Our World - Built by the Rerolled community

splok_sl

shitlord
34 weeks into development, no clue about tech, no technical people (or anyone else for that matter)...

So Ut really is Brad? o_O

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I have a technical background as a game programmer and have worked at a major gaming studio long, long ago.

With that said, I haven't done game coding in years, and as such, no clue on the current tech. Like Draeg said, it's networking and game programmers or bust really. I'm sure there are frameworks out there to accommodate much of the engineering, but we're still going to have to get into nuts and bolts to make the engine and mechanics consistent across the 'worlds' so players can go back and forth between them.

But really, this industry is so bad that a bunch of forum warriors isn't really a bad proposition.

Bruman

Golden Squire
He probably took a screenshot of his post, printed it off, and mailed it to his mom.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
I'd much rather you commit to making your own world, Ut. Most want EQ like game with updated graphics. The lore and theme need to be somewhat consistent and not a mishmash of other people's ideas. Having a strong core focus will allow a much greater chance of successfully getting a game like this off the ground.

Vinyard_sl

shitlord
Pretty neat idea. GL on your project. I'm not creative at all or would offer some sort of help. I'm just a mmo junkie with 15 years of gayming experience under my mmo belt

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Palum
smile.png

Yeah no kickstarter. Any funds we need we can worry about as we need. Im at the bar now fundraising as we speak. This type of fundraising is awesome. In the meantime, start thinking of the world you want to make. No holds barred. Whatever you wish you could play and share. I have a draft document for database items for crafting mats that will drop off your mobs. Also think of what you will want to make with them for itemization. I'll post up a rough draft tomorrow for basic itemization sets based on the action skill system for character enhancement and progression. Sky is the limit otherwise.
How about a taco that shits ice cream?

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Communication going to be setup on a dedicated website?

Or will everything remain in one thread?

Just curious.

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You guys will hate me for this, but another option for an all-in-one, affordable MMO engine is HeroEngine
smile.png

Probably the fastest and easiest way to start building the MMO-game and not worry about getting the software/server/client/versioncontrol stuff to work.

bwuceli_sl

shitlord
Starting capital: - 2000$, Ut spent his winnings on coke and hookers. It's going to be a Vanguard development cycle.

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
I always imagined that I would enjoy an UT game, but the thought of a hub/lobby game where you go from haunted houses to unicorns pissing rainbows sounds worse than ESO...

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
This idea is a pure ripoff. I remember coming up with the idea in the middle school lunchroom as a kid. Hey guys, wouldn't it be awesome if my handful of general ideas could become a DnD campaign or video game?!?! If only there were pre-existing tools and other people with the skills to make it real.... And then your friend chimes in with a few of his own generic ideas, and you're like duuude, you can have your own campaign/map/world too.... but first we just need pre-existing tools and other people with the skills to work to make our ideas real!!!

Who doesn't have ideas? Who doesn't wish others will skills and resources to work would recognize those ideas for pure genius and hand over the keys to a development studio?

Take your ideas and passion and vision and start building something, and in a way that allows others to join the team, and you might have something.

Then again, what you'll have is even less that what Brad has with Pantheon, so what's the point? Promising the game will never be made or changed for profit is a great sentiment, but doesn't build a game.

In summary, I'd support the Kickstarter!