FPS noob
rysz40l51z591.png

• 3Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
What a fucking stupid episode.

2) Vader doesn't know there is a second ship behind the 1st, yet after that debacle, "I knew all along - youngling" Yeah but you fail to know there is a second ship (Which was never there when they landed anyway and the top door sealed shut)
its a quick shot, but they do show the second ship as the first one arrives. the galaxy brain writers thought hoodwinking people is good storytelling.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
This show is complete ass. My dog’s red rocket could have painted a better script then this shit. Who the fuck approved this and who the fuck decided to waste Ewan and Jame Earl Jones on this abomination. What in the fucking fuck.

Star Wars is dead boys

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
During the 'flash back' blue vs blue saber battle, I initally thought they had really bad CGI in Hayden Christensen. Then I realized he's really 41 now.

And THAT was the only good part of this episode, or this series as a whole.

spronk

FPS noob
its in the RLM thread too but kinda surprising they are watching this show

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
I thought it was a pretty good episode overall, easily the best so far but that’s not saying much. Writing and acting aside, the biggest issue for me is the total lack of tension. We know Leia will be safe, we nothing will happen to Obi-wan. So many scenes don’t work because of that, seeing Vader land on the planet, you should fear for Obi-wan because you know he’s alive and well in episode 4. You see the 3rd sister try to get her revenge and we know she’ll fail because Vader is still alive in episode 4.

I so want them to move away from the main characters, the reason Mandalorian works for me is that he’s a blank slate, we know nothing of his past, nothing of his futur. The character that surrounds him are new, or not that fleshed out in that era so lots of room for surprise.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought it was a pretty good episode overall, easily the best so far but that’s not saying much. Writing and acting aside, the biggest issue for me is the total lack of tension. We know Leia will be safe, we nothing will happen to Obi-wan. So many scenes don’t work because of that, seeing Vader land on the planet, you should fear for Obi-wan because you know he’s alive and well in episode 4. You see the 3rd sister try to get her revenge and we know she’ll fail because Vader is still alive in episode 4.

I so want them to move away from the main characters, the reason Mandalorian works for me is that he’s a blank slate, we know nothing of his past, nothing of his futur. The character that surrounds him are new, or not that fleshed out in that era so lots of room for surprise.
probably why these heirloom shows are so bad. see we cant give you good star wars because of fans wanting old stuff and the old stuff is old so you must ask for new stuff! dont look at me, i was perfectly happy with the Star Wars brand fading away into nostalgia or at least base new movies on the books everyone seems to love. i didnt tell you to pay 4.5 billion for the IP. thats on you.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
probably why these heirloom shows are so bad. see we cant give you good star wars because of fans wanting old stuff and the old stuff is old so you must ask for new stuff! dont look at me, i was perfectly happy with the Star Wars brand fading away into nostalgia or at least base new movies on the books everyone seems to love. i didnt tell you to pay 4.5 billion for the IP. thats on you.
I saw Star Wars in theatre when I was 8 and it had an immense impact on me, it’s probably responsible for me becoming a geek, loving sci-fi, fantasy, comics. So I’d like more of it, its such a rich universe, there’s room for some exciting storytelling. That said, if shows like this is what the futur hold, then I’m fine if Star Wars fades into nostalgia too.

I don’t have hate forward Disney as some people have, but I wish they would sell the IP to someone else. I don’t think they know what to do with it at this point.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I saw Star Wars in theatre when I was 8 and it had an immense impact on me, it’s probably responsible for me becoming a geek, loving sci-fi, fantasy, comics. So I’d like more of it, its such a rich universe, there’s room for some exciting storytelling. That said, if shows like this is what the futur hold, then I’m fine if Star Wars fades into nostalgia too.

I don’t have hate forward Disney as some people have, but I wish they would sell the IP to someone else. I don’t think they know what to do with it at this point.
hey same with me, i was 6, and i was Darth Vader for Halloween in 77 78 and 79 . Star Wars was a lightning in a bottle event. much like Everquest, shit like that is not something you can just recreate by ticking boxes like a cake recipe. you can coast on nostalgia, but at some point you will wear out your welcome. they wasted so much time trying to push their star wars that they nearly spent all their nostalgia fuel on shit. any non "Skywalker Saga" content to come out of Disney in the future will have to be so good that it makes you forget your childhood. good luck with that. also, kids dont give one fuck about star wars. no kids would watch it unless parents make them and parents arent making them anymore.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Wait when the fuck did Ewan McGregor marry Mary Elizabeth WInstead...

Anyway, I agree with Rich and Mike. The fact that it's cheap and clumsy and cheesy with moments of super-okay-ness is what I like about this show. It's not trying to be over-the-top and amazing. It actually feels like it fits more with the OT by being kinda goofy and clumsy, and feels more legitimately Star Warsy.

• 1Picard

Fucker

Log Wizard
Wait when the fuck did Ewan McGregor marry Mary Elizabeth WInstead...

Anyway, I agree with Rich and Mike. The fact that it's cheap and clumsy and cheesy with moments of super-okay-ness is what I like about this show. It's not trying to be over-the-top and amazing. It actually feels like it fits more with the OT by being kinda goofy and clumsy, and feels more legitimately Star Warsy.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
dude's first time try at de-aging software
-Video Topic-
Just after watching the new Episode of Kenobi I thought to myself damn Hayden got old (I know he is trying to play a role that he played 20 years ago) I don't understand why Disney didn't just De-Age him since it would have been just a bit of Makeup and a bit of VFX Magic. Well, I tried my best at De- Ageing Ani and his Younglingslayer hope you guys like it!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser

Who could afford it, it's a gold printing operation

Plus Disney has invested too much into parks etc

Plus who could afford it and do a better job?

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Room full of 40+ adults, and the 9 year old kid is the one doing the technical work getting the door open. Their literal survival is at stake.

God this show is pure garbage. The entire thing is nonsensical contrived tripe to make a show about young Leia. The show's namesake is on Tatooine to watch over LUKE, but the entire show is about Leia.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
But we already know Lukes story, its time for HER story now you misogynist

• 2Like