Our World - Built by the Rerolled community

Tauro

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Lol, Otherland is basically the Ut-game already done, back to the drawing board Ut, next idea please
wink.png

Big Flex

Fitness Fascist
that otherland trailer.. i don't know anything about the game, but i would throw money at it just due to that trailer

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
fuck yes unreal instead of unity, where do i insert my credit card for that game.

Quaid

Trump's Staff
that otherland trailer.. i don't know anything about the game, but i would throw money at it just due to that trailer
Watch the closed beta gameplay footage... It's rough.

Feels like the game had a super ambitious scope before it was canned... Then whoever resurrected it just wanted to make a quick buck and is releasing a very beautiful pile of shit.

Bruman

Golden Squire
That's not fair to unreal
Good point, that's what this board is known for - fairness.

There's a quote somewhere on these boards from an ex-VG dev (I'm pretty sure, but I could always be wrong) who explicitly targeted the Unreal Engine as the wrong choice for Vanguard. Nothing against the Unreal engine, just that stitching together large Unreal maps for the "seamless" world was the completely wrong technological decision, and was a large part of the reason they could never get the game stable.

I wonder if UE4 is more up to the task. Not like Unity3D was made for MMOs explicitly either.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ut looked in the mirror this morning and Pony tail was staring out.

Poor Ut, he has looked into and faced the darkness for so long, he has become what he has so bravely fought.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
Who was working on a Unity version of Everquest? I think someone should tackle that and call it Queverest. :p