Orange Is the New Black

Silence_sl

shitlord
So far, about 100x better than season 3, which isn't hard to do. Piper and Weird Eyebrows aren't a focus so far, thank god. I'm about 1/2 through the season, and the second half is supposed to be a lot better than the first half.

Not bad. Feels kind of season 1-2ish.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So far, about 100x better than season 3, which isn't hard to do. Piper and Weird Eyebrows aren't a focus so far, thank god. I'm about 1/2 through the season, and the second half is supposed to be a lot better than the first half.

Not bad. Feels kind of season 1-2ish.
the 5mins of Piper are literally the worst parts of the first eps, pretty good so far. (minus Piper, god that character went to dog shit)

Silence_sl

shitlord
And that's it until next year.

Definitely a huge step up from last year. Piper and Bozo the Clown weren't a focus, and Piper's whiney ex didn't make an appearance.

Had lots more edge to it fer sure.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
They did this season right, Piper was barely a blip on the radar, and when she was, you could just FF past her stupid scenes anyway and not even miss any part of the story.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Only halfway through season 3 but it looks like Bennett's not coming back. Is he even mentioned in season 4? I think the actor may have had scheduling conflicts because his departure is completely out of character.

Ganthorn

N00b
Only halfway through season 3 but it looks like Bennett's not coming back. Is he even mentioned in season 4? I think the actor may have had scheduling conflicts because his departure is completely out of character.
Didn't he freak out when he saw what a mess the rest of the kids lives were like and the crazy drug dealer grandpa etc?

Caliane

I feel like you guys lied about the lack of piper.

Too damn much Piper. And I didnt even mind her in previous seasons like you guys did.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, Brenner noped out. It was abrupt, but it was surprisingly a sane reaction.

I wanted more character stories this season, but it wasn't goofy like last season was. There were a lot of things to like, and I think a tolerable amount of piper.

Rip tank girl, I love you long time. I feel like Healy is one of the absolute creepiest characters in the show, tbh. They've done a great job with him.

The overt social commentary got a little hamfisted a few times but it was a pretty minor distraction land in a show like this you have to expect it.

Caliane

I also think this is going too far with shitting on the prison guards this season.
Funny joke when its just lazy, and a bit incompetent. Now however, every single guard is a rapist, and sadist, and incompetent, and dealing drugs.

The whole Bennet deal made a big deal of his relationship needing to be secret. THIS season, treats the guards raping prisoners as standard procedure. they openly talk about it. About doing the truck driver. About getting blowjobs from inmates. even the female guard trading sex for heroin in max.
Like, I get it for the sake of story. But, they are doing a poor job of making it clear its just THIS group of guards, and not just all prison guards everywhere.

Ganthorn

N00b
I also think this is going too far with shitting on the prison guards this season.
Funny joke when its just lazy, and a bit incompetent. Now however, every single guard is a rapist, and sadist, and incompetent, and dealing drugs.

The whole Bennet deal made a big deal of his relationship needing to be secret. THIS season, treats the guards raping prisoners as standard procedure. they openly talk about it. About doing the truck driver. About getting blowjobs from inmates. even the female guard trading sex for heroin in max.
Like, I get it for the sake of story. But, they are doing a poor job of making it clear its just THIS group of guards, and not just all prison guards everywhere.
I thought the point was also to show us how bad these replacement "guards" are. They were just snagged up for being cheap for being vets or pulled of the street because of the walk out.

Jimmycarterwuwu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Their turning this series into Grays anatomy. Glaze over current political talking points with 2 to 3 points of views combined with equal parts of inmates going full retard fully rallying behind a cause. The 1 %, boys in blue/VFW 1 tour nut jobs, black lives matter, for profit prisons. ....... This fucking show could of taken a page from the wire.....Use anchors.....

Caliane

I thought the point was also to show us how bad these replacement "guards" are. They were just snagged up for being cheap for being vets or pulled of the street because of the walk out.
so.. they are shitting on vets? do you see my point though? for a show that goes to great lengths to give sympathy for all these inmates, the gaurds/vets this season are pure evil. They even had Caputo shit on the old guards for abandoning the inmates.

Ganthorn

N00b
so.. they are shitting on vets? do you see my point though? for a show that goes to great lengths to give sympathy for all these inmates, the gaurds/vets this season are pure evil. They even had Caputo shit on the old guards for abandoning the inmates.
I didn't mean it was because they were vets, more that they were going for the cheapest option for a second time. First round after they priced out the real guards they got random people off the street including a well meaning but in over his head guy and a weird perv etc with no idea what they are doing. Then he asks for more help and they grab untrained, obviously unscreened vets because they are cheap and that causes problems again. It just goes along with the rest of the theme of the season which is the corporate guys have no idea how to run stuff they just go for whatever is cheapest (food, guards, labor camps etc) to increase their profits.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I didn't mean it was because they were vets, more that they were going for the cheapest option for a second time. First round after they priced out the real guards they got random people off the street including a well meaning but in over his head guy and a weird perv etc with no idea what they are doing. Then he asks for more help and they grab untrained, obviously unscreened vets because they are cheap and that causes problems again. It just goes along with the rest of the theme of the season which is the corporate guys have no idea how to run stuff they just go for whatever is cheapest (food, guards, labor camps etc) to increase their profits.
yup

Basically Caputo needs to cut a tree down, but he only gets the budget to buy a spork, so cut a tree down with a spork.

Well the head guy actually seems pretty good, he's basically acting how i think a head guy should act (not that i'm agreeing with all that brotherhood bullshit, but when you're in a building with animals, the brotherhood is your lifeline).

cabbitcabbit

NeoGaf Donator
"we need to stop gang activity"

rrr_img_136221.png

supertouch_sl

shitlord
Fuck. Daya is a stupid cunt. One moment she seems resistant to her stupid mother's influence. The next she comes across as naive and impressionable. Why would she be ok with her baby remaining in the custody of her mom and her drug-peddling relatives?