Outriders (Squeenix looter shooter)

Stave

Potato del Grande
FYI, anyone that was screwing with the game time or files may have been flagged for cheating and will have to delete you character and start fresh. Read the article below for their anti-cheat approach.

Glad to see that. Hope it's not easily gotten around.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Bought a gaming laptop, it comes free with the Nvidia card, so that's nice.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
So what's the cheapest way to buy this right now? Also, any news on how the game is trending. End game specifically?

Xerge

<Donor>
the cross play and anti cheat have me very interested. I'm just starting atm

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So what's the cheapest way to buy this right now? Also, any news on how the game is trending. End game specifically?
There are vid in this thread that go over what "endgame" will be. Whether it lives up to what they show, no idea.

Warr

<Bronze Donator>
Free on PC Gamepass Day 1.

There's that video from the devs from 4 months ago talking about the expeditions post-campaign and the crafting system. First impressions from reviewers say the core gameplay loop is pretty fun and there's the makings of a solid loot system there. Story is cringe as fuck (but who plays these for story anyway), performance is shaky, and there's not many customization options.

My experience in the demo (fired it up last night) pretty much mirrored those thoughts. I'm not preordering or even buying day 1 since a) I've been burned before and b) I have a date with the new Diablo 3 season. But a few days in, check some reviews, and I'll probably get in.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
BTW, if you're going to play the Game Pass version, you can preload it via the Xbox Beta phone app using the remote download feature. Just search for Outriders and choose the console to download it to. I tried it on my XSX itself and there was no option to download it, and the Game Pass app didn't work either.

spronk

FPS noob
BTW, if you're going to play the Game Pass version, you can preload it via the Xbox Beta phone app using the remote download feature. Just search for Outriders and choose the console to download it to. I tried it on my XSX itself and there was no option to download it, and the Game Pass app didn't work either.

yeah use the xbox app (NOT the gamepass app), regular version (non beta) is fine too. Its a 45 gig download and must be installed on internal SSD on a series X/S. The game goes live April 1st at 9am PDT / 12pm EDT, thursday morning basically.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Pre-load is up on Steam 43GB. Be warned, if you pre-load Steam deletes the demo automatically.
New Nvidia drivers up also.

Last edited:

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
Devestator seemed most fun out of the box but I'm banking on Pyro.
All the classes were really fun, the Pyro took the longest for me to sync up with but I bet they get super powerful later. We really only get a few skills to look at and who knows how our views of the classes will evolve. I will play Devastator/Trickster/Techno/Pyro. Trickster is easily the worst named class; Just reading it, I thought, nah. SUPER powerful, though, at least through the demo.

EDIT: Pre-loaded on the PS5, but there are two countdown to playable clocks, one with 11+ hrs and one with 23+ hrs until playable. Weird.

Last edited:

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man loaded up the demo to check it out with the 3080. Still feels like crap to me. Might still pick it up just for the multi though since nothing else out.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man loaded up the demo to check it out with the 3080. Still feels like crap to me. Might still pick it up just for the multi though since nothing else out.
This is coming out at the perfect time IMO for Squeenix. Other looter shooters are in the seasonal dumps, no new shit to be had anywhere else. Gaming as a whole is lacking right now other than Valheim surprise. SO yeah they will make bank. I will play it although I still say that this game feels generic as fuck. Dont know why and cant put my finger on it.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users