Obi-Wan Kenobi

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The stakes are literally CONTROL OF THE ENTIRE GALAXY. And Yoda didn't run scared, he simply lost. It's like when two fighters clash heads and only one guy gets a bad cut. Doesn't mean he was the worse fighter.
so what was he doing for 20 years? was he amassing an army of new jedi? was he working with the rebels? was he doing anything? because it looked like he was hiding in a swamp and pretending he wasnt Yoda when Luke showed up. Yoda was a beaten man, he was scared to get involved, he was also just too old to do anything. its just how that worked out. Palpy was a demon and nobody knew how to handle him. i still dont know how Vader was able to fucking kill him. BTW the Disney shitquels dont count in any of this.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
so what was he doing for 20 years? was he amassing an army of new jedi? was he working with the rebels? was he doing anything? because it looked like he was hiding in a swamp and pretending he wasnt Yoda when Luke showed up. Yoda was a beaten man, he was scared to get involved, he was also just too old to do anything. its just how that worked out. Palpy was a demon and nobody knew how to handle him. i still dont know how Vader was able to fucking kill him. BTW the Disney shitquels dont count in any of this.
Eating snakes waiting for Luke or leia

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Eating snakes waiting for Luke or leia
doubtful. he was waiting to die, which it turned out wasnt that far in the future. when Luke showed up he didnt want anything to do with him. its also funny in thet scene where GhostB-1 says "that boy is our last hope". Yoda has to remind him about Leia, "no, there is another". woops, sorry little girl i spent 2 weeks rescuing and who i helped rescue again a year ago..

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
nothing has changed
GUEST_63f8452d-d11c-4740-8136-2a9b9f70fa5f

dead characters don't sell

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I mean, it's almost like half the main plots weren't even really considered until they were writing the next movie. Listen, I love star wars but if we stop to point out all the times a character did or said a certain thing that doesn't make sense when looking at the series as a whole, well... We'd be right where we are right now I guess.

• 2Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
JJ Abrams didn't even have Kylo Ren as a son of Han Solo on film-- he had to go back with ADR and have Harrison Ford add in dialogue post-production to make him his son. A major plot point of the movie was never even shot during principal photography. Nor did any actors or actresses read it out.

Carrie Fisher wasn't even allowed to react/act in a scene where Harrison Ford mentions their son. They literally made that entire scene up in post.

This is the franchise you are talking about.

• 1Solidarity

Chris

Potato del Grande
Something like that.

You can make what you described, and make it a good piece of cinema - this is not that. If you enjoy these new movies from Disney, you have terrible taste. They've made Star Wars nothing special at all, never thought they could tank an IP this intriguing, this fast. It's objectively bad entertainment.
The core of all these complaints is The Last Jedi, it was so bad that people are getting angry about minor details on Vaded's suit in this show.

I haven't seen Rise of Skywalker, I totally agree about the sequel movies. This show isn't that.

Where in this shitshow is the Hero's Journey? What was even the point of Reva in the last episode? When did the empire in general and Vader in particular start sparing people who attacked them? When did ISDs stop having Tie Fighter squadrons on them? There is a lot of suspension of disbelief with all sci-fi, but this shit was not even consistent with the established tropes of its own mythos.
I was referencing Hero's Journey for how basic the original trilogy story is.

Reva is a pointless shitty character that makes the show be "good" not "great".

Why was Han Solo in carbonite and not just killed? Why didn't Vader force pull Luke out of the Cloud City pit? Why does anything happen in anything?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why was Han Solo in carbonite and not just killed? Why didn't Vader force pull Luke out of the Cloud City pit? Why does anything happen in anything?
Boba Fett: he's no good to me dead.
tumblr_nus82jU14k1sx2peuo2_500.gifv

Jabba wanted him ALIVE. he was very pleased that he was frozen in carbonite.
Vader has no ability to do that in the OT. its literally never happened. Disney bullshit has no relationship to OT stuff.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
doubtful. he was waiting to die, which it turned out wasnt that far in the future. when Luke showed up he didnt want anything to do with him. its also funny in thet scene where GhostB-1 says "that boy is our last hope". Yoda has to remind him about Leia, "no, there is another". woops, sorry little girl i spent 2 weeks rescuing and who i helped rescue again a year ago..
Lol.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
JJ Abrams didn't even have Kylo Ren as a son of Han Solo on film-- he had to go back with ADR and have Harrison Ford add in dialogue post-production to make him his son...

Carrie Fisher wasn't even allowed to react/act in a scene where Harrison Ford mentions their son. They literally made that entire scene up in post.

What's the source for this? Certainly nothing I've ever read and I've seen quite a few stories about what JJ Abrams has said was on each characters minds during the bridge scene in TFA. Why otherwise would Han go into a bridge to chat with rando NuVader?

Angerz

Trakanon Raider

If you're going to critique this scene because Obi-Wan should obviously know about Leia, that's been there since RotS when we know Obi-Wan orchestrated both of their hideaways, and Clone Wars/Rebels gave us a much better answer for who Yoda is referring to, in letting Obi-Wan know Ahsoka lived and is still out there.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
If you're going to critique this scene because Obi-Wan should obviously know about Leia, that's been there since RotS when we know Obi-Wan orchestrated both of their hideaways, and Clone Wars/Rebels gave us a much better answer for who Yoda is referring to, in letting Obi-Wan know Ahsoka lived and is still out there.
In the original draft of Episode 5, Vader was not his father and Luke trained with Anakin's force ghost on Dagobah. The 'Other' was Luke's unknown twin sister but it wasn't Leia. Lucas wanted some revisions to the script but ended up having to rewrite it himself when the original writer died, but obviously kept the 'Other' plot string.

The problem is that it still can't be Leia in the final version of ESB. Leaving aside the whole flirtatious relationship + kissing each other, Yoda says if Luke fails then all his friends will be killed, which includes Leia. When Yoda tells Obi-Wan "There is another" he cannot be referring to Leia because if Luke fails, Leia is lost too.

Then in RotJ Leia is retconned to be the sister, presumably because Lucas just wanted to tie that string off even though it creates a pretty big plothole when you think about it.

• 1Solidarity