Our World - Built by the Rerolled community

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
rrr_img_91546.jpg

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Nah, this is nothing new. The only difference from the usual "big game studios suck we should make our own game" sort of rallying of tards is now one dude is willing to put up bingo winnings to support the delusion!

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
Nah, this is nothing new. The only difference from the usual "big game studios suck we should make our own game" sort of rallying of tards is now one dude is willing to put up bingo winnings to support the delusion!
Have you ever tried to win big at bingo? Freakin old ladies with 15 cards and 4 daubers moving at lightning speed. (Takes me 5 min to find B-7 before I am way behind)

Furious

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not really. The real action is in the emu communities: EQ and now VG.
I would love to see someone take on the project of doing an emu of EQ99 but throw in a new engine with todays graphics. I know this is next to impossible but it would be a home run.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
I thought I remember reading somewhere ut is an ex baseball player/ loaded with cash or something, so presumably this will be peanuts for him and ex sports players making mmos can only be good business.

One thing I think would be cool is if the lore was not only intriguing but also intimately tied in with the gameplay / game systems. I see this in single player games but not mmos much. Generally your typical mmo tie in would be a birth month or race choice that results in some minor traits/perks that no one cares about.

It would be more interesting to see something like the lore of the world effecting something as visceral as the gameplay. Here's a shitty example

-maybe some part of the world there is a history of an advanced race that mysteriously vanished and their ruins are in that zone. Maybe because of something they did /leftover tech in their area, this leads to unusual /unpredictable effects on tech based crafting ie maybe get a boost / higher crits but greater chance to fail - if you bring your buddies and are able to activate the tech in the ruins (while fighting off others if it's a pvp game, etc) for the duration of your attempts!
That's not really my idea but is just an example that I could come up with now. Ideally my idea for the game would be a complex history / lore that has a more profound / pervasive effect on gameplay - something that alters/produces entirely new gameplay systems / combat challenges. And which hopefully also results in a more interesting/ compelling gameplay experience.

I just want to point out I have a track record of ideas of mine being used in failed/failing /due to fail mmos (fully destructible environments + user submitted content - pretty sure I posted that suggestion on this board ~ 2006) so this seemed like a good place to post

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I thought I remember reading somewhere ut is an ex baseball player/ loaded with cash or something, so presumably this will be peanuts for him and ex sports players making mmos can only be good business.
rrr_img_91598.jpg

Rhode Island almost certainly disagrees with this assessment

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I just couldn't pass up the chance to make a Shilling joke.

Poor guy is like eating in soup kitchens and sleeping under bridges and shit now compared to his lifestyle before.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I would love to see someone take on the project of doing an emu of EQ99 but throw in a new engine with todays graphics. I know this is next to impossible but it would be a home run.
You're basically just making a new game at that point.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
I'm not sure that I can invest in building a shard myself, or how seriously to take all of this, but for the sake of conversation.

One idea that drew my interest to Landmark was the idea of being an explorer and finding materials or recipes to bring back to civilization. It makes me think of the early fur trappers venturing into the unknown dangers of the new world. More than anything, that's the feeling I'd like to be able to get from an MMO. For this to really be a thing, travel has to be meaningful, so fast travel should be an expensive luxury rather than a privilege.

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure that I can invest in building a shard myself, or how seriously to take all of this, but for the sake of conversation.

One idea that drew my interest to Landmark was the idea of being an explorer and finding materials or recipes to bring back to civilization. It makes me think of the early fur trappers venturing into the unknown dangers of the new world. More than anything, that's the feeling I'd like to be able to get from an MMO. For this to really be a thing, travel has to be meaningful, so fast travel should be an expensive luxury rather than a privilege.
You don't like sitting in town afk clicking menus for queue travel? That's the apex of mmo gaming.

overbyte

Golden Knight of the Realm
No, that's basically what I do at work. Email is my hub station, and the hodge-podge of networks hot-glued together to form Windstream is my open world where I do battle with wild Ciscos, Junipers, and Fortinets.