Oklahoma

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Haha soon as we figure out where exactly we'll be I'd love to meet up with some of you OK faggots.

We're aiming to leave late November and we're going to take a road trip to OK. When we arrive we want to spend time in the OKC area and also the Durant area.
For the time being my wife is still a teacher (she wants out) and if she can get a better salary commuting into TX while living in OK we want to investigate that option.
You may consider doing the opposite to be fair - Texas = no state income taxes (but higher property taxes). Depends on the situation. My old boss lived in Wichita Falls and commuted into OKC every other week. His property taxes were about equal to OKC (much lower than DFW metro) and didn't have to pay OK state income tax

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
You may consider doing the opposite to be fair - Texas = no state income taxes (but higher property taxes). Depends on the situation. My old boss lived in Wichita Falls and commuted into OKC every other week. His property taxes were about equal to OKC (much lower than DFW metro) and didn't have to pay OK state income tax
Texas does not have medical pot and OK does. That was the deciding factor for my cancerous ass between OK and TX. I'm not about to buy pot off the street in TX.
We did live in Houston for nearly 10 years so it was definitely an option we discussed before deciding.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
The few times I've been to OK I like going to the museums oddly enough. The Gilcrease museum and the national cowboy hall of fame. Both have large collections of western art but the best things are the Remington painting and sculptures.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pysek

It Didn't Happen, It Should've, and It Will.
<Gold Donor>
We also have the National Banjo and Racing Pigeon museums. As well as the Action Figure museum in Pauls Valley.

Last edited:

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was in OKC around the tuttle area yesterday. Houses being built at a vast rate. My brother just bought one in a new neighborhood. Most of his neighbors are refugees from the people's republic of cali.

• 1Barf

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, could be coincidental but 3 of our newer neighbors (including the neurosurgeon across the street) are Cali refugees. I figured OK would be the last place they'd want to infect, but obviously not the case.

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Don't forget Grapes, bro, many of these wayward sons are just comin back home. Just make sure they don't bring the shit-filled streets of cali with them.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, could be coincidental but 3 of our newer neighbors (including the neurosurgeon across the street) are Cali refugees. I figured OK would be the last place they'd want to infect, but obviously not the case.

Unfortunately Tulsa/OKC are top destinations for Califaggots. I give it another 5 years tops before we're as bad as Texas is.

• 1Truth!

pysek

<Gold Donor>
Schools are already gettin that way. Our Super thinks she can pretty much lockdown anyone she wants. She's been smart enough not to try it yet, but we're getting into flu, I'm sorry, COVID season so she may get antsy.

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
It's official. Papers signed and we out! Mass can fuck off! First stop Niagara Falls.

weed-half-baked.gif

gif.gif

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Welcome aboard - wife and I are seriously looking at getting some land out past Arcadia so we can gtfo of Edmond. Kids still young enough I think to make this a worthwhile endeavor though I imagine within 10 years this area too will get swallowed by the city sprawl.

lower case g

Lord Nagafen Raider
I missed this thread somehow. I'm down in the SW corner of the state. Don't know a lot about OKC and Tulsa, though I almost took a job in Newcastle a couple years ago. I do know that place is exploding population wise.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

pysek

<Gold Donor>
I missed this thread somehow. I'm down in the SW corner of the state. Don't know a lot about OKC and Tulsa, though I almost took a job in Newcastle a couple years ago. I do know that place is exploding population wise.
Welcome! I've done a stint in that region as I lived in south Arkansas for a spell and I have some family in far NE Texas. How many dispensaries can YOU count on an average drive to work?

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
Everywhere we checked out around the outskirts of Tulsa and OKC looked drab and run down. And my wife and I both just had an odd uneasy feeling which was very odd. We've traveled quite a bit the last 3 years and never felt that way anywhere. I dunno it just didn't feel right for us.
We also had to put our 15 year old pup to sleep mid trip which really didn't anything. :(

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
I feel you, but one of the reasons I stay in Oklahoma is specifically because we don't have much "city" in the state and have a whole shitload of suburban areas. Less city = less city people voting to fuck over the suburbs and rural areas.

Florida is excellent, though. If I ever left OK it would be to move to the panhandle of FL.