Our World - Built by the Rerolled community

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Should look into Atavism. I'm not sure how stable that framework is but it sounds exactly like it'd do what you want here in Unity.
I reached out to them about a free trial and they didn't offer one. It's weird, they seem to be basically charging people for an alpha version. I stopped researching tho. I figured if thier product was good and they were confident about it, a free trial would be a great way to draw people in.

I posted a thread in software forum fyi

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Any objections to giving this a shot folks? Does 70 allow me to give 200 user accounts to us?

I will buy this so we can make our game together.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Any objections to giving this a shot folks? Does 70 allow me to give 200 user accounts to us?

I will buy this so we can make our game together.
I'm just skeptical about it. There is a thread somewhere on unity forums regarding it.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I guess what this means is everybody who wants to really participate has to buy at least a starter license to use the plugin system within their own unity software. The 200 users is probably the number of concurrent connections (players) to the server (playable game).

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Ok I'll do more digging when I get back from the bar. This is a good start
smile.png
I should come back with a grand or so so we can use that for starter funds.

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob
Ut, are you planning to do a kickstarter in the near future or you are gonna get some VC for us? lol

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Also isn't this already past the point of a good Kickstarter? You're supposed to have no concept of what's going on in your game so that everyone envisions it as their perfect game and pays you tons of money for vaporware. Ut has already put way too much thought into this.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Thanks Palum
smile.png

Yeah no kickstarter. Any funds we need we can worry about as we need. Im at the bar now fundraising as we speak. This type of fundraising is awesome. In the meantime, start thinking of the world you want to make. No holds barred. Whatever you wish you could play and share. I have a draft document for database items for crafting mats that will drop off your mobs. Also think of what you will want to make with them for itemization. I'll post up a rough draft tomorrow for basic itemization sets based on the action skill system for character enhancement and progression. Sky is the limit otherwise.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
OK, there's going to be a metric fuckton of worthless pop culture references and mindless bear ass quests - it's always been a dream of mine.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
2 more things:

1.) If you think about using Atavism, research if it supports everything you need. I was thinking especially about action combat and different rulesets for different worlds.

2.) If more people want to work on the MMO you need some kind of integrated team-software/version control. That is available for Unity (from the Unity devs themselves), but adds a lot to the costs (500$ per license/developer). Is there an asset store alternative? Is it possible to effectively work on a small project without it?

Basically, software is complicated, think about it before you really start
wink.png

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm in - good excuse to learn something new as well. However, I think realistically and logistically, we really need to set or temper expectations. This will be part-time for almost all of us, so very, very slow but very steady.

I like the idea of our own worlds connected by a central hub/town. That way everyone is independently free to progress as they see fit without hampering others. It's not even close to my ideal type of MMO, but beggars can't be choosers, and at this point there's many of you here that know what real MMO mechanics are better than anyone in this wretched industry.

Can Dumar be the lead dev?
My world will bring you the pain you crave.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
OK, there's going to be a metric fuckton of worthless pop culture references and mindless bear ass quests - it's always been a dream of mine.
I love it. My first world aside from building the common area will be based on a haunted house. Always wanted to design a sci fi haunted house story. My next world will be about horrible designers! I have always wanted to make a zone/world mocking the entire fucking industry. Without anyone being able to do jack shit about it.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I love it. My first world aside from building the common area will be based on a haunted house. Always wanted to design a sci fi haunted house story. My next world will be about horrible designers! I have always wanted to make a zone/world mocking the entire fucking industry. Without anyone being able to do jack shit about it.
Unrest 2.0?

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
2 more things:

1.) If you think about using Atavism, research if it supports everything you need. I was thinking especially about action combat and different rulesets for different worlds.

2.) If more people want to work on the MMO you need some kind of integrated team-software/version control. That is available for Unity (from the Unity devs themselves), but adds a lot to the costs (500$ per license/developer). Is there an asset store alternative? Is it possible to effectively work on a small project without it?

Basically, software is complicated, think about it before you really start
wink.png
Thanks man. Keep this advice up. We will need it.

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
Unrest 2.0?
Kind of. I need to drink beer and socialize. I'll be back later. I'm very excited for this.

No bosses and we are all equal. All creativity. And a solid frame work to build this all on. We are all going to have a blast playing through all the worlds we make.