Oldboy Remake

Goatface

boxofficemojo.com_sl said:
Spike Lee's Oldboy remake was expected to get a major nationwide release this weekend, but ultimately FilmDistrict elected to only push it out in to 583 venues. That's an odd release pattern that suggests lack of confidence in the material; fans of the original movie will likely give it a look, but otherwise it's not going to do much business.
d o a

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Apparently not, this was Spike Lee's big career saving move, to do the Hollywood by-the-numbers remake and get something profitable on his recent resume.

Vhars

Vyemm Raider
This actually wasn't shit, I was surprised that they really didn't change too much, my friends and I were all of five people in the theater though.

Goatface

I liked Inside Man and school daze and still need to watch 25th hour. to me the rest are bad to meh.

anyway, found this making of the original movie , don't know where it from, none of the dvds i have seen had any extras
The Autobiography of Oldboy
English subs are not hard coded, had to activate them

Ome

Molten Core Raider
In that Ed Norton rant when hes blasting every race and he says fuck the brothers...cmon Spike that aint real, thats not the word he would of used when hes on a rant like that. Took me out of the whole movie.

Goatface

Spike Lee's Remake Of 'Oldboy' Bombs At Theaters
Spike Lee's "Oldboy" remake didn't make a splash in theaters over the holiday.

The film, a remake of Chan-wook Park's 2003 classic, bombed making just $850,000 opening weekend. [$1,250,000 total in 5 days]

Not a great start at all for a movie that costs an estimated $30 million to make and has the star power of Josh Brolin and Samuel L. Jackson.

The film may have opened in 583 theaters this weekend, but, in comparison, "Dallas Buyers Club" in 696 theaters has made nearly $2.6 million in one weekend.

It probably didn't help that right before release an artist came out claiming Spike Lee stole his artwork for the film and presented it as his own. Though Lee dismissed the claims, people across social media were angered, smearing the film's FB page with notes to boycott.