Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (2019)

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
That's sort of a weird tangent. All things considered there's advantages with size but Mike Tyson wrecked bigger dudes on the regular and Bob Sapp was a mountain and lost to little guys a couple different times that I can think of.

So if you're the little guy just hope the other guy's cardio is poop and he'll fall over under his own weight eventually.
THERE'S A NEW ASIAN SHERIFF IN TOWN, BOYS
I know I have told you guys before, but I just wanted to take a moment say it again...I had the pleasure of having my Football Locker next to Bob's for a few years in College. He is absolutely one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hackney pummeling Joe San Do's balls is still the most memorable thing I have ever seen in MMA.

Bit of cosmic justice considering that whole 'brutal gang rape and torture' thing. He also murdered his cell mate in 2011.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
This movie is now ... available.

Rewatched last night / this AM. I believe I originally had a nice but lukewarm reception to Tarantino's latest. I want to revise my review and say this is a masterpiece. It's ridiculously good, it's amazingly acted, it's well written, fucking entertaining, and original. His camera work, etc, it's all just so fucking good. He's a true genius. Between this, Inglorious, Django, Kill Bills, etc, this is some amazing, great fucking movies and work.

• 3Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Direct to DVD
Reactions: 4 users

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Growing up in the 80's and 90's there was always the talk among the kids of dude my "Martial Arts #5" is so legit, and it would win any fight. then "No martial arts #9 would" etc. etc. then you got the "dude a big dude just punching that little asian guy would knock him out in any real fight" then they all gang up and show us some lee movies and other stuff.

Marital Arts vs martial arts of the same - sure, or even of a different related cousin field of art...

No one won those arguments because you had, at best Boxing and WWF... yeah.. as the examples or the best thing to point to as examples.

But as you said... now that MMA is out, and its just a fight to fight... its proven that there are some effective martial art things, but generally... a little 90lb dude may be a little faster than a 200lb rock solid guy, but... once a connection happens- its over.

The biggest problem for the 90lb dude is he is trapped in close quarters with the big guy. I have seen the big heavy weights gas to the point of nearly passing out all that muscle comes at a cost and a little dude with enough room to work with could eventually wear a really big dude down to the point where you could beat him. Being in a ring or octogon plays into the favor of really big guys. You don't need to be very fast or move that much to just slowly corner somebody and sit on them.

Also MMA highly favors ground and pound but in a real street fight the last fucking thing you want to do is stay on the ground for any length of time. Fighting styles evolve for the situations they are used in. MMA is super practical for that kind of fight structure. The original wild west days of MMA sort of distilled things down to what actually works in that setting.

spronk

FPS noob
if you watched in theaters may want to hold off on a rewatch, there is supposed to be a longer cut he will probably release on netflix. if you missed it in theaters watch away, its a great movie

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 2 users

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This movie is now ... available.

Rewatched last night / this AM. I believe I originally had a nice but lukewarm reception to Tarantino's latest. I want to revise my review and say this is a masterpiece. It's ridiculously good, it's amazingly acted, it's well written, fucking entertaining, and original. His camera work, etc, it's all just so fucking good. He's a true genius. Between this, Inglorious, Django, Kill Bills, etc, this is some amazing, great fucking movies and work.

I think it's his best movie since Reservoir / Pulp / Jackie era. The actor direction, dialogues, script, scenes, everything is top notch. Also about this 1970 era LA, it made me feeling utterly nostalgic about a period I didn't even live. I dreaded the DiCaprio / Pitt tandem because they're both extremely good actors but their duo feels so genuine and complementary on the screen it's stunning. I'm not gonna say it's Tarantino best film, but it's definitely one of the best movies I've seen this decade.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Best film I’ve seen this year. Loved it. Unlike everyone here though I thought the final half hour was the movies weakest part. Excellent acting, great writing and cinematography... glad Hollywood still has the capacity to make movies like this. Pitt should really win a few gongs, he played the role to perfection. Favorite bits in no order, Leo losing it on the set with the kid, Robbie at the theatre to see her own movie, the Bruce lee cameo, and then the drive out to the ranch with the hippie girl. Also, Leo losing his shit when they’re in the car at the end and the hippies finally recognising him.

Didn’t feel too long at all to me either, I loved the world Tarantino built so much it could be an hour longer. Excited to see his eventual extended cut.

Solid 9/10

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I know I have told you guys before, but I just wanted to take a moment say it again...I had the pleasure of having my Football Locker next to Bob's for a few years in College. He is absolutely one of the funniest people I have ever met in my life.

Lol that first fight is hilarious. It is like watching a toy poodle fight a black labrador. Sapp seems to have a VERY low pain tolerance, because he cowers on the ground as soon as he gets hit in both of those videos. He is a monster of a man, but the only time he put up a fight was when he just bodily threw the guy over the ropes.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing this movie when it comes out legally in wide streaming release har har. I am no-homo in love with all Pitt does, so don't judge.

McQueen

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was fucking great. I can’t wait for the extended cut on Netflix.

• 1Garbage
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
There was no movie in this movie. The guy from Band of Brothers nailed Steve McQueen though.

• 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
if you watched in theaters may want to hold off on a rewatch, there is supposed to be a longer cut he will probably release on netflix. if you missed it in theaters watch away, its a great movie

Might wait for this, or should I watch the theatrical cut anyways? Just found out he did this with Hateful Eight, that's badass.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I watched this the other night. For the first 80% I'm thinking "ok, it's ok, nothing special (except for the Bruce Lee bit which was hysterical) and then the four Manson folks pull up in front of Sharon Tate's place and the movie goes ballistic. I'm thinking "I dont remember them going into the neighbor's house" and the next thing I see is Brad's pitbull chewing on Tex's nutsack. OMG that ending was amazing.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Might wait for this, or should I watch the theatrical cut anyways? Just found out he did this with Hateful Eight, that's badass.

Wait a second, Hateful Eight can get longer? That's impressive.

Isn't the runtime already pretty damn long?

• 1Worf

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Hateful Eight is the only one I haven't seen more than once. I might revisit it now that he did the netflix thing and made it episodic.

Liked this one, a friend mentioned that there's not much of a plot, it's like a collection of scenes. Awesome scenes, but kind of disjointed. The Spahn Ranch scene is probably my favorite, it's set up really well.

I don't really get what Tarantino's deal is with the alternate history thing. Just an excuse to make Margot Robbie dress up like the first girl he ever jerked it to and zoom in on her dirty feet? Who knows.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Wife and I watched this the other night. For the first 80% I'm thinking "ok, it's ok, nothing special (except for the Bruce Lee bit which was hysterical) and then the four Manson folks pull up in front of Sharon Tate's place and the movie goes ballistic. I'm thinking "I dont remember them going into the neighbor's house" and the next thing I see is Brad's pitbull chewing on Tex's nutsack. OMG that ending was amazing.
Same here, saw it recently. Beginning was alright but slightly boring until the end. Then it all goes bonkers in a good way. Dug Hateful Eight more than this and Planet Terror was better than Death Proof except
gulp.jpg