Obi-Wan Kenobi

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Guys. I'm on episode 6 now.

This is bad. Did they film this for 7 year olds? I can't understand how someone signs off on this...

Edit: Just finished this series. What was the point? It sucked. It was very childish. The story had promise, but no surprise. The only. solid scene was Anakin speaking through the broken helmet.

Just garbage. Disney should be set on fire with all the executives inside. Dune wasn't perfect but watch this comparatively, and it's x10 more mature, and more interesting. Rogue One is such an outlier, what a shame.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
i was really just referring to Yoda when we saw him. i dont think that was his prime, his prime was probably 400 years earlier. he could have wiped up the floor with Palps or Vader. who knows, maybe both at once. by the time he faces Dukuu, he had a little more zest in him and Yoda was forced to do a bunch of hopping around to keep up with him which probably tired the fuck out of him. it looks like Siddious is fucking with Yoda, he isnt taking him very seriously. you can see Yoda on the defense the entire time and after the fall he just has that "i'm getting too old for this shit" expression and scoots. Siddious was way too powerful for him or anyone else during that moment.
also, they really made Yoda look like shit in the prequels

also also, George tried to retcon the OT into kiddie films by adding dumb shit years later. it was always an "all audiences" film it was never for kids until he did the prequels and that was a crutch for him being a corny fucker. most of that wasnt kid oriented. just corny characters thrown in, like Jar Jar.
It was of course designed to sell toys in the end yep.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was of course designed to sell toys in the end yep.
nothing has changed
GUEST_63f8452d-d11c-4740-8136-2a9b9f70fa5f

• 2Barf
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Guys. I'm on episode 6 now.

This is bad. Did they film this for 7 year olds? I can't understand how someone signs off on this...

Edit: Just finished this series. What was the point? It sucked. It was very childish. The story had promise, but no surprise. The only. solid scene was Anakin speaking through the broken helmet.

Just garbage. Disney should be set on fire with all the executives inside. Dune wasn't perfect but watch this comparatively, and it's x10 more mature, and more interesting. Rogue One is such an outlier, what a shame.
I feel like a lot of you guys have never seen Star Wars before.

It's Hero's Journey in space with a bunch of wacky shit from George Lucas like the gay robots who are in every movie, guerilla warfare with teddy bears and comedy fish men.

It's a fable you turn your brain off for and enjoy the spectacle. If you want something intelligent you watch Star Trek.

• 3Like
  • 2EyeRoll
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 7 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider

It's Hero's Journey in space with a bunch of wacky shit from George Lucas like the gay robots who are in every movie, guerilla warfare with teddy bears and comedy fish men.

It's a fable you turn your brain off for and enjoy the spectacle. If you want something intelligent you watch Star Trek.
well said sir.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Also it's kind of funny how much they ripped off the Vader vs Ahsoka scene for the Vader vs Obi-Wan scene. Same helmet damage, similar dialogue (but delivered better in Rebels), and same voice synthesizer damage stuttering between Anakin voice and Vader voice.

If you want something intelligent you watch Star Trek.
uhhhhhh

Chris

Potato del Grande
Also it's kind of funny how much they ripped off the Vader vs Ahsoka scene for the Vader vs Obi-Wan scene. Same helmet damage, similar dialogue (but delivered better in Rebels), and same voice synthesizer damage stuttering between Anakin voice and Vader voice.

uhhhhhh
Yeah well with my Star Trek comment, not the movies, Picard or Discovery obviously.

Normal people don't watch those cartoons, so it's a good testing ground for what will be popular in live action.

I've also read that Ashoka and Obi-Wan break opposite sides of the mask, with only Luke being able to figuratively get rid of the entire mask. Sounds just fine to me.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>

Something like that.

You can make what you described, and make it a good piece of cinema - this is not that. If you enjoy these new movies from Disney, you have terrible taste. They've made Star Wars nothing special at all, never thought they could tank an IP this intriguing, this fast. It's objectively bad entertainment.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
the boys at corridor made their weekly fx react video, and Wren, i think pointed out that you can often forgive bad acting or bad special effects if the story is immersive enough and if the those things are in service to the story. in the original trilogy (less so with ROTJ, as per the whole ewoks thing) we can get passed all the plates we see around the tie fighters, the transparent cockpit in the snow speeders, the wooden acting from several main characters throughout... because they they are all in service to a great (albeit often simple) story.

when people say that star wars has ALWAYS had poor dialogue/acting/whatever, it's true, but it misses the fact that the story (and how it was edited) itself was good enough and engaging enough and cohesive enough that you forgive A LOT of those issues. that's what has been missing from the series (not including the cartoons) since the original trilogy. i give lucas credit for trying to make a different kind of set of movies with the prequal trilogy, but the story itself is a mess. we can't get engaged enough to ignore the issues, so we end up focusing on them. which is the EXACT same issue with disney's star wars. less so with mando, though i'd say there are still story beats that take too long to explore so it drags on in certain places...

obi-wan had some great moments, i think we all generally agree with that... it's just the rest of the 5 hours of the show hardly made any sense. it kind of feels like one of the driving forces of the storytellers was to purposely tangle up continuity to get people watching to see how they will (or IF they will) straighten it out at the end.

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Something like that.

You can make what you described, and make it a good piece of cinema - this is not that. If you enjoy these new movies from Disney, you have terrible taste. They've made Star Wars nothing special at all, never thought they could tank an IP this intriguing, this fast. It's objectively bad entertainment.
It’s all about marketing to new demographics. See action figures above lol

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Ep 3 commentary. McDiarmid may be referring to the way he plays possum after Windu beats him, but he definitely needs Anakin to save him from Mace.
Lucas has demonstrated time and again he does not understand his own work. I mean, Palps is fucking laughing the entire time he is laying down the ass beating on Yoda and was a trained deceiver. He never would have allowed himself to be there unguarded if he expected Mace to pose an actual threat. Han shot first anyone?

And let's not forget that Lucas is such a salty cunt that he dubbed Vader going "Nooooo" in that otherwise perfect scene from ROTJ linked above. All because the newly minted internet hate machine made primordial memes on YTMND about the end of EP3. To this day any time one of my friends talks about how the prequels were ok all I have to do is go "Nooooooo" and they lower their gaze in submission. Verhoven had the same lack of grasp of his own material with Robocop and Starship Troopers. Lucas may have wanted to portray it in those ways, but thats not how it came off in the movie.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

Where in this shitshow is the Hero's Journey? What was even the point of Reva in the last episode? When did the empire in general and Vader in particular start sparing people who attacked them? When did ISDs stop having Tie Fighter squadrons on them? There is a lot of suspension of disbelief with all sci-fi, but this shit was not even consistent with the established tropes of its own mythos.

• 1Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Lucas has demonstrated time and again he does not understand his own work. I mean, Palps is fucking laughing the entire time he is laying down the ass beating on Yoda and was a trained deceiver. He never would have allowed himself to be there unguarded if he expected Mace to pose an actual threat. Han shot first anyone?
Aside from that clear moment of fear when he realizes that Yoda is a more powerful force wielder than him?

Your version of Palpatine is a cringeworthy power-fantasy where in addition to being a peerless manipulator and politician, he's absolutely invincible as a force wielder.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
it's just silly that swtor, an mmo, did a much better palpatine with valkorian than basically anything else. palpatine in episode 9 was a poor man's valkorian, and even had the force lightning into the sky done SIGNIFICANTLY better in the game. i mean, even the plot of palpatine getting killed by rey specifically to be reborn into her was identical to the game, but the game had the balls to actually go through with it.

i'm still just baffled by how much the movie ripped off the game and how utterly it failed at it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Aside from that clear moment of fear when he realizes that Yoda is a more powerful force wielder than him?

Your version of Palpatine is a cringeworthy power-fantasy where in addition to being a peerless manipulator and politician, he's absolutely invincible as a force wielder.
except Palpy is completely insane and has absolutely no fucks to give and has no stakes he's worried about losing. that shit makes him incredibly dangerous on top of being immensely powerful in the Force. Yoda ran scared.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
except Palpy is completely insane and has absolutely no fucks to give and has no stakes he's worried about losing. that shit makes him incredibly dangerous on top of being immensely powerful in the Force. Yoda ran scared.
The stakes are literally CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE GALAXY. And Yoda didn't run scared, he simply lost. It's like when two fighters clash heads and only one guy gets a bad cut. Doesn't mean he was the worse fighter.