Oldboy Remake

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like they're gonna use the Dumplings, already leads to implausible, a white guy eating dumplings for 20 years, i still don't think can taste the difference, they shoulda use like hamburgers or fried chicken!

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm about as white as they come and I would have no problem eating dumplings for 20 years. They're fucking delicious!

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
20 years of eating the same thing? Yeah everything would taste different, pretty sure he could figure it out just by smell alone.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I finally watched the trailer for this movie. It doesn't look good. And yeah, you can already guess the overall plot of the film.
They go out of their way to show that Girl X is his daughter, yet the original didn't even reference that he had a kid until the very end.

What's going to end up is that the helpful girl is his kid and the one he thinks is his daughter is someone else entirely.

Pretty lame, in my opinion. Not even going to watch this, will just read a wikipedia that tells the plot.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
I finally watched the trailer for this movie. It doesn't look good. And yeah, you can already guess the overall plot of the film.
They go out of their way to show that Girl X is his daughter, yet the original didn't even reference that he had a kid until the very end.

What's going to end up is that the helpful girl is his kid and the one he thinks is his daughter is someone else entirely.

Pretty lame, in my opinion. Not even going to watch this, will just read a wikipedia that tells the plot.
Spoiler[ish?] for original Old Boy:

Dude, the very beginning of the film he has angel wings he bought his daughter for her birthday, and the news reports he watches in his room talk about the daughter surviving the mother in death. I just watched this a week or two ago with my wife.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ok, I didn't quite remember those scenes.
The big thing is that the rest of the movie doesn't reference her at all. He certainly isn't on a quest for it.

This version is just pushing your face in it. "DON'T EXPECT HIM TO FUCK HIS DAUGHTER, AMERICAN TRASH!" It's weak.
Although, it would be amusing if he ends up rescuing his supposed daughter in this movie, then fucks her anyway.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
he wore little tiny angel wings while vomiting on other ppl in a police station, then while he talks to his wife and kid on a phone he get's kidnapped, they're pretty much pointing out he's a family man. he isn't on a quest for his family cuz
1. revenge

and 2. he was treating it as a side quest and going, "oh she went oversea's she's probably better off" then he can

3. revenge

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Ya finding his daughter was definitely a side quest and mentioned a time or two while he was sampling the fried dumplings around town.

Goatface

in an interview, Brolin said spike 1st made a 3 hour cut of the movie, but to make it more action-violent and a lot of the character develop has been cut out. runtime is now listed as 104 mins.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
in an interview, Brolin said spike 1st made a 3 hour cut of the movie, but tomake it more action-violent and a lot of the character develop has been cut out.runtime is now listed as 104 mins.
oh....so it's hollywood at its best

Khane

Got something right about marriage
The original movie only ran 120 mins, why did he need to make it a 3 hour movie?

Needless

Toe Sucker
OMG that looks so. fucking. awful.
I don't know how it looks worse than i could have imagined it haha

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Looks like an action revenge movie, trailer of original wasn't any better. The completely fucked up parts were the shit they didn't show so there is hope.