Oregon Fire Chief finds evidence of FBI plants in Oregon standoff

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
So are these guys considered terrorists?
Technically? Yes.

But more importantly they are a joke, and treating them like a joke rather than the gubmint coming in and roflstomping them Waco style is the best way to keep them from gaining any sort of undue legitimacy.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
So since one of their true patriots got shot up, is there a federal equivalent of felony murder that the rest can be slapped with? That would be most excellent.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
So are these guys considered terrorists?
Ehhh personally I think that's using the term too loosely. These guys are essentially just protesters who carry guns. You've got to do a bit more than that to be a "terrorist" in my opinion. The guy who shot up that Planned Parenthood a while back was a terrorist.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
A terrorist is someone who attempts to incite terror in civilians/noncombatants as a tactic to attempt to force changes on the political entity. They attacked an abandon shack. As no one fears them legitimately because they are basically dumb and more importantly completely ineffective, they can't be terrorists. Frequently casualties are required for this, though in some cases targeted property damage could be considered terrorism. For instance a string of arson attacks against a specific group that are politically motivated could still be considered terrorism because the outcome is similar due to the deadly nature of arson even if no one actually died.

In before Muslim apologist says "yea but what about that guy they arrested who didn't even bomb anyone yet and everyone called him a terrorist!"

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Right. If you handed the Occupy Wall Street people guns they wouldn't magically become terrorists. It should take a bit more than that, or I think the term just starts to lose any meaning.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
A terrorist is someone who attempts to incite terror in civilians/noncombatants as a tactic to attempt to force changes on the political entity.They attacked an abandon shack.As no one fears them legitimately because they are basically dumb and more importantly completely ineffective, they can't be terrorists. Frequently casualties are required for this, though in some cases targeted property damage could be considered terrorism. For instance a string of arson attacks against a specific group that are politically motivated could still be considered terrorism because the outcome is similar due to the deadly nature of arson even if no one actually died.
I haven't been following this too closely, but you're saying whatever it is they took over had already been abandoned? So this was really just a big "Hey everybody, look at us!" thing?

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I haven't been following this too closely, but you're saying whatever it is they took over had already been abandoned? So this was really just a big "Hey everybody, look at us!" thing?
It was not 'abandoned' in the sense that the property was never used or condemned/relinquished ownership, but it was not staffed and not occupied at the time.

It would be like taking over a wildfire watchpost in a national forest when no one was there. It's still gov't property.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah it was closed over the New Year weekend when they moved in and claimed it as their headquarters.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So since one of their true patriots got shot up, is there a federal equivalent of felony murder that the rest can be slapped with? That would be most excellent.
Doesn't really sound fair seeing as how the guy essentially committed suicide.

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
Down to just 4 people left in the standoff, and they're holding out because one of their guys has a warrant for the same crime the other leaders are charged for and they're afraid of being arrested.

Meanwhile less than 24 hours ago they were asking people to come join them and murder FBI agents and whatnot and now they're afraid of one of the four going to jail for a max of 6 years.

Get pulled over right near the start. Take off about 8 min in. Hit the roadblock at 9:11, and almost take out an officer (but it looks almost like he jumps into their path). Lavoy jumps out immediately, hands in the air, but appears not to be listening to orders, reaches in his jacket and gets taken down (officials have stated he had a loaded 9mm under his jacket).

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
He's going to bust out of the morgue to take revenge on all these pussies that didn't go down with him like they promised they would.

And rape a bear.

http://news.yahoo.com/oregon-occupie...184643904.html

Earlier on Wednesday, some of the remaining members could be seen inventorying weapons, asking which clips fit assault-like rifles. Fry, the YouTuber, is seen wearing a bandoleer full of shotgun shells around his waist.

Later, a couple of men discuss strategy on how to defend a back gate before looking at Fry and his camera phone.

?You weren?t live-streaming that, were you?? one asks. ?Tell me you weren?t.?

?I just started like a minute ago,? Fry replies.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The only people left are the informants, but they don't know it.

tumblr_llqhltZE7B1qje0bvo1_500.gif

Jait

Molten Core Raider
That's actually pretty funny. Sounds like a Vonnegut pitch.

Obama needs to send these guys some Schnapps quick!
rrr_img_124375.jpg

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
31 agencies involved in the standoff. I can't even name 31 agencies even if you include county, city and state and so on.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
31 agencies involved in the standoff. I can't even name 31 agencies even if you include county, city and state and so on.
Of course not. You're a moron. And they count on that, so they use big numbers to confuse you. Clearly 31 is a very big number for you.

You know sometimes I need a security detail for my events, I hire two agencies. Sometimes my guests are important, they have their own security. Just off the top of my head (and I'm nobody) I can name 14 different agencies at pretty much any given sporting event or concert. And that's me, I'm stupid. There's probably at least another 100. And that's for a stupid event. This was pretty serious and involved an entire state, not to mention the observers.

There's also probably 147 different types of guns, shoes, vehicles, tires, whatever.

tl;dr? Posting #'s is fucking retarded without any context. And I sure as shit hope other "Agencies" sent observers despite the insinuation that it's a BIG CONFUSING NUMBER so morons don't criticize them for trying to learn something from this situation when we deal with it next time. And there will be a next time, because.... #'s.