Office and gaming chairs

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Brahma Brahma This whole time I thought you were getting the HM Aeron, hence my warnings about the scoop seat. That chair is a very similar style of the Gesture.

How is the lumbar support?

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Brahma Brahma This whole time I thought you were getting the HM Aeron, hence my warnings about the scoop seat. That chair is a very similar style of the Gesture.

How is the lumbar support?

It's OK for me, at best. I wish it was a bit higher since I am 6'3". This is gay as fuck, but I need to aim my ass toward chairs back rather the seat to get the lumbar to place right in my back.

The chair is MUCH smaller than I anticipated, but once you sit, the chair is the perfect fit as far as height, arm width, and seat length/width.

I'm 50/50 on whether to keep it. 1600 bucks is a lot for a chair you are not 100% happy with. 1800 if you want to include the headrest. Just need to game for a few hours before I make a decision.

The build quality everyone raves about is OK to me. I really feel like my old chair was built more sturdy.

Overall 8/10.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Things I am unhappy with on the Aeron:

1. The arm rests are not very secure. It's easy to move them forward/back unintentionally just by using them as leverage to stand up or to reposition the chair.
  2. If you cross your legs then its not very comfortable. I know these chairs aren't designed with that seating position in mind but I find myself doing it unconsciously on occasion.

The reason for ordering the Embody also is so that I can make a final decision within the returns period to avoid the nagging feeling that I could have got a better chair. Not sure how annoying the creaking of the Embody will be over time.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Try a Steelcase Gesture. It might still be small though.

Does the Embody not come in larger sizes like the Aeron does?

• 1Like

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
I have an Embody (Logitech version) that I got at wholesale about 18 months ago. I found it more comfortable than the Gesture or Aeron in side-by-side testing. I tend to recline a lot into the chair as I have hip arthritis that prevents me from sitting properly upright for long periods. The other two have a support gap right in the lower lumbar that's annoying to me if I sit back.

• 1Like

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
I pictured something a bit different when I heard Brahma bought a white chair that cost $1,800...

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Have you tried one? How you like it?
I really like my Gesture. It got rid of pains that I was not even aware were being caused by my previous chair.

But we're not remotely the same size.

• 1Like

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
It's OK for me, at best. I wish it was a bit higher since I am 6'3". This is gay as fuck, but I need to aim my ass toward chairs back rather the seat to get the lumbar to place right in my back.

The chair is MUCH smaller than I anticipated, but once you sit, the chair is the perfect fit as far as height, arm width, and seat length/width.

I'm 50/50 on whether to keep it. 1600 bucks is a lot for a chair you are not 100% happy with. 1800 if you want to include the headrest. Just need to game for a few hours before I make a decision.

The build quality everyone raves about is OK to me. I really feel like my old chair was built more sturdy.

Overall 8/10.
Sounds like you need even gayer lumbar support. Make it so...

1711479146433.png

Jokes aside, this thing is actually great, I just wish they had a different mold.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Things I am unhappy with on the Aeron:

1. The arm rests are not very secure. It's easy to move them forward/back unintentionally just by using them as leverage to stand up or to reposition the chair.
  2. If you cross your legs then its not very comfortable. I know these chairs aren't designed with that seating position in mind but I find myself doing it unconsciously on occasion.

The reason for ordering the Embody also is so that I can make a final decision within the returns period to avoid the nagging feeling that I could have got a better chair. Not sure how annoying the creaking of the Embody will be over time.
My two biggest complaints about my Aeron at work.

I still want to try a Gesture, but the Aria I ordered last year started squeaking when reclining in two days, I fear the same with the Gesture as it's a common complaint. Debating on trying a Leap.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Very quick first impressions of the Embody vs Aeron now I can compare side by side.

I think I would prefer Aeron if I maintained the same (intended) seating position all day. I like the fact the back rest is well supported and sturdy, but likewise the flexi-back of the Embody is also good.

The seat depth handles on the embody are a bit annoying. I only have a 100cm desk because I compromised on desk space in order to accomodate a wider soundstage for my front L/R home theatre speakers. Just compromised and moved the floorstanding speaker a bit closer to the TV, also tidied up my cable mgmt at same time. Now the complete area under the desk is available.

They're both good chairs.

EDIT: after 24 hours with the Embody I feel like the base isn't as comfortable as the Aeron. My left butt cheek aches.

Brahma Brahma did you consider the largest size Aeron ?

Last edited: