Old Cars Bleed Money

Nester

Vyemm Raider
So.... renting my car with Turo has magically come to an end. Every person I rent to beats the absolute fuck out of my car. In 3 months, I've had TONS of damage that Turo never accepts responsibility for. Ok, that's not entirely true... I was given $47 for a popped tire and anther $415 for scratching on the roof.

Ignition switch was on me ($1k), headliner was on me ($400). Now the fucking radiator cracked because someone didn't care when the overheating light came on. I don't even know how that happened, but Turo doesn't care because it isn't visible damage on the outside of the vehicle. Mechanical is on me. Whatever the fuck that means. Anyway, I'm looking at $2600 after all is said and done just for that to get a new Radiator, Thermostat & Water Pump. I'm just going to sell the car as is for parts at this point. I fucking hate people. It's a shame. '07 VW Jetta Wagon that's in immaculate condition, minus a cracked radiator. I'm just sick of dealing with this shit.

What did you think was going to happen? People shit bag rentals, why did you think you would be any different?

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What did you think was going to happen? People shit bag rentals, why did you think you would be any different?
Yeah, when I read that my immediate thought was that renting my car out to people to make money is so far down the list that the only thing I can think of that would be below it is sucking dick. And I'd probably have to see the dick first before I decided to rent out my car. I have never even heard of Turo, and I can't imagine that's a sustainable business model once everyone has the EXACT same experience that Xarpolis did.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Jovec

?
Seriously man, rentals are the fastest cars in the world. I cannot imagine the headache and money was worth it.