Oblivion - Tom Cruise goes WALL-E

Ryanz

<Banned>
Movie looks fucking awesome and Tom Cruise is an amazing actor. Get off your scientology soap boxes.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Cruise hate. He puts out good to great movies on a consistent basis. He is also an underrated actor. We need more actors like him. And he could worship by swimming in a pool of goats blood, doesn't have anything to do with the movie I'm watching.
This. Its not like Collateral had a surprise Scientology endning or something.

Ko Dokomo_sl

shitlord
I like Tom Cruise, but nearly everything he does is big budget action movie. And I have a hard time believing that a guy who is 5'2" is an action hero.

Xeldar

Silver Squire
He may worship a different God than I, but he does his own stunts and god damn can he Hollywood-run.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he was great in collateral, better than his mi(insert number) movies, would like to hear the opinion of some trained person after watching this video of cruise in collateral.

sure he didn't seem to fit as the last samurai, but his japanese sounded good and he moved very nice, i'm someone whose watched 20 years of anime and 30 years of hk films, he did really well as a white guy in an asian "themed" "centric" film.

i mean why the hate? so what he belives in b2 bomber monsters or whatever, half of hollywood thanks some god or spagetti monster when they receive an oscar or AA, i mean it's as silly as the hate mel gibson got when his wife leaked that msg. Sure he sounded like a horrible racist guy, but braveheart! but then ppl welcome roman polanski and give him awards for drugging and raping a 13year old, that he openly admits to and is sorry.

don't hate the actor's "life choices", if they do good on screen, so what, if they continuously suck and suck and suck, like say gerard butler, from 300 to... EVERYTHING ELSE and all inclusive rom coms, then you should hate them.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
ah time for the Tom Cruise debate again

I like him, I also understand why people hate him, he's very easy to hate. His filmography is really A+ though and up until the last few years if he was in it, it was almost worth seeing. Even going back over the last ten years the only terrible films appear to be Knight & Day and Rock of Ages (which I didn't see). He's a very good actor when he needs to be though, I think the big complaint should be that he takes too many roles that don't demand a lot out of his acting chops because he's normally some over confident cool guy, but they're definitely there when he needs 'em (see: magnolia, vanilla sky, 4th of july, etc)
100% agree. I think his movies are almost always pretty damn good. For what it's worth, I didn't think Knight & Day was that bad. It could have been terrible (ie, the Ashton Kutcher and the no charisma bitch from Grey's Anatomy). The Last Samurai was fantastic. It's tom fucking cruise man!
smile.png

smile.png

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
When I saw the trailer for Last Samurai I laughed because Tom Cruise as a Samurai sounded so ridiculous. After I saw the movie it is now one of my favorites. It's such a great movie.

Fyro

Golden Squire
Yeah, I could do without Eyes wide Shut, Vanilla Sky, Knight and Day and Last Samuri. Yet even in these movies he did a solid job and it wasn't his acting that was the problem for me.
What in god's name is wrong with you boy? Vanilla Sky is great.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Looks like they are keeping a pretty tight lid on the actual story. If anyone comes across a full storyline spoiler, share that shit
biggrin.png