Outer Range

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that my very first thought upon viewing the first episode was : "are these motherfuckers trying to rip off Dark?"

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I'm sure you're super familiar with Gaelic names. I bet you'd say Siobahn isnt a normal name too. Go fuck some more dogs

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I'm sure you're super familiar with Gaelic names. I bet you'd say Siobahn isnt a normal name too. Go fuck some more dogs

LMAO the population of northern ireland is less than 2m, that's the only Gaelic part of the 60m population of the United Kingdom LMAO so how are Gaelic names part of your argument?

You said Imogen was a common name, it isn't. Now you're changing your argument to "normal"?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I will say that my very first thought upon viewing the first episode was : "are these motherfuckers trying to rip off Dark?"
As I am a big fan of Dark, I feel that is almost insulting to Dark. There were maybe some light vibes but this show lacks a lot of the great qualities that made Dark good. The Pacing is much faster with only a little character development. The mood is darkish but the story goes right into the WTF rather than playing off a missing kids angle that slowly reveals the truth. There is no real soundtrack that adds to the mood like Dark had. Dark made a person have to pay attention to understand what was going on. Also Dark had one of the best Intro sequences in TV that was somewhat a work of art unto itself.

This show has me somewhat interested, but not like Dark held me.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
As I am a big fan of Dark, I feel that is almost insulting to Dark. There were maybe some light vibes but this show lacks a lot of the great qualities that made Dark good. The Pacing is much faster with only a little character development. The mood is darkish but the story goes right into the WTF rather than playing off a missing kids angle that slowly reveals the truth. There is no real soundtrack that adds to the mood like Dark had. Dark made a person have to pay attention to understand what was going on. Also Dark had one of the best Intro sequences in TV that was somewhat a work of art unto itself.

This show has me somewhat interested, but not like Dark held me.
I only watched Dark season 1 but I loved it. I have not watched the rest because I feel like there is no way they are not going to be huge steps down.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I only watched Dark season 1 but I loved it. I have not watched the rest because I feel like there is no way they are not going to be huge steps down.
Well you should. It just keeps getting better and better. And they actually nailed the ending. Which is more impressive because usually time travel type stories have bad endings. One of the best shows ever made.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
It started okay. Let's see if it doesn't shit the bed.

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Why are the Tillersons filthy rich while the Abbots are broke ranchers? Even though they're both supposedly ranchers on the same slice of land?

I don't like this stupid plot with the rock. Having some stupid ass McGuffin like a rock then going out of your way to not explain wtf it even is and why its important is really retarded. How did the illegal Mexican ranch hand even know what it was if nobody else does?

• 1Like

Khane

Pacing is weird and there are just too many weirdos in this show. Too many of the characters are loony bin material. Makes it hard to take the show seriously.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Autumn pushed Royal into the hole to "see what would happen". No, you did it for the plot.

• 1Like

Khane

This show is trying way too hard. That poker scene was so dumb.

It's like a low rent Twin Peaks

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I mean, it has okay acting and sometimes good acting. The plot is just nonsensical and as you say the characters are nutjobs for the sake of creating shit to work with in the plot.

Shit rustled me when Wayne's ex-wife asked him what the rock was directly and he instead just sang incoherently.

• 2Like

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Yeah, just waiting for this to end at this point. No real re-watchability on any of what we've seen so far.

• 2Like

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Yeah, just waiting for this to end at this point. No real re-watchability on any of what we've seen so far.
My thoughts as well when watching episode 4. Seems really half assed by everyone involved. And the story seems to just be a ripoff of Dark almost. Would of been a better 2 hour movie than an episodic show that stretches everything to thin. What was even the point of the scene with him naked and yelling at a buffalo head..

• 1Like

Khane

My thoughts as well when watching episode 4. Seems really half assed by everyone involved. And the story seems to just be a ripoff of Dark almost. Would of been a better 2 hour movie than an episodic show that stretches everything to thin. What was even the point of the scene with him naked and yelling at a buffalo head..

It's not a ripoff of Dark. Dark was a different kind of show. It's a half assed attempt at shoehorning Twin Peaks style eccentricity into a Wyoming Rancher story.

This show just really isn't very good. They show Royal in the other timeline with all the tents and government and mystery at the end of episode 2 then don't touch on that at all for the next two episodes. It's just not good storytelling. None of the characters are compelling because half the cast seems like they belong in a Longmire style law and order show and the other half of the cast seems like they belong in a bad ripoff of cheap sci-fi.

The writers have no idea what story they are trying to tell.

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Caliane

haven't caught the second two episodes yet. But, I thought it was amusing the show is called "outer range", yet it feels so claustrophobic. it doesn't FEEL like deep open country. and the wilderness doesn't fit into the story at all. The closet is the girl camping... but, the little girl just stumbles upon her once. Theres never a point were you really feel like she is out there in the middle of nowhere, with no one else around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I like the show for the strange pacing and quirky stuff that we don't see a lot of these days, for good or bad. It at times reminds me of a Cohen Brothers piece and other elements sprinkled around. Unfortunately it just isn't great as a whole package. It isn't offensively bad and is perfectly watchable, for me, but there are just too many plot contrivances. Actively not talking about the thing that is at the center of the whole show overstayed its welcome about 2 episodes in to Lost, and doesn't work any better here almost 20 years later.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity