Operation: Adebisi O'Mara

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Here's the story.

We started daycare with this lady (at her house) back in June. Paid a two week deposit, signed a daycare lady contract.

My son wasn't used to daycare, so he was having a rough start. This daycare lady would call almost every other day and say how he was having a rough time, and she wasn't sure what to do. We figured he'd just get used to it. Before he could get used to it, daycare lady calls one day and says she doesn't know what to do anymore, and that she's "never asked a child to leave before." Obviously this lady is not capable of taking care of my son. I have to miss work (again) and I luck out and find him a spot at another awesome daycare down the street.

Here's where it gets hilarious via text:
-------------------------

Adebisi
Hey Daycare Lady- I hope all is going well. I have a question. Since little adebisi was not able to continue at your place, would I be able to get the remainder of our deposit back minus whatever we owe you for the last day of daycare he had.

Adebisi (a week later)
Hi Daycare Lady - did you get my message about the deposit?

Daycare Lady
I just wanted to apologize again that I couldn't do more for little adebisi ;( I'm happy to hear he's adjusting well with his new daycare: more people and a one room atmosphere really helps some children with a separation anxiety.
As for the deposit, in my contract it states that if you choose to pull your child for whatever reason and not give two weeks notice that you lose your deposit as that's pay that I bank on being there for when I do my budgeting. I put that in my contract to protect myself in case a child leaves and I'm without pay for two weeks.
I hope this doesn't cause any ill will as I think very highly of you guys but I try and separate business from anything else. HOWEVER, I can play back up date night daycare anytime I know the girls would have a blast.

Adebisi
"I've never asked a child to leave before but I just don't know what to do". This is the quote you gave Mrs Adebisi when you called us and told us that you could not take care of Little Adebisi. This was not us pulling our child from daycare and not giving two weeks notice. This was you informing us that you do not want to care for our child anymore.

I would ask again that you return our deposit minus the one day care you provided.

Daycare Lady
I give families two weeks notice to find alternate care. Just saying good luck and be off with you is something I don't do. I give written notice. You found care I believe the day after. ?
I tried everything with little adebisi.

Adebisi
You gave us no notice. You told us we had to come pick up little adebisi.
I had to miss work, multiple times.

Daycare Lady
Like other days I had to call as he was having a bad day.

Adebisi
This is all I will say about it. Please do the right thing

Daycare Lady
Threats ? I didnt realize this was such a huge problam since so much time has gone by. Have your lawyer contact me. I wont deal with a threat. Good night Adebisi.
--------------------------------

So yeah. I'm sure the contract does indeed say what she says it said. But ... jesus christ, you suck.

Any small claims action you think? I'm in Ontario Canada BTW

PS: You like how she's all "THREATS???"

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
Needs more service industry professionals and meathead ex-con boyfriends.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I can't compete with that
frown.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Not much, really. $300 deposit, and I'd try to make her pay for the work I had to take off.

Maybe $500 tops. Maybe I could make her pay me for the two weeks notice she didn't give _me_ in daycare price.

Cliche: It's the principle dammit!
frown.png

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
sadness consumes me.

I need to be sure here: did I sound threatening at all in that exchange? I think she's got a case of the crazies.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Fair enough, I've put in way more effort for a lot less money purely out of principle and/or spite.

I went to the Charlie Day School of Law, so I'm pretty well versed in these things. My school transcript is in the spoiler.

The Attorney: This family behind me has 90 days to vacate. Until then, you can't touch them.
[Frank starts yelling]
Charlie Kelly: Let me handle this, Frank. It's not bullbird. He's making a few good points.
[turns to lawyer]
Charlie Kelly: Look, buddy. I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings. I'm well educated. Well versed. I know that situations like this- real estate wise- they're very complex.
The Attorney: Actually, they're pretty simple. The forms are all standard boiler plate.
Charlie Kelly: Okay. Well, we're all hungry. We're gonna get to our hotplates soon enough, alright? Let's talk about the contract here.
The Attorney: I'm sorry, I forgot. Where did you go to law school again?
Charlie Kelly: I could ask you the very same question...
The Attorney: [interrupting] I went to Harvard.
Charlie Kelly: [incoherent mumbling]
The Attorney: What?
Charlie Kelly: I'm pleading the 5th, sir.
The Attorney: I wouldn't advise you do that.
Charlie Kelly: And I'll take that advise under cooperation, alright? Now, let's say you and I go toe-to-toe on bird law and see who comes out the victor?
The Attorney: You know, I don't think I'm going to do anything close to that and I can clearly see you know nothing about the law. Seems like you have a tenuous grasp on the English language in general.
Charlie Kelly: [more mumbling] ... Filibuster...
The Attorney: Do you know what that word means?
Charlie Kelly: [after a long, stammering pause, Charlie screams and crashes through what's left of the door]
Share this
Charlie Kelly: I knew that guy was full of shit! I knew it!
Dennis Reynolds: What guy?
Charlie Kelly: That lawyer guy, okay. He totally besmirched me today, and I demand satisfaction.
Mac: You want him to bang you?
Charlie Kelly: Mac, be serious. He slandered me in front of a jury of my own peers. Look what they used to do when that sort of thing happened
[shows gang history book]
Charlie Kelly: . Take a look at this picture. What do you see?
Mac: I see two trannies shooting at each other.
Charlie Kelly: No, dude. They're dueling, okay? These are lawyers settling an argument by dueling it out.
Dennis Reynolds: How do you know that the two trannies are lawyers?
Charlie Kelly: [slams book, looking at Frank] Because it's an old book, okay? I don't need to explain everything to you about what I know. I'm trying to... get satisfied... From this dude... and you're trying to...
Charlie Kelly: [giving up and leaving] I'm getting satisfied.

But I dont think you're getting your loot back even if you go the legal route.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
sadness consumes me.

I need to be sure here: did I sound threatening at all in that exchange? I think she's got a case of the crazies.
I dont think you sounded threatening at all.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Just write her a bad review on Yelp and move on. Probably won't be worth the $300 for the amount of effort you will have to put into pursuing it (although I admittedly don't know shit about Canada small-claims law).

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I almost want to send her one last message.

"You won't hear from me again. I'm just disappointed in you."

Deep shit. Like something God would do to you.

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
Alright, plan B.

Can I legally shit on this person's lawn?
You can legally shit all over her on the internet.

When a place of business fucked me over like 2 years ago for like $140, I registeredwww.________sucks.com, put wordpress on it, did SEO on it, directed all people to their competitors and bought a bunch of backlinks on fiverr

it cost me like $400 altogether but it was worth it. site is still there 2 years later, has a page rank of 2 i think, and is shitting all over them to this day

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'd totally do the Araysar approach, but I doubt anyone would notice. It's a shitty daycare in a little town
frown.png

Loser Araysar

<Gold Donor>
this was a high end boutique in a fairly well to do part of chicago

so yeah, probably wouldnt work for you
frown.png