Our World - Built by the Rerolled community

Quaid

Trump's Staff
U
It will be both. We will have a common area. From there you will enter a portal and each portal brings you to a new world created by that user. The common area will one day get overloaded with portals. (If this all goes to plan) and we will worry about it then if that ever happens. Let's hope it does and we all need to figure out what the fuck to do. I believe it is good to do it this way so we can have any type of content we want to create. An open world, I believe, will sooner or later inhibit imagination as some may try to point their ideas towards a specific singular lore piece. Rather than say, "I can make this haunted amusement park, and its going to be hilariously awesome and it doesn't need to tie to any specific story but my own".

Tad10, you don't like it? Then don't participate.
Ok, so are there any constants across the world? Basis in lore? Races?

The idea is very interesting, but I question if the development method/conditions agree with your vision for a final product. Most of us are amateurs, and I think the end product would benefit from a single specific vision we could focus our efforts on. In any event, need more deets.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Sounds interesting though it would be better if it could have some consistent lore and be turned into a real game and make us rich at some point in the future.

Gask

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Am I witnessing the birth of the next second life? At any rate it is a fun idea and if you can manage to provide the tools that everyone will need to contribute something then you should attract a bunch of hobbyists if you go looking for them.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Ut, can I be a giant fat green troll?
rrr_img_91515.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
building the world, that kind of content, is like the least important thing. The engine, control, UI, and combat, just the overall scope of the game is the most important thing, and that's the thing that is not up for discussion. You are just handing random forum dudes a paintbrush and telling them to go off and paint their own happy little trees. Not sure if serious or trolling? or just really drunk?

Chris

Potato del Grande
34 week binge? The idea is good but as posted it won't work. Whats with the extreme conflict avoidance, just vote on things or something.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
What if I get a piece of gear that looks like ass/giant dildo and no one ever says anything?

Am I forever cursed to be that guy who equipped the Dong Helmet while people laugh at him?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
What's really important to wonder is how many people on these forums have legitimate marketable skills for a project like this and how many people are just going to talk out their asses

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
What's really important to wonder is how many people on these forums have legitimate marketable skills for a project like this and how many people are just going to talk out their asses
What are you talking about? All of us are game designers with 15 years of experience arguing about it on internet forums.

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
I want Dark Souls combat.

I want you to have to think before you swing your sword. You should be able to cancel out of certain moves at a huge stamina penelty.