB, where George kept certain lines of dialogue out to maintain secrecy-- you could argue JJ was just doing the same thing to protect "plot secrets"

Here's the problem that the TFA footage will show: The scene was fully created in post, without any indication they intended to shoot the scene at all. Ex. a behind the head camera angle of Han Solo's head close-up with Carrie blurry and out of focus so he can deliver the post-production lines and they can be inserted into the scene. This is in the actual TFA movie.

What this means is Carrie Fisher was never given an opportunity to actually react to Han Solo mentioning Kylo Ren as their son in that scene. It was kept out, whether for "plot secrets" sake, or otherwise. If you know anything about acting, then you have heard "ACTING IS REACTING".

You can't react if there's no scene to react to.

JJ Abrams is a fucking hack. And I'll get that source up for you with the relevant TFA scenes later.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Am I the only one who really disliked the fact Hayden didn't bother trying to match JEJ's speech patterns?
Vader had a speech thingy, they sell them to single women who pretend to be men when somebody calls them so it sounds like a man is at their house and they arent alone with their cat children. it doesnt sound like James Earl Jones though, it sounds like they have throat cancer.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Vader had a speech thingy, they sell them to single women who pretend to be men when somebody calls them so it sounds like a man is at their house and they arent alone with their cat children. it doesnt sound like James Earl Jones though, it sounds like they have throat cancer.

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I had a thought about the budget on this, mainly with how much they splurged on the Alderan shit which was not used a whole lot. I wonder if a lot of that shit was WIP assets from either the Andor series or the currently turfed High Republic show KK is pimping? I wouldn't put it past her to build shit they barely needed just to justify moving forward with other projects as sunken costs.

spronk

FPS noob
high republic maybe, its filmed in the same location as Obi-Wan. Andor definitely not, Obi-Wan was filmed in LA while Andor is filmed in the UK entirely.

I believe though most of the Alderaan stuff was done with their StageCraft stuff pioneered with Mandalorian, which uses giant LED screen backgrounds filled with Unreal Engine 5 CGI that lets the actors "see" what the background is supposed to be while they film. The constraint is that it limits how much movement you can do, which is why so much action scenes looked goofy. Andor uses regular green screen giant stages with physical props.

A big chunk of budget just went to cast and crew, remember all these new streaming shows do ZERO royalties so all the money is given up front and Disney keeps it streaming 24x7 forever without ever paying another penny out. Netflix and HBO operate the same way now. I'd bet Ewan McGregor got $30m and Hayden probably in the $5m range.

spronk

FPS noob
mi3t1plmbc891.jpg

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
high republic maybe, its filmed in the same location as Obi-Wan. Andor definitely not, Obi-Wan was filmed in LA while Andor is filmed in the UK entirely.

I believe though most of the Alderaan stuff was done with their StageCraft stuff pioneered with Mandalorian, which uses giant LED screen backgrounds filled with Unreal Engine 5 CGI that lets the actors "see" what the background is supposed to be while they film. The constraint is that it limits how much movement you can do, which is why so much action scenes looked goofy. Andor uses regular green screen giant stages with physical props.

A big chunk of budget just went to cast and crew, remember all these new streaming shows do ZERO royalties so all the money is given up front and Disney keeps it streaming 24x7 forever without ever paying another penny out. Netflix and HBO operate the same way now. I'd bet Ewan McGregor got $30m and Hayden probably in the $5m range.

Vader got a few hundred and a sandwich

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
they were worried about Leia's tits in Star Wars, supposedly she taped them down, but they did a shit job cuz they were still flopping around. maybe if she wore a bra it wouldnt have been an issue.

She only taped her nipples so they wouldn't stick out.

Those jiggly tiddies were a seminal part of my childhood!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
they were worried about Leia's tits in Star Wars, supposedly she taped them down, but they did a shit job cuz they were still flopping around. maybe if she wore a bra it wouldnt have been an issue.
There is no underwear in space.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Oldbased

> Than U
So I breezed through this last night since Hulu gave me Disney+ for 2.99 a month for a year to go with my 12 months of Hulu .99 a month.
Technically I heard 100% of it all and watched 50% of it all, It made good background noise but that is about it for me. Don't really recall anything memorable.
Didn't pick up a lot of wokeness but since it never managed to capture my full attention, I probably missed what all the fuss was about.
4/10 It gets 4 cause pew pew pew and vader background noise.
Been 9 months since I had D+ so got lots of other shows to run through.