Obi-Wan Kenobi

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
The best part of this whole show was definitely when Vader just fucks with Reva who is completely powerless by comparison, because it reminds you of this:

Big Brother Reaction GIF by Laff

New Star Wars is so bad that it's barely even worth making fun of anymore.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
the world is racist and sexist for not wanting to fund Reva's inquisitor lightsaber cosplay accessory

only 1300 backers at $499 a pop, 5000 needed, only 9 days left! Buy 10 and resell them for $20 each in a decade!

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Obviously we need a Luke Skywalker White series. I'm sure there would be absolutely no issues there.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
The reason why writers can make these affirmative statements and have them be absolutely true is the Lucas Film story group-- which signs off on everything.

1656827390348.png

Luke for example was in TFA's early drafts, but through story group oversight he was slowly reduced each draft. Here's the kicker, the story group doesn't "tell" anyone what to do. It's more of a muppets "mmmmmm......" grumbling and handing the paper back to you. It's up to the writers to guess and fill in the blanks.

Reva was "his creation" by the guiding hand of the story group. The writers already know what they want to see. You'll never see a writer for Lucas Film say anyone told them to do anything for this reason. The way the story group approaches rewrites is by discerning facial expressions and grumbling. Not any specific instruction.

Vycron

Derives Perverse Pleasure
<Gold Donor>
OBI-WAN KENOBI MOVIE - THE PATTERSON CUT

A guy edited all 6 episodes down to a 2 1/2 hour movie. It's available to download on his website. I'm about halfway through so far. It's not too bad. Cuts out a lot of the bullshit, but he still had to work with what was there.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Return Of The Jedi is a mixed bag, the stuff between humans is incredible and the effects are fantastic, what lets it down is how fucking stupid the Ewoks are. to my knowledge NOBODY liked them in the movie. i was 11 going on 12, i was still the target audience for that kind of stuff. i even liked smurfs. the Eowks was so out of place and cringe that it knocks the film a few pegs where its just really good and not an outstanding finale of one of the greatest trilogies in cinematic history. all so George can sell some fucking merch.

also that they went with a Death Star 2.0 was lazy. couldnt you think of something else in 6 years, George?

If you wanna be pissed off, those were originally wookies. They decided to cut them in half for the cute factor.

Star Wars was not a Kids movie; the first time anyone said that was RotJ with the Ewoks. EVERYONE loved it. That was a huge point of contention around the prequels. There was a bunch of kiddie shit there that was never before in a Star Wars movie.

Lucas actually tried it in all of the movies. He thinks it's part of the formula. I'm not 100% sure what it was in EP4, I think it was the Jawas, but he was too subtle. In EP5, the cutesy thing for kids was supposed to be Yoda. So that obviously failed in a good way. He got in our faces with it in EP6 and the faggotry continued in the prequels.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If you wanna be pissed off, those were originally wookies. They decided to cut them in half for the cute factor.

Lucas actually tried it in all of the movies. He thinks it's part of the formula. I'm not 100% sure what it was in EP4, I think it was the Jawas, but he was too subtle. In EP5, the cutesy thing for kids was supposed to be Yoda. So that obviously failed in a good way. He got in our faces with it in EP6 and the faggotry continued in the prequels.
i thought the story behind Endor was that Wookies also inhabited the planet and they ate the Ewoks, dont ask me where i heard that. it was in the 80s, so not like there is a site i can reference. anyway, wherever i heard that the ewoks didnt seem too upset at the sight of Chewbacca. i dunno. either way, the Ewoks was a bad part of that movie for me. i just wanted Rebels v Empire stuff. i was 12 so i was still the target audience. nobody i knew my age wanted a fucking ewok.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
yes, initially the battle in RotJ was supposed to be a big space battle over endor with wookies but then lucas got it in his head that chewbacca was an outlier and wookies as a whole were generally primitive and not a space-faring race, similar to gungans. he then shrunk them down and made them ewoks because the rest of the movie was pretty adult and wanted something to sell to kids. maybe not something SPECIFICALLY to sell to kids, but licensing had started to take off and he understood at this point how much kids liked to play in his world so he wanted to offer them something just for them.

as much flak as he gets for monetizing his world, i don't think it was strictly about money, though i'm sure the temptation of it all was hard to ignore. he was a struggling director right up until star wars and it's clear the man just loves to make movies. he currently gets to make all kinds of movies that he never releases and just watches them in his private theatre.

spronk

FPS noob

lucas gives his reasoning in here

In the 1983 television documentary From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga, Lucas explained that an early draft of the first film (A New Hope) ended with an epic battle between the technologically savvy Empire and “a society of Wookiees.” At the time, the writer-director envisioned these Wookiees as primitive forest-dwellers who also somehow knew how to fly spaceships. When the scope of the battle proved too large for his first film, Lucas scrapped the forest planet and wrote a role for a single Wookiee character: Chewbacca, Han Solo’s co-pilot. But when it came time to conclude his original trilogy, Lucas returned to the idea — this time, with a much bigger budget.

“When I came to the third film and I could actually do the battle, I couldn’t use Wookiees because I’d established Chewbacca as being a relatively sophisticated creature…. He’s not the primitive that he was in the first screenplay,” Lucas explained in the documentary.

So Lucas came up with a new creature with completely opposite physical characteristics. “Instead of making them incredibly tall the way Wookiees are, I’d make them incredibly short… and give them short fur instead of long fur,” said Lucas. Simple as that. Even the name “Ewok” invokes the idea of a reverse Wookiee.

Also some BTS stuff of how its easier to find actors/stunt people who are 4' than 7', the suit costumes for wookies being unwieldy and expensive, and of course the toy angle as said above. Although its funny he did use the planet of Wookies for the Star Wars holiday special, there's a ton of BTS stuff there on the outline George gave and how the crew behind that disaster ran with it (variety show like Laugh In, musical numbers, Carrie Fischer being high on coke the whole time).

Also a new TV docu on vice called Icons Unearthed Star Wars interviewing Marcia Lucas, George, and others about the troubles behind making Star wars, haven't watched yet I think only 2 episodes have dropped

• 3Like

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist

lucas gives his reasoning in here

In the 1983 television documentary From Star Wars to Jedi: The Making of a Saga, Lucas explained that an early draft of the first film (A New Hope) ended with an epic battle between the technologically savvy Empire and “a society of Wookiees.” At the time, the writer-director envisioned these Wookiees as primitive forest-dwellers who also somehow knew how to fly spaceships. When the scope of the battle proved too large for his first film, Lucas scrapped the forest planet and wrote a role for a single Wookiee character: Chewbacca, Han Solo’s co-pilot. But when it came time to conclude his original trilogy, Lucas returned to the idea — this time, with a much bigger budget.

“When I came to the third film and I could actually do the battle, I couldn’t use Wookiees because I’d established Chewbacca as being a relatively sophisticated creature…. He’s not the primitive that he was in the first screenplay,” Lucas explained in the documentary.

So Lucas came up with a new creature with completely opposite physical characteristics. “Instead of making them incredibly tall the way Wookiees are, I’d make them incredibly short… and give them short fur instead of long fur,” said Lucas. Simple as that. Even the name “Ewok” invokes the idea of a reverse Wookiee.

Also some BTS stuff of how its easier to find actors/stunt people who are 4' than 7', the suit costumes for wookies being unwieldy and expensive, and of course the toy angle as said above. Although its funny he did use the planet of Wookies for the Star Wars holiday special, there's a ton of BTS stuff there on the outline George gave and how the crew behind that disaster ran with it (variety show like Laugh In, musical numbers, Carrie Fischer being high on coke the whole time).

Also a new TV docu on vice called Icons Unearthed Star Wars interviewing Marcia Lucas, George, and others about the troubles behind making Star wars, haven't watched yet I think only 2 episodes have dropped
Man, a bunch of wookies rampaging on Endor, would have made RotJ the best film ever made.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like