Obi-Wan Kenobi

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
And Leia - 5 year old suddenly knows how to fix high end tech and knows her little toy had a tracking bug on it and took it off. Come on...
There are tons to nitpick but Leia and the droid isn't one of them. She removes a restraining bolt, which she even says is a restraining bolt, that was on the droid. Anyone in that era would know what that is. It's like complaining she took a collar off a dog. Also she wasn't being a tech whiz she was looking for a breaker to flip which she didn't find til the droid showed her what it did.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kalaar kururuc

Grumpy old man
My gripe with the escape scene was they were desperate to get away and in a big rush, but all stood about chatting until the door was open. Why the fuck were you not all on the ship waiting?

• 1Solidarity

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Started watching just now. Leia chase scene, mah gawd it's so bad. Please say it picks up?

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought it was a pretty good episode overall, easily the best so far but that’s not saying much. Writing and acting aside, the biggest issue for me is the total lack of tension. We know Leia will be safe, we nothing will happen to Obi-wan. So many scenes don’t work because of that, seeing Vader land on the planet, you should fear for Obi-wan because you know he’s alive and well in episode 4. You see the 3rd sister try to get her revenge and we know she’ll fail because Vader is still alive in episode 4.

I so want them to move away from the main characters, the reason Mandalorian works for me is that he’s a blank slate, we know nothing of his past, nothing of his futur. The character that surrounds him are new, or not that fleshed out in that era so lots of room for surprise.
That is always the problem with prequels, you already know the outcome. There are no stakes.

Fadaar

That guy
That is always the problem with prequels, you already know the outcome. There are no stakes.

That's why a show like The Mandalorian is more successful. It has a thirty year window to work with, new characters (for the most part), and generally a blank check for new storylines.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My god they could've made the latest episode so good. Yet they blundered it in every way. I couldn't believe anything could be a poorly written as TLJ in the SW universe but here we are.

joz123

Potato del Grande
Started watching just now. Leia chase scene, mah gawd it's so bad. Please say it picks up?
Season 4 No GIF by The Office

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
My gripe with the escape scene was they were desperate to get away and in a big rush, but all stood about chatting until the door was open. Why the fuck were you not all on the ship waiting?
I mean, I wouldn't want to be trapped on that ship if the Empire got in. Better chance to find cover/run. However, yeah. I'd have at least set up some barricades or something. It was just a lot of families just milling around.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I only watched three episodes but it gets worse.
Damn. Two episodes in now, leias small legs, 'I'm ten', ugh. Mrs. Izo fell asleep, so, last couple of episodes will have to wait. What's up with blacklivesmatterwhiteinquisitorbadsister being such a bad actor, ugh. I liked the jawa thief though. And the magnet jedi was sorta lol. Hope there's more of him.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
There are tons to nitpick but Leia and the droid isn't one of them. She removes a restraining bolt, which she even says is a restraining bolt, that was on the droid. Anyone in that era would know what that is. It's like complaining she took a collar off a dog. Also she wasn't being a tech whiz she was looking for a breaker to flip which she didn't find til the droid showed her what it did.
OB1: How do know so much about fuse breaker switches?
Baby Leia: Well, you have to know these things when you're a Princess, you know

• 1Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
OB1: How do know so much about fuse breaker switches?
Baby Leia: Well, you have to know these things when you're a Princess, you know
Fucking exactly. Jesus Christ.

Hey Harshaw Harshaw go give a five year old girl a pliers and tell her to find the fuse box. Lemme know what happens.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Fucking exactly. Jesus Christ.

Hey Harshaw Harshaw go give a five year old girl a pliers and tell her to find the fuse box. Lemme know what happens.
Dude... it's Star Wars. A 10 year old Leia could probably figure it out. I mean her 9 year old father built a droid and a pod racer.

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you guys are making an awful lot of noise about a scene that explained itself. leia didn't just automatically know what to do in the vent, though it looked like that at first. she has a conversation with haja where he's like, "what's taking so long?? he said to look for the red one!" and leia responds, "I know what he said!"

meaning, they used a line of dialogue instead of a whole scene to explain that while leia was climbing up the ladder and going into the vents, rokkon (or whatever his name is, ice cube's son) explained what to look for and how to fix it once she found it.

i'm not saying the setup is good or anything... star wars has a weird habit of making the areas of ships that need maintenance too small for the crew to actually fit in. maybe that's ACTUALLY what mouse droids are for...

Izo

Tranny Chaser
you guys are making an awful lot of noise about a scene that explained itself. leia didn't just automatically know what to do in the vent, though it looked like that at first. she has a conversation with haja where he's like, "what's taking so long?? he said to look for the red one!" and leia responds, "I know what he said!"

meaning, they used a line of dialogue instead of a whole scene to explain that while leia was climbing up the ladder and going into the vents, rokkon (or whatever his name is, ice cube's son) explained what to look for and how to fix it once she found it.

i'm not saying the setup is good or anything... star wars has a weird habit of making the areas of ships that need maintenance too small for the crew to actually fit in. maybe that's ACTUALLY what mouse droids are for...
Girls getting it done.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

so if you told your 10 year old child how to change a fuse in your car and gave them a flashlight and made sure they took out "the red one" how would that go?

• 1Double Worf